“Great Service”
Review of Tino's Restaurant

Tino's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 132 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Restaurant located in the town of Joyuda, very accessible on the 102 road. Service was great and fast. The food was good, except the chicken "mofongo" that didnt had a criollo taste.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Just returned from a wonderful evening at Tino's. We had a very good experience. They had a very large, easily understood menu in both English and Spanish. Our waiter, Roberto, spoke wonderful English, which is great as our Spanish is poor!

We all ordered something different, and no one was disappointed. The prices were very reasonable. The only reason that I did not rate as excellent is due to location and atmosphere. The restaurant is located on the west side (non ocean side) of the road. The windows are covered, so there is no view of anything. Everything else was great. The restaurant was clean and neat, and very good parking in the back.
I highly recommend the flan for desert! Delicious!

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We really enjoyed our recent visit. The fish broth was excellent, and the dinner included a small tasty salad. The mofongo de yuca was one of the most delicious that I have had, garlic loaded as I like it. We had mero ("grouper") and chillo ('red snappers") fillets for dinner, both were very well cooked and delicious. This restaurant still provides bread toasts with butter and garlic, an old tradition in Puerto Rican restaurants that is disappearing. The service was very courteous and the food was served quite quickly. We also enjoyed a really tasty sangria. This restaurant is priced lower than some of the nearby restaurants, but still provides very good food. This place do oes not have a scenic view, or an impressive decoration; just a place for going to eat.

1  Thank viatgesrjr
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We got there around 6 pm on a Saturday and the place was full. Only had to wait a few minutes to get seated. Had to wait quite a bit from that point on, but it was worth it.

We ordered some lobster things for the appetizer which were all right. The menu had quite a few fish options, we got one in garlic sauce and one in butter sauce. Both were very good although there was quite a bit of sauce. I had the mixed seafood mofongo and it was heavenly.

The waitstaff is really hustling but this place could badly use just one or two extra bodies. The waiters take your order and then go get your drinks -- but they have to make the drinks themselves -- margaritas, mojitos, etc. Really slows down the service. We were given bread, and some people around us got salads but when I asked if we were getting salad, they were out. But they quickly brought us out more bread to make up for it.

Despite things taking a while, I really would recommend this place. The servers are working hard and were very friendly, our guy didn't speak English particularly well but we made do and he was very nice. Other employees we interacted with were similarly very busy but nice. You just have to be assertive and call one over sometimes when you need something.

When I paid the check (had to get up and walk over to get it because they were so busy), the waiter shook my hand and sincerely thanked me for coming. When we left, the restaurant was only about half-full, which makes me think many patrons come here early to try to get their orders in before the place fills up and service slows down.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were in the area and were looking for a decent meal. We took the TripAdvisor recommendations for this place and, boy did we love it!!! The mofongo was the best we had, definitely try the mixed seafood. Service was terrific and the prices extremely reasonable.