First time we had stayed in Gran Canaria and certainly feel we picked the best resort, lovely marina and beach with lots of shops and restaurants. The hotel itself was very good with beautiful well kept grounds and great pool areas with lots of sunbeds (and good spaces between them) which were very comfortable- better than the beds in room! Pool towels provided and they were a really good size.
We loved the food, plenty of choice and good quality. I had the freshly cooked fish every evening, usually sole which I love. Good choice of salads and breads. The desserts were disappointing, they looked good but I found them bland, even the ice creams. The cava at breakfast was enjoyable, we used to make Buck's Fizz. Pleased that the hot water provided for tea in the pots was very hot and stayed hot.
The room itself was adequate size and clean. I had emailed ahead to ask for a sunny room as I suffer from SAD (winter depression due to lack of light) but sadly we didn't get that, though the view was pleasant enough. I didn't find the bed very comfy as I like a firm mattress and mine was rather soft and bumpy. The towels were a good size but rather on the thin side. Did not appreciate the shower gel dispenser on wall of shower, would prefer separate shower wash and shampoo, but at least there was plenty of hot water. Had we wanted use of the fridge, we would have had to pay- something which I have never encountered before!! On principle I didn't pay, choosing instead to ask for a glass of ice at the bar whenever needed (which in the evenings took some considerable time as bar staff busy so ice machines would be a good idea). We also thought the charge for safe was rather excessive at over 18 euros for the week. Finally, the wardrobes weren't ideal for hanging long dresses or trousers as the drop from rail was too short. Even my husbands shirts were a little long for the space provided.
In conclusion, we found good and bad points and certainly not as perfect as so many reviewers find. But on the whole, not a bad hotel by any means. The location was brilliant, quiet but only 5 minutes walk to the lively marina.
I would return to Puerto Mogan but probably to an apartment, especially as there are so many great eating places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria