I sit here writing this review on the balcony of room 7104 on a wonderfully warm evening. Overall the hotel is excellent, the room is large, with a good size bathroom and a shower with very good water pressure, the beds although a little on the hard side are comfortable. Our room overlooks the spa and is as it has been said in earlier reviews, very quiet with a large balcony.
The grounds are wonderful and the staff very pleasant.
The walk to Morgan centre is only 5 minutes away. You will find quite a busy centre with shops and restaurants. Apparently this is now the quiet season so some of the restaurants are closed.
The only issue with this hotel is the dining in an evening. They have two set dining times, which interestingly they changed today. Being on the early sitting we can now dine between 18:00hrs and 19:45hrs. The problem is that regardless of which sitting you go for its a bit like a rugby scrum. The layout of the food stations has been given no thought and you have starters in two locations and the mains in two further different locations. We were on our second night before we discovered that there was a fresh fish station. What you end up with is a lot of people wandering around with plates, everyone getting in everyone else's way. Chaos ensues and it spoils the dining experience. I can't understand why you simply can't book a time slot for your dinner like every other restaurant I have ever been in. If there is no time slot available then you have to pick another time. Towards the end of our first sitting the staff are already laying up tables for the second sitting so why is there a need for a half hour break between sittings....beyond me.
Having said all that the food is good, especially the fish and meat station where it is cooked / carved while you wait although the chefs need to replenish the vegetables a lot quicker than they do.
Would I stay here again. Yes I would. Once you accept the system at dinner, although I don't agree it's the best, the rest of the hotel lives up to expectations and I would agree what previous reviews have said.
If they could sort out the fine details over the dinner this would go from being a very good hotel to being excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria