“Favorite!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Puerto Rico
“Favorite!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This is definately my favorite seafood place in the area. I like it simple... fry me a snapper and boil me some ñame!

“Local dive, freshest seafood.”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

There are two Cuesta Blanca restaurants near each other. One is a total dive. The other is larger, nicer and is literally 50 yards away across the street. Apparently the owners had some sort of falling out and one of them opened a newer larger more fancy restaurant 50 yards away keeping the name. We ate at the original place which is a dive. However.....We arrived on a Tuesday night and there was only one other group in the restaurant. The waiter greeted us in a very friendly manner and then invited the group back to the kitchen to view the fresh catch of the day. The fish was extremely fresh and I swear I think they were still flapping... I'm talking fresh. I ordered the whole lobster and loved it, my wife ordered a whole red snapper and thought it was very well prepared not overcooked and the spicing was excellent. Our friend had the shrimp in butter garlic sauce and thought it was excellent. The side orders like tostones and trifongos were very good. The desserts were basic like Tres Leche cake and multiple flavors of flan. I had the pistachio flan which was very interesting and unusual. The desserts were made in house. The service was actually quite good. He was being very attentive to our conversations at the table and when we were talking about an Internet viral video he actually tracked down the video on the Internet and had his laptop connected to the TV in the restaurant and played the video we were talking about because several members of the group did not know the video. No one asked him to do this and we were actually pleasantly surprised when the video started playing on the main large-screen TV in the restaurant. That kind of attention to detail and customer service is hard-to-find. We really enjoyed the visit to this restaurant. Please realize that this is NOT a fancy place. The interior decor and ambience is typical of a locally owned place that has been there for 30 years. Total bill for seven adults and one three-year-old was approximately $150. No one was disappointed with their meal.

New York City, New York
“One of the better places in Cabo Rojo”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The atmosphere leaves a bit to be desired, but it's made up for by the friendly and attentive waitstaff. It was overall a very pleasant experience. The fish was very fresh and the mofongo was very good.

• Visited December 2013
Puerto Rico
“Mmmm! ”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Delicious food! One of my favorites. I used to visit this place 2-3 times a year. I recommend everything! The stuffed mashed plantain it's excellent.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“After a Beach day, this should be your next stop!”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The food is excellent as the service. They take care of your visit and offer a good attention to make a pleasant moment. The Prices are ok so the atmosphere. Every order comes with fish broth and salad, also with garlic bread. Everything is delicious!

• Visited January 2013