“Good hotel, good services!!”

Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Tigaki
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This is the second time after years I visited Kos. This time we needed a quite family resort as we were travelling along with my daughter and my grandsons. Aquis Marine was the best choice. Very good facilities for all ages, not only for the children. The waterpark was great and we did enjoy watching the children splashing all the time in the pools!
The resort was not near Kos town, however there is a good bus service for anyone that wants to visit the centre. We actually went only once as we really had a good time at the resort. The animation team is one of the great assets of the hotel. Quite interactive and we managed even to become friends we other families.
Breakfast was really good, with a good variety as well as lunch. Our room was quite big and must admit spotless, and always clean. My daughter is quite hysteric when it gets to cleanliness and she never complained as she usually does!
A big thank you to all the Aquis team. We will certainly visit again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Amandaaaaa

Reviewed 23 October 2010

I went for a week with friends in mid-Oct which was right at the end of the season and the weather wasn't great. We had 3 days of extreme winds, 1 say of storms and 3 days of sun. It will be the last time I come to Greece in Oct as others in the previous week had worse weather. I recommend Sept at the latest.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, usually with a smile. We were on an all-inclusive deal, the food was ok though by the end of the week it became monotonous, but it was plentiful and fresh. The wine was cheap but drinkable, and the spirits, though local brands were rather good. Last orders for the all-inclusive drinks are 11pm.

The day and evening entertainment was interesting and the crew made an effort catering for English and German visitors. All in all, we had a good laugh.

The rooms are basic but clean, the single beds are small. They have a dvd player in the rooms and free wi-fi everywhere so you can surf on your mobile phones or laptop. They can rent you laptops for 15 euros a day.

It's quote close to Kos Town and we rented cycle to travel there (5 euros rental day charge), the bikes were ok but not great, you won't want to cycle on them for very long distance, but in the sun, they were ideal. It's pretty flat to Kos Town so the ride is easy, esp if you go by the beach road. The car drivers are v. considerate and give you plenty of space. In Kos Town there are may dedicated cycle lanes as well.

I took a day trip to Turkey and that was fun, there are plenty of boast going there, but the stated crossing times are longer than what they tell you, so add another 10-15 mins on top of the stated 20-40 mins. Tues is market day in Bodrum, Turkey so that's the best day to go shopping.

Kos Town had lots of ruins to explore and a castle if you like history.

One more tip, don't bother arranging private airport transfer online as they cost 25-35% more than if you just got into a taxi there! I regretted booking ours via the web when I found out it was much cheaper just doing it when you arrived. Or just call up the hotel and ask them to send you a cab.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Firstly, I am going to start with the one negative thing. I booked over the internet and went through Direct line. The problem with this was 'You travel' the tour company associated with the booking. 'Margaret' our so called waste of space rep. I hope they werent paying her thats all I can say as she was never there and never did anything she said she would. My tip here would be to be aware of the company you are going with and probably opt to go with the better known ones. Thomas Cook rep, Louise (I think, sorry if I have it wrong) was absolutely wonderful and advised us to approach the better known reps if we needed anything even if we hadnt gone with them initially. Fantastic. The holiday....sun, rest and relaxation but a kids club for my 5 and 7 year old giving us some adult time in the morning just to catch some rays. Then off to lunch, yes the food was a bit 'samey', but who cares we were there to unwind and did just that. The rooms were immaculate and we were given an upgrade free of charge. Pool towels fresh every day. The reception staff were fantastic, always helpful and even put a nice big chocolate cake in our room as a surprise for my birthday. Abbas one of the life guards was there to watch over the kids safety not as one couple sad, to watch over them while the lazy parents bla bla, I do agree though, there seemed to be a lot of kids running free range!! The slides, wow....I became adicted to the thrill of a freezing cold shock as I hit the water for the first time at pace but it wasnt long before the body temp dropped sufficiently to make you think you were warm. i loved it the hubby enjoyed himself the kids loved it. Great time had by all. Oh and one last thing, a trip to Kos town is worth it just to visit the Fish house in the harbour. Friendly, tastey and tucked away behind the array of promenade bars/ restaurants up a few windy steps

4  Thank VerwoodSlimjim
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Just got back from Aquis Marine with my wife and teenage son and enjoyed a good holiday, the place was out in the middle of nowhere but was served by buses into Kos Town for 1 Euro 40, which run up to 11.00pm and vice/versa the opposite way, Tigaki was obtainable by Taxi for 10 Euros and fares did not differ after midnight, but always ask the fare before you jump in like anywhere.

Staff were really good and put themselves out of their way for you in an effort to make your stay as comfortable as possible, personally i think i got good value at paying around £290 for an all-inc, if their was a downside the food could be a bit hit and miss but 95% of the time was ok but my expeirience of all-inclusives as far as food goes if you look for a fault you will find it where ever you are staying, all in all we all enjoyed ourselves and i never heard anyone saying negative comments and i would not turn down the chance to go again.

1  Thank jon1960
dandreadaki, Officer at Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2010

Thank you very much for choosing Aquis Marine Resort and Waterpark for your holidays and for advising us of your positive comments. We are delighted that you were pleased with our services and facilities as well as the service and the attitude of our staff.

We hope that we will have the honour of welcoming you on our property again in the future.

Reviewed 15 October 2010

This hotel is rated a 4 star by Thomas Cook. We read reviews and i was a bit worried about the cleanliness of the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised as the rooms and hotel grounds were very clean!!
Our group consisted of;
My family ....me/partner/daughter 15yrs/son 11yrs/daughter 3yrs
Sisters family.....2 adults....daughter 18yrs/son 14yrs/daughters bf 19yrs
Mum and Dad ...76yrs and 80yrs
So as you can see we had a huge range in ages, the general feel for the hotel was that furnishings etc were a very good standard. Hairdryer in room, good air con, was a jacuzzi bath in all our rooms but none worked and also if the water in bath went above the drainage plug it leaked onto the bathroom floor. One TIP i do give is do NOT eat in the rooms as you get loads of red ants coming in!!!!
THE STAFF pool staff and entertainment staff were faultless they knew the kids names within 10 mins of meeting them and greeted them everytime they saw them. The bar staff and reception staff were also very friendly. The restaurant staff were friendly enough but not like the others.
THE BAD THINGS
the FOOD was disgusting (i'm really not fussy neither is my hubby) the breakfast was ok but everything was COLD even the meats, we actually saw people heating it up in the microwave (i didnt wqnt to offend anyone so ate it cold) The food was the same every time too, you only had a small set time to get it as well. The snacks were a waste of space, a bit of cake/sausage roll for one hour a day and they only put 2 trays out, this could only be got from the pool bar RUBBISH. Kids could have ice cream all day though.
The beach is rocky and not really for people that want to get into the sea, also the beach was filthy, rubbish everywhere, whether this is because it was end of season i dont know but we have paid a huge amount of money so expected to get the same standards.
We left on the day the hotel closed and 2 days prior they were shutting things down (self serve pop and the pool bar) which again we thought was disgusting as we had paid for 7 days all in!

On the bright side the pools and staff were brilliant and if they only sorted the food and beach out it would of been perfect!!!! (we didn't care about no english reps as the reps that were there were brill)
You can get a boat to Turkey from Kos town ( abus to Kos every hour from otside hotel)
Hope this helps people decide
sam xx

3  Thank Samx34
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Overall this is an excellent hotel with loads to keep children happy. I went for two weeks (the last two weeks of the season), with my husband and two children aged 4 and 5 months. The food is pretty boring and there is not a lot of choice - in fact, it is probably the worst all inclusive restautant we have been to - but we didn't pay a lot and the saying 'you get what you pay for' really rings true in this case. However, that aside, the staff are amazingly friendly and genuinly kind; the hotel is clean, rooms are spacious and the pools are really good fun. There's a great playground too and it's safe and clean - so for us, this all made up for the poor restaurant. We went for 2 weeks and when the food became too much we got in a taxi and went to Kos or Tigiki for a meal out. Eating out is not over priced, but the only down side is that you can not walk to anywhere and a taxi is 10 euros each way to either Kos or Tigiki.
I would recommend this hotel though, we had a great time and it's really good value for money.
A tip for anyone bringing a baby though - we bought enough jars and nappies for 1 week but had to buy the rest in Kos and I would recommend bringing everything you need for the baby with you. It was very expensive (I paid 2 euro for each jar of baby food and could only find veal or chicken!), nappies were 10 euro for a small pack and baby milk was 13 euro for their equivilant of SMA for a SMALL tin! There was limited choice and on one occasion the main supermarket in Kos had no size 4 nappies! I did however discover later that their is a Lidl near the hotel - which sells nappies and wipes at a really good price, but no baby food or baby milk.
Finally - if you do hire a car, (which we did and highly recommend) don't miss Paradise Beach and the lovely restaurant at the top. The view is outstanding, the owner is simply adorable and we had the most delicious meal overlooking the ocean. It was reasonalble, tasty and really memorable.

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Having read some of the reviews on here, it was with some trepidation that I clambered off the bus. I was expecting everything from fawlty towers style staff, to roaming packs of feral pigeons to elite commando squads of ants and cockroaches.
The staff from the moment I arrived to the moment I left were outstanding. The Animation team of Luca, Matea, Martina and Alyssa were brilliant. They let us know what activities were on but were not too pushy if we didn't want to partake. the bar staff were lovely too, always cheery and very helpful.
The accomodation was clean, comfortable and well maintained. The grounds too were well maintained. The wave pool was where we spent most of our time and was very good fun. Iqbal does an incredible job supervising the children whose parents are just too damn lazy to keep an eye on thier kids in the pool.
Which brings us to the food.
I understand why it prompted such vitriolic reponses from the baked bean and chips crowd. They've tried to cater for a english and german clientel, but I guess as they can't necessarily source that kind of food, it doesn't really work. Breakfast is the best meal of the day there, with out doubt. Lunch and dinner are interchangeable, and it does get a little bit tired after a while. But simply jump on a bus in to kos town, and there you have your pick of cheap and tasty eateries. If you venture back from the quayside there are some lovely restaurants, particularly alongside the agora, which are lovely in the evening.
I paid £290 for the first week in october, so didn't mind paying for some meals. THe weather was fantastic, hot and sunny every day. It can be breezy, especially in the evening. Don't book excursions through the hotel. You can find them for 10-20 euro cheaper from the myriad of tour operators in kos town. 3 island cruise, and day trip to turkey i'd reccomend.
I wouldn't want to go high season, as the unsupervised kids would drive me nuts, but I had a delightful holiday there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Krisse2000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigaki
Astir Odysseus Resort & Spa
Kipriotis Village Resort
Mitsis Ramira Beach Hotel
Grecotel Kos Imperial Hotel
Michelangelo Resort and Spa
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
Dimitra Beach Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Agios Fokas

Been to Labranda Marine Aquapark Resort? Share your experiences!