We stayed at the Cordial mogan playa a couple of weeks ago; 2 couples in our early and late 30s.
Overall an OK stay but few things to point out.
When we checked in we didn't have the best welcome experience, she hardly explained anything. Over the week we meet other receptionist which were so much nicer.
The dinner system where you get allocated to a certain timing, choice of 2, is something I have never seen before and is just so not flexible plus you end up with endless queues all over the buffet. The food quality is actually not bad however there are so many people that the dinner experience is just not nice at all. Most nights we swapped for lunch and the venue is different and although the options are fewer we found the quality much nicer.
If you want to use the safe the charge you 2.60 per day; I have never been in a hotel that charges you to use the safe.
Breakfast is lovely although again, crowded.
The rooms a re slightly old fashion but clean and tidy.
The pool area is actually the best part of the hotel, we went always to the one closer to the lunch restaurant and found it lovely and peaceful. the guy that comes around for the drinks was the best out of the entire hotel; great customer service. Even though the hotel seemed quite full (at least judging from breakfast and dinner) then at the pool there was not so many people.
In general an OK stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria