“Lovely experience”
Review of Zoo Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Zoo Bar and Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 100% quality food and drink.. Holiday fun everyday- everybody welcome! Best place to be in mogan you will not be disappointed.!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went to the Zoo Bar to watch England play world cup qualifiers. They reserved us a table and we had the most amazing food, and the service was excellent. Had a couple of excellent nights there, recommend a visit if you get the chance.
JimJules

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Late night Drink”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Popped in for a last drink on way back to our appartment which we found quite expensive compared to other premises.

Visited October 2013
Waterford
“We always miss here when we're home”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Can't say enough about this place. Sam (the hostess) is everything you could wish for in service. Fast, friendly service, great cocktails, delicious food, great athmosphere - a fun place to be. On every 10 day trip, we go here twice. Thanks Sam.

• Visited April 2013
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed this restaurant and went twice cause there was other stuff on menu that my son wanted to try and after nearly 2 weeks we were a bit fished out! Can recommend their chicken wings, kebabs, ribs and steaks, service was quick and friendly and though we don't have young children the wooden animals dotted around have a novelty value for those who do

• Visited December 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Chicken Satay disappointment”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My partner and I decided to stray from our usual favourite restaurants while staying at Mogan this week and while the staff were friendly and helpful, his food experience (Zoo Burger) was 'not great', and my chicken satay was totally unacceptable. The small curly (?) pieces of chicken were stringy and gristly. I've never returned a dish before but the meat was of such poor quality it made me wonder of its provenance. I find it insulting that someone would think this acceptable quality, and unbelievable that standards could be so be so low when competition is so fierce in Mogan.

I suspect the local stray cat population benefitted as soon after my meal was returned I spotted the waitress with one of them at her heels and a full napkin going around the corner only to return with an empty one and no cat. Difficult to manage the stray cat situation when the restaurants are so open plan and tourists such great cat lovers (me included) but this only encouraged it to come back into the eating area.

It was also a bit off putting to see what appeared to be a manager or owner with two small dogs going in and out of the restaurant before our meal was served. Makes you wonder about the levels of hygiene generally.

To give them their credit, they did resolve the chicken satay issue immediately and did not charge me, but it put a bit of a damper on the evening while I waited uncomfortably for my partner to finish his burger. When you only have seven nights on holiday you want every evening to be special. Needless to say we were back to our favourites (Caravaggios, Olivia's Restaurant, Tu Casa and Café de Mogan) for the rest of the holiday.

• Visited September 2013