Cordial Mogan Valle Apartments are just excellent and very well equipped, the balconies well enough has been said on here about them but they are huge which is great. The staff are just so lovely, polite and professional. We had a 2 week stay and when we arrived we were given a glass of sparkling wine, which was very nice. We went to reception to ask for the name so we could purchase some and they gave us a chilled bottle as a gift, if that isn't going above and beyond then I don't know what is. There are cockroaches we saw a few dead ones in the corridors and some small live ones in the apartment itself, we were on the 8th floor, cockroaches will be found in many countries with this sort of climate. On arrival as others have said you get given a map and directions to room, we did get lost initally but then soon found our way around. The walls are very thin and you can hear those above and below and either side scrapping there chairs and sun loungers on the balconies but this didn't bother us. What we did find slightly annoying was we had new neighbours above during our second week who constantly stood at the edge of their balcony to nose down onto ours and other peoples, these were english people like us and they seemed to be more concerned with what other people were doing than enjoying their own holiday, typical nosey neighbour! Maybe our only gripe about the accomodation is that our sheets were only changed twice during the 2 week stay, not twice per week. Also the beds were a little hard. Our room was directly opposite the supermarket and the mountain walk - opposite the complex is a zig zag walk up the mountains which many people seem to do, it appears to be a favourite for runners. The walk to the beach and port area can be a bit difficult in full sun, even though the paths are flat, the sun just zaps you but there are plenty of benches to have a sit down along the way. The Spar shop sell freshly cooked chickens and new potatoes daily so great for a nice lunch on the balcony. The buses going up and down the road opposite the apartment complex may be a bit noisy for some as the place is in between 2 mountains so the noise travels and echos. This didn't bother us but may bother some?
Puerto Mogan is very very pretty and very safe, we like quiet holidays but this place is a little too quiet for us. We went to the port to take the boat trip to Puerto Rico, the lady advised us to go to Anfi instead saying it was beautiful and much nicer than Puerto Rico, it is nice with really elegant hotels but we didn't realise, it is a time share resort and there is really nothing there so I wouldn't recommend this. We went on another boat trip to Puerto Rico and what a difference to Mogan, constant hassle to buy time shares as soon as we got off the boat. However they do have a bigger shopping centre than Mogan does. If you go on a boat trip I'd recommend going with Bluebird instead of the other one, we went on both. Bluebird make stops to feed the fish, etc which was a nice little touch.
Mogan has a few little shops and a great shoe shop! Opposite the apartment complex is a shopping centre which is mostly empty, a local said this was due to electrical sellers originally occupying them and giving them a bad name. There is also a half finished building opposite which is very common now I suppose around Europe. We used to eat a lot in the resturant on the square (cannot remember the name now) but it was great food and service.
As others have said Mogan does shut down at 11pm and when I mean shut down, you don't see a soul, the lights go off on the balcony.
The english channels are CNN, BBC World News and Disney Channel, I know you don't go on holiday to watch tele but seeing as though everything shuts down at 11pm, it would be nice to have a few more channels to chose from. They do have free wi fi in the rooms now, you just have to ask reception for the code.
Sorry for the waffle, just trying to give as much information as possible. Overall the accomodation was just grand, the resort very pretty and safe and accessible, however when we come to Gran Canaria again we would stay here but plan our holiday a little better to go on trips away from the resort as Mogan is very very quiet, we would use Mogan Valle as a base though. I would not hesitate in recommending this accomodation at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogan, a fishermen area known as "Little Venice" by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogan Valley. 303 Luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 Squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria