This was our second stay at the Mogan Playa and again we thoroughly enjoyed both the hotel and resort.
We had two adjoining rooms which were structured so that our rooms were accessed through one door, leading to a small entrance hall with two additional room doors for privacy. The rooms are comfortable, but as we found on our previous visit, the beds are rather hard, so following other TA reviews, we requested mattress toppers which greatly improved the comfort.
The room is equipped with satellite TV and DVD player, but my gripe with this is that, yet again, the only English TV channels are BBC World and CNN, while there are extensive ranges of German, italian, French and Dutch - something the hotel management should review.
The hotel has two pools both of which are well maintained with enough sunbeds for everyone. One drawback however of the pool next to the hotel main building is that one side of the pool is in shadow until around midday, so if you like early morning sunshine you have to get in quick for the sunny side of the pool. Pool towels are provided at the pool side by the attendant and you are requested not to 'reserve' sunbeds, but of course this does tend to be ignored by a minority.
The breakfast buffet is extensive and caters for all possible options. The service is good and tables cleared very quickly.
We again opted for the B&B option as the resort has a very good selection of restaurants by the harbour/marina. The hotel is a pleasant 10 min stroll from the harbour and the town is peaceful and quiet even later at night, with no clubs or loud bars pounding out music (showing my age here I guess!!) A lot of the restaurants are Italian, but there are some good seafood restaurants or ones serving traditional Canarian food. The ones we used were of good quality and prices in general are on a par with the UK. Fortunately there are no 'English -style' pubs or restaurants, so you actually feel like you are in another country.
If you are interested in shops, there is a small Mall opposite the hotel which has a useful supermarket, and there are some shops in the town itself.On Fridays, there is a local market in the pedestrian area near the hotel
We really enjoy our holidays at the Mogan Playa and intend to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria