“Fantastic resort, Child friendly,best UK entertainment ever seen friendlist lifeguards”

Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Tigaki
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This was a fantastic holiday and i would strongly advise people to come here.
Accomodation was lovely,clean and modern.
The pools are fab, for kids and adults, especially the slides and wave pool which are both manned with lifeguards.(rare in Greece).
Food was ok, a bit bland but great for all inclusive.
British entertainment was fantastic. Leanne, Miilly and Nicola made our holiday. Thank you for all advise and company. Kids club was a god send, thank you for UK team, Susanna, Klemene and Lucas. (not to German childcarers who will not let any nationality but their own join in)The shows were out of this world and they don't seem to get the support they deserve and need. The team are wasted in hotels.
Just a few negative points. The resort is in the middle of nowhere which the travel agents don't make you aware of and the beach is not very nice.
I found the German shows very embarrasing and one offensive to watch,(a comdey sketch show which mimicked disabled people, the blind and also a scene of prostitutes) This is not acceptable in a childrens hotel. Not when it followed the childrens disco and there was no warning to its context. All their shows were very poor and compared to the live singing and dancing there is no comparsent.
This is nothing to do with branding, it doesn't matter what nationality it is just not on in a mixed hotel.
Also their manager Kayreem, should not be doing this job. When he bothered to turn in to work he was drunk and smoking in front of the children,when he spoke English the sentence included swearing, he spoke to his staff like dirt. Their team in general didn't not make any effort to mingle with the guests.
Another final pointer is the sound system is of a very poor quaility and let the shows down a great deal.
Never the less i have had the best holiday in years and my family will agree. Thankyou to all aquis Marine staff for making this holiday unforgettable.

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed 27 July 2009

We have nice room in front of pool with sea view. The food was really great, many brands of meat, many brand of vegatables and salate, outstending youghurts, a lot of sea food. Nice pools with water slides, also wave pool is very funny - there are air wheels at disposal. Beach is covered with sand, but entrance is covered by stones. There are breakwaters and after 5 minute walk heading to Tigaki starts beautiful sand beach, where you can hire two beds for 5€. There is a car and bike/motorbike rental company directly in hotel. Great hotel for family with children.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my partner and we had a lovely time. The weather, scenary and general facilities of the hotel were fantastic. There was fantastic variety of food every night and the a la carte restaurant was lovely (recommend the lamb). The only gripe i had was that there wasnt much in the way of adult entertainment at night. We found ourselves scratching our heads a bit as a taxi to kos town is 10 euros. The entertainment was mainly for kids.
All in all though the hotel was good although be prepared o be an English minority as i is mainly Germans staying there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Whitey32
Reviewed 14 July 2009

We returned from Aquis Beach last Sunday and on the whole had a really good time. We had a lovely 2 bed appt with a sea/pool view to the front and gardens and mountains to the rear. The view from the balcony was fabulous. The only downside to the appt was the fact that the air con didn't work properly from day one and with very hot weather air con is a must. We reported the problem almost daily and someone came up each time (a very nice technical guy) but the problem was not resolved the entire time we were there. We had to keep a towel under the air con as it dripped constantly.

The food is great. Lots of choice and we really enjoyed most of what was on offer. My 11 year old daughter wasn't so keen on much of the food but she managed to find something each meal time. A couple of times during our stay the restaurant was full so we had to return a little later but that wasn't really a problem. There is another restaurant called The Olive Tree and for each week of your stay you are entitled to one evening meal there. We were really looking forward to but it really isn't anything to rave over. In fact, we didn't bother going for the meal on our second week. It is pretty much the same food that is served in the main restaurant but less choice and it is served to you at your table rather than helping yourself. Other families there seemed to be of the same opinion.

We found the wave pool good but my children (ages 16 and 11) felt they were a bit too old for the pool with the slides. It is ideal for children aged 10 and under. There is a life guard on duty there and he is really good with the small children but we found him to be quite rude to the older children and seems to think they are all a threat to the little ones when really they are not. When he was on duty at the wave pool he really shouted at my son for passing a rubber ring to my daughter. He was quite a distance away and blew his whistle and then roared at my son. I was stood with my son and was stunned as to why he got such a savage telling off which ended with the words "use your head" in a very loud voice. All this was in front of lots of other families and we felt quite embarrassed about it. My son didn't bother with the pool after this incident and we spent a lot of time on a lovely beach which is located about 10 mins from the hotel.

We also hired a car for 5 days during our visit. We hired it form the guy in the Reception area but we realised this was a mistake because he was charging way over the going rate. There are lots of other car hire places down the road in Tigaki and they are quite a bit cheaper.

There are quite a good selection of drinks but the pool bar does get very busy as has been mentioned by several other reviewers. There is a guy who works on the bar every evening called Panos and he is great and trys to keeps the queues down as much as possible but it is not an easy task. They need more staff behind the bar and maybe more soft drink dispensers so others can be serving at the same time.

The Animation Team are pretty good. We've seen better and we've seen worse. There is an English guy called Brett and he is really good and very enthusiastic. The hotel does mainy have German guests so inevitably there is a fair bit of entertainment for them and I heard grumbles from other British guests saying there wasn't enough entertainment for the Brits but I think the balance was ok.

During our second week I enquired about paying to keep our room late on our final day as we had a night flight. I asked about this several times and each time was told to ask the following day as rooms hadn't been allocated yet. We were leaving on the Saturday and I returned to Reception on the Friday to enquire again and was again told to return the next morning. At this point I got a little annoyed and went to the Managers office which is located in the Reception area. It was the best thing I could have done. He was very interested in getting my views and I was able to tell him about the faulty air con and the other gripes. He was furious about the air con and said we should have been offered another room and as a gesture of goodwill let us have our room on departure day for as long as we needed it free of charge.

Overall we had a great holiday. We wont return because our children our a little too old for it but if you have young children they will love it. Also, if you have a problem whilst you're there definitely go and see the Manager because he was a decent guy and keen to hear what guests have to say.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank foggy021
Reviewed 21 June 2009

Notwithstanding the fact that this resort had 50% Germans and only 10% British, you will find that makes no difference. The Geeks like us better that's for sure. The food was wide and varied and towards the end of the holiday they realised that us British like our food hot! The drinks are ok too - if you drink Gin & Tonic there is NO tonic! but a Gin & Sprite is a near thing. Wine and whisky ok too - better than most AI places.The pools were magnificent. The children play safely for hours. The adults just relax and enjoy the quiet away from the main aqua pool. The wave pool was great fun.
Myself and husband (58 & 61) took our daughter (33) and granddaughter (9) and everyone of us had a thoroughly wonderful time and would definitely go back again.
The only disappointment and great annoyance was the delayed flight by Viking Airlines - but that's another story!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank thedaborns
Reviewed 11 June 2009

Excellent holiday, have read other reviews about the resort and all I can say is, I went to Spain afew years ago all inclusive and was really nervous about this one, Spain was the worst holiday we have ever had, from the food to the sun beds in lines literally inches away from each other. Anyway we needed a holiday as I had been quite poorly, we booked a week before we went and I must say this was the best holiday we have had with the children. You could not fault anything, the accommodation was excellent, clean, towels in plenty supply. The food was excellent, something for everyone, even our fussy eater, drink was in plenty supply along with ice-creams. The pools where fantastic, cleaned every morning along with the surrounding areas where the sun beds where, I watched these being jet washed every morning. With there being three pools and the beach no where felt over crowded, fantastic!!! I would definately recommend this resort and will definately be coming back, well done. As to the jewery shop as someone commented before - great the lady very pleasant gave us advice as to where to go in Kos town and I brought two beautiful rings from her.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank SamShropshire
Reviewed 11 June 2009

My husband, grown up daughter and I have just returned from a week at Aquis Marine. All in all the hotel was fine. We had a two bedroomed apartment which was kept very clean over the week. On the one day we were forgotten, reception were happy to supply us with clean towels and the young lady who delivered them, offered to clean the rooms. The whole site was kept clean throughout the day. Dining room staff were efficient and very professional. There was a vast range of food however, most of it was in a pretty non descript sauce. This was compensated by a huge choice of salad stuff. Bar staff were at times a little slow but then again the way some of the non-british guests spoke to them I was not surprised. Very disappointed the bar finished at 11 pm and some atmospheric music would have been nice. The entertainment team tried very hard, but this was spoiled by parents allowing their children to just run around in front of the stage. What a shame!
We hired a car for a couple of days which stopped us going stir crazy. Only thing was, the packed lunch was awful.
The managment were evident throughout the holiday which obviously kept staff on their toes.
Thank you to all at Aquis Marine, a very enjoyable break but don't think I'll go back only because the hotel is geared more to young families and children.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank scrummyummymummy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Kipriotis Village Resort
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort? Share your experiences!