Visited for the third time and still love the relaxed informal atmosphere of this hotel. We visit every other year and will continue to do so. Couple in our late fifties. We always reserve the conservatory for our evening meals and love to sit out there for breakfast too, sipping the free sparkling wine - a nice addition by the Manager! The individual villas in the rear gardens are nice for a secluded stay but rooms in the blocks are good too. All give a different experience. Nice curtesy room too if you have a late flight home. Evening entertainment varied and the Mamma Mia show and Grease are hilarious (as so bad, but SO entertaining) so not to be missed. The Soul night was however excellent, with very good singers. The food is always superb. Massive choice for carnivores and veggies alike.
It's also a lovely quirky hotel in some ways. Look out for the legless birds on the tiles when you go downstairs to the dining area. (My husband says he's been married to a legless bird all his life), The cabaret room has big fibre optic jelly fish like lights and the man reception has a quirky clock (hope it gets repaired and chimes next time we visit). The indoor waterfall is bonus.
If you want a relaxed holiday in a lovely hotel by a quiet pretty harbour, with good food and service,
this is an excellent choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria