“Great apartment, relaxing holiday”

Cordial Mogan Valle
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Just returned from Mogan Valle this morning, had a fantastic relaxing break. We went through Thomas Cook booked B and B, but had emailed the hotel for a high floor and booked an extra night directly due to flight time change. The room we got had sun on the balcony from about 11am to late evening, balcony was the largest have seen. Apartment room 542 well equipped, clean and modern. Some tiling in bathroom a little grimmy but I think this was due to our bathroom having no window, others seemed to have. Bed rooms have two single beds together. There are only ceiling fans, which were ok as was about mid twenties, in heat of summer this could be a problem, though there are air con systems available to rent. On arrival were given a leaflet of options to upgrade to Half Board, b and b etc. The safe is 2 euro a day. Small gym available but very stuffy 2 euro a day or 10 euro 7 days. Spa 7 euro a time but really only has a jaquzzi, steam room, sauna and massage showers, we only used once. They also offer massages etc at extra cost but quite expensive and need to book.

Three pools,one very relaxing others busier.Lots for kids to do climbing area near snack bar and two guys organising activities like games, kids activities, mini disco, yoga etc. Hotel staff very helpful. There seem to be many disabled guests as lower floored apartment are right beside pool, these however are not so private and have no balcony. Hotel appears very accessible, though several lifts may be required to move about.

Supermarket across road, we found cheapest for most things eg, vending machines in hotel about 1.60 euro a can for minerals, same cans in supermarket 48cents.
Puerto Mogan is a very relaxing resort lots of restaurants and snack bars, prices vary. Most places close around 11pm.
We went on boat to Puerto Rico 20 euro return for 2 people, we only spent 2 hours though, hounded by Time Share people, tried to tell my husband he hand won a video camera, and he needed to go to pick up right away.
All in all had a brill break and would not hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: High floors larger balcony. Supermarket across road cheap for snacks. Hill path not far from hotel s...
2  Thank marina g

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Mogan Valle Apartments, despite being in a fairly large complex, proved to be spacious, well appointed, clean and quiet with a huge balcony. My room was on floor 5, same level as the infinity pool, and was easy to access by lift from the main reception area. The apartments are a comfortable level ten minute walk from the beach and marina where there is a fine selection of restaurants. Cleaning was almost daily, and sheets changed regularly, so no complaints there. There is a large supermarket literally across the road for all your groceries, drinks etc. Downside, the television was dated, not a great picture, and the choice of channels in English was limited only to CNN and BBC World News.
Mogan is a small, clean and quiet resort, with a lovely beach and safe swimming, everything within easy walking distance. April is low season so some of the shops were closed, but it meant that service from the charming locals was relaxed and friendly. I will review some of the excellent restaurants separately.
I booked the hotel via their own website, but found myself dealing with 'Miss Ellie's World Travel' of Manchester, part of the 'Freedom' Travel Group. Although the booking was easy, I was badly let down when my return airport transfer did not turn up at 3 a.m. resulting in an unexpected and unwelcome taxi fare of nearly 70 euros. Nobody responded to the so-called '24-hour emergency' phone numbers given which at that hour left me with few options. Although I have received an apology I have not yet been re-imbursed after almost a month and no explanation has been offered, so my advice would be to avoid the Viajes Urbis transfer company (which was part of the package) and arrange your own transfer.
I would certainly recommend the hotel and the resort, and will certainly be returning in the near future.

Room Tip: Aim mid-way, floor 5 was very convenient
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David M
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Lovely big apartment, large balcony with sunbeds, table and chairs and a shower outside. We had a room on the 3rd floor and the sun was there in the morning and stayed all day so was nice to sit by the pool and in the after noon go to the balcony very quiet and private. Would have been disappointed if we had a room on the ground floor, lots of trees block out the sun. Reception staff very helpful and we were given a glass of cava on arrival, a nice touch. We didn't eat in hotel but food looked nice. Spa was brilliant €7 each for the day and a beautiful oriental garden with sun beds which was attached to the spa very quiet. Apartments are just a short walk away from a beautiful harbour with many restaurants very reasonably priced and not a kareoke bar insight perfect. There is a supermarket just outside the hotel food was quite cheap, freshly baked breads. I made breakfast in the apartment every day and bought bread, cold meat and salads for lunch and we ate out at the harbour in the evening. The entertainment in the hotel is a bit naff on the 2 occasions we went back to the hotel early there was only a few people in the bar. This hotel quiet and very relaxing but there is also a children's pool and play area which we avoided. I can't wait to return in November as we left feeling like we had a relaxing holiday, would recommend it

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank superwoman12
Reviewed 15 May 2013

These apartments were very spacious and comfortable although the lifts were challenging - we had to get four lifts to our apartment and a different four lifts to the pool. In fact it took nearly ten minutes to Reception from our room. Entertainment was very poor and it would be a nice addition to have more tables and chairs outside the bar area or a separate adult bar area. Staff were all very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel a la carte restaurant next door was amazing - lovely setting and great food. The port area has lots of restaurants and we particularly liked the Irish Tavern. We travelled as a couple but would return as a family or with friends.

Room Tip: We had an upper level room which had the sun most of the morning and all afternoon and evening and w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank RelaxerEssex
Reviewed 13 May 2013

we have just returned from a weeks holiday here. The hotel (apartments really) was very central and spotless. Staff were helpful. We got an apartment near the north pool on the ground floor. We just had to walk out and we were at the pool area which was great. Apartment big and had a big patio, no outdoor shower though. It is a bit tricky to navigate when you first arrive up lift down corridor down another lift - dont know who designed this. Puerto de Mogan is a lovely place , its not cheap to eat out but food is lovely. Lovely scenery. We did a lot of hiking but to find trails was quite difficult, staff either didnt want to tell us or they didnt know but werent quick to find out for us. we found a few ourselves. One of the shops near by offers guided hikes for 90 euro for a couple if you want , we didnt. Would reccommend this property but dont think i would return to Puerto de Mogan, seen it done it and thats it.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the kiddies section if you are a couple and want some peace. North side is wer...
3  Thank deirdrarichardson
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We have recently returned from a weeks holiday here with friends. On arrival we were offered a glass of Cava which we thought was a nice touch. Reception staff were pleasant efficient and helpful. We both had rooms on level eight and finding our way the first time was a bit of an adventure, but after that we were fine.
Our apartments was large with a good sized kitchen area that had a table and four chairs. There was only one plug socket in the kitchen and when they give you a toaster and kettle you really could do with a double socket. This I accept is only a minor point though.
The bedroom was a good size with two large wardrobes but there was limited draw space. The whole apartment was of a good standard and clean. The wow factor though came with the balcony. The balconies on level eight have a wonderful view and they are huge. There was a table with four chairs, two sun loungers, a shower and you still had enough room for a barn dance !!
There are three good sized pools on site and also a play area for children. The whole complex is clean and well maintained. There is also free wifi available.
The supermarket opposite the apartments is well stocked and has all you will require for your stay.
It is only a short stroll to the beach and town centre along a pedestrian walkway. In the small town of Mogan there is a nice beach which shelves gently into the sea so it is very safe for children. There is a lovely Marina to walk round with plenty of cafes and shops. There are so many good restaurants you are spoiled for choice. We enjoyed eating in El Capuchino which is near the marina and also at La Linterna, which is on the beach front. At La Linterna you can get a large beer for two euros and have a lovely see view and the food is very good. The laughs starts though when the evening rush is over and the waiters start having some fun.
I have no problem recommending the Cordial Mogan Valle Apartments and the lovely spot of Puerto Mogan. If you want night life and to party all night though this resort is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank PnRawaydays
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The other reviews largely say it all - excellent spacious appartments, pretty resort, good transport by bus or boat to other places so you can easily do without a hire car - but for me the big plus point was the food.
I had emailed in advance to ask about gluten free food and had a reassuring email back. On the first night the chef went round the buffet telling me what I could eat and then said they would cook me some chips in uncontaminated oil which arrived a few minutes later, a huge portion. Every day 2 sorts of meat and 2 types of fish were grilled to order so apart from the other stuff on the buffet I always had choice. I was told to request gluten free pasta but a couple of days later, without me having asked, the chef brought me a delicious huge bowl of gf spaghetti with prawn and tomato sauce. So I asked another night and got some with a pepper sauce. For dessert there was always fresh fruit, flambeed fruit which I had with ice cream (the chef couldn't guarantee the ice cream but I risked it and was fine), usually flan (the creme caramel sort) and cheeses. Every breakfast I was brought a warm crisp gf baguette which was a real treat.After a couple of days they said they also had gf cereal, cookies and cake - all of which I tried once I knew they were available, though I didn't need them as the breakfast buffet is vast. I have told them they should inform coeliac guests exactly what they have as we just assume there isn't anything.
So, the food made my holiday - especially as the Kalisa ice cream you get in Gran Canaria marks those suitable for coeliacs (most of them) and even has no added sugar ice creams which suited my diabetic husband.
And the weather was wonderful!

Room Tip: The rooms in the north block seem quieter as is the pool there. Ground floor rooms didn't have t...
8  Thank Coeliac
Marina Suites
Marina Suites
#2 of 67 in Puerto Rico
Gloria Palace San Agustin Thalasso & Hotel

Been to Cordial Mogan Valle? Share your experiences!