We pondered for ages trying to find a new place to holiday, even though we have been to Gran Canaria years ago we had not been to Puerto Mogan. We read the reviews, all 5 star and decided to give it a go. We booked through Jet2 so it was a full package, we arrived about 1130 pm the staff were welcoming, gave us a champagne welcome drink which tasted good and offered us a cold buffet snack as it was late, never had that before. We were guided to our room, exactly what we asked for, high, pool view, the room was good quality a few gripes, no fridge available you have to request the mini bar fridge to be unlocked ? no iron or board, no coffee/tea facilities ? maybe this is why its 4 star ? apart from that everything was good, housekeeping everyday if you wanted it. Back to the hotel main building, at first sight when you arrive it is gob-smacking, the closest decor like the extravagance of Vegas we have seen outside of Vegas, a jungle - atrium theme very nice.
The whole complex is massive well presented and kept, even has its own chapel ? a few bars, pools, eateries, a lot to see. can't dwell too much but impressive.
The main restaurant is well run by the ever present and professional managers, the staff as ever are courteous and attentive, the food choice is huge well presented and tasty self service eat as much as you like, half board or full board, two sittings for dinner.
The main bar area is like a mini club / theater with all the seating and lights with dance floor, every night it was full for the acts, waiter staff doing their best to keep up with the busy service, the cocktails are very popular. Last orders were about 1 am but that was okay, they need a DJ to keep the guests in the bar after the acts have finished, a lot of them disappear. THE hotel / complex is most impressive, enough for us to want a return visit fairly soon. The most impressive and professional staff at all levels.
The town itself has a lot to offer is very beautiful, very photogenic there is enough to keep you occupied for a week, many bars/restaurants/shops, marina, beach, boat trips, local cheap buses, taxis, most areas are pedestrianized, and to cap it all off its cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria