“Excellent family holiday”

Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
“Excellent family holiday”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a wonderful week at this complex with my mum and a 10 and 12 year old.
They service is fantastic from the lifeguards, cleaners, bar staff, waiters and reception staff. Nothing is too much trouble And they always have a smile on their faces.
The 2 bedroom rooms are very clean and spacious with 2 balconies, air conditioning and a full size fridge/freezer.
The pool areas are kept very clean and are well lifeguarded.
The food was good with plenty of choice for each meal.
If you time your evening meal well, you can watch the amazing sunsets from the pool bar too.
Excellent family holiday.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Julie H
Aquis_Quality_team, Manager at Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
“Dear Guest
We are delighted to read that you had a positive holiday experience while staying at Aquis Marine Resort & Waterpark and even more so that you took the time to share it with TripAdvisor’s readers”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have just returned from a holiday at Aquis Marine Resort & Waterpark and although I am 69 years old, I still loved every minute of my stay. My son and his 6 year old boy took me away to this beautiful island of Kos and we had such a great time. The weather was perfect, hotel accommodation very good, the entertainment was excellent and the restaurant and bar staff were most helpful. Food was very varied and catered for all tastes and I could not fault it at all. The lifeguard still remembered my son and his little boy from 3 years ago and knows everyone's names - amazing, especially as there are thousands of people passing through this hotel each month.

7 Thank TheCraigs2014
Aquis_Quality_team, Manager at Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
“Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive holiday experience at Aquis Marine Resort with TripAdvisor’s readers and we hope to welcome you to another Aquis hotel in the future”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned from Aquis Marine and I must say we had an amazing holiday! Very clean, with professional staff, excellent waiters and bartenders (very friendly and hard working east-european), good food and excellent pool facilities.
Although remotely located from main resort, we really enjoyed the peace and quiet. Access is easy by car or bus and main tour operators will pick you up from the hotel in case you opt for trips in the region.
We had a lot of fun using the water slides and wave pool and enjoied the beach, both the one with stones (great for snorkelling) and the one with sand nearby.
Trip to Nisyros was amazing(highly recommend Theokritos Travel and Mike as guide) , as well as the Zia sunset. Loved greek food.
The only improvement suggestion for the hotel would be to revise the entertainment team. they struggle to perform but unfortunatelly missed to put up a decent show every single time. you could have mistaken the location to be in France, according to them.
As a hotel manager, i would do something about this.
Thanks Aquis Marine for a great time!

Room Tip: Wifi only works in the lobby. If you enjoy quietness, ask for rooms 101-105.
7 Thank Calin M
“Dear Guest
We are very pleased to read that you had a positive holiday experience while staying at Aquis Marine Resort and even more so that you took the time to share it with TripAdvisor’s readers”
Leeds
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I cannot fault this hotel at all, we've just returned from the most amazing week!! I could make recommendations but cannot moan at all!!! We've loved every second of our stay. I would only suggest softer beds and get the entertainment team to speak more English.....that's all. My twin girls aged 10, partner & I will definitely return to this beautiful paradise in Kos!!! Thank you Aquis you made our stay very memorable and delightful in every way possible!!!
Clare, Ian & the girls
Xx

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank FamilyTwinsRule
“Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for your positive feedback. We pay attention to all comments and we always try to meet our guests’ expectations”
Campbeltown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Just home from a weeks holiday with my 10&7 years old. Requested a quiet area and was given very quiet area. Booked a 1 bedroom but got a 2 bedroom! Air con & LCD tv both rooms! Room cleaned daily & new towels each day. (Cleaner left patio doors wide open 1 day though!) Room needing some tlc- shower dated, socket coming out of wall, patio doors slightly dodgy. Hotel immaculate, lifeguards amazing with kids! Bar staff so friendly. Food good but roasting hot dining room & pure cattle market. Kids just loved pool, and it's shallow so very safe. Beach towels can be hired €10 each, and safe key €3 per night. Resort doesn't cater for English speakers, just French & Russian! No entertainment or info reception in English And very few British guests. We would go back but it's very remote so stuck in resort unless want catch a bus or pay £20 return in a taxi. Also beach is rocks but short walk to another beach from the pool gates

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Leslecarlen
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is the 2nd time I have come here. 1st was 3 years ago in the beginning of October so out of season you could say and not the hottest weather but I was so impressed with the resort I decided to go again, this time in the beginning of the summer/school holidays with my now 6yr old and my mum, as last time it was just me and my son.

I am even more impressed now I have seen this resort busy and very hot with a lot of kids and demanding parents. To say they cope is not doing the resort and staff justice.

I know the top mark is 5 stars and excellent but again this does not do Aquis Marine Park and Waterpark any kind of justice. In my opinion at least 10 stars and outright perfection all round.

To give you a little idea of the attention to detail this place offers. The main life guard Iqbal remembered me from 3 years ago, which is impressive. There are so many children here considering the resort is huge and has 4 pools, so there will be a hundred or more children there.
Iqbal remembers every single boys and girls names as well as yours and makes a point of having a little chat with each one in the morning. I think that is unbelievable and no mean feat and really makes the children feel very special, to the point my son wouldn't leave without going to say goodbye.

Everyone from the bar staff to the waitresses who do a remarkable job every day and the cooks who must be shattered after every day as the food is always hot and so varied and the moment a tray gets low a new one is replaced.

You will struggle to get the children out of the water park pool but the other big pool is fantastic as it also turns into a wave pool every half an hour so that does get the kids to try this one too. Also it so happens to be close to the pool bar with free on tap kids drinks and as much ice cream as you can eat.

The entertainment team are just so fantastic and talented, they definitely earn there money and are up for breakfast before most and are non stop all day, entertaining the children and then put on a different show each night which is so good I wonder where they find the time to practice as it is always spot on.

If the beach is your thing then take 1 step outside the resort by the pool bar and wave pool and the beach and sea is right there. Take a short 5 minute walk left and you get to a huge sandy beach with the most stunning views and very clear water. I like to dive and snorkel and could of spent so much more time in there if it wasn't for my son wanting to go back to the water park pool.

There is a kids play park and indoor entertainment area so you could easily have a holiday with the kids but not see them for a week.

The rooms are great too. Just ground and first floor apartments with a separate family area which doubles up as a 2nd bedroom if like me you took your mum this year, all with balconies and always cleaned great.

So to sum up. Fab variation of large pools to suit everyone, plenty to keep the kids more than occupied, fab weather and staff, food so varied and fresh, rooms good and right on the beach with continuous stunning views from the pools over the sea. Not to far a transfer too and great little airport in Kos.

Of course not the cheapest resort but worth every single penny in my opinion and I have been back twice and am already putting together a plan to go back next year with hopefully a few of my friends and their children as I know I wont regret recommending the place.

A huge thank you to all the staff at Aquis Marine for another superb holiday.

Room Tip: all good from what I can see. I had same type of room twice now.
8 Thank Dcraig1972
“Dear Guest
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive holiday experience at Aquis Marine Resort & Waterpark with TripAdvisor’s readers and we hope to welcome you to another Aquis hotel in the future”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just back from a week stay at the Aquis Marine and had a very relaxing enjoyable stay. All the staff very pleasant and helpful. Hotel, pools and dining areas very clean. Rooms cleaned every day. Only downside was at times in the main restaurant it felt like a cattle market when trying to get food but this was down to the other guests letting their children run riot so can't blame hotel staff for this. Food was good with plenty of choice and even my very fussy eating 11yr old found something to his liking. Hotel situated right on pebble beach and Kos Town only a short bus journey away. Would definitely recommend and would go back again.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lorraine M
“Dear Guest
We are very pleased to read that you had a positive holiday experience while staying at Aquis Marine Resort & Waterpark and even more so that you took the time to share it with TripAdvisor’s readers.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,193 reviews
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Mitsis Norida Beach Hotel
Mitsis Blue Domes Resort & Spa

Been to Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort? Share your experiences!