This is the 3rd time we have stayed at this hotel,which in itself speaks volume.This time we booked a family room which consists of a single room and bathroom and then a double room with its own bathroom.Our daughter is only 10 and we could have had a standard room with a camp bed but for £500 more for 11 nights the family room has been well worth the extra.
The food,service and housekeeping are still excellent.My daughters air conditioning was broken,but once I told the maid it was fixed within half an hour.Exceptional customer service.
The entertainment is generally poor at night,although last night there was a magic show which was very good.
The hotel is showing some signs of its age now.The Rooms are clean but furnishings a little dated,the hotel is 10 years old now and will in my opinion soon need modernising.
However,all things considered,this is still value for money in comparison to similar rated hotels.
We will be hard pushed to find a hotel as as good as this for next year,but will not return for a few years only because there are too many other places to visit.
One final point,there are lots of British kids here at the moment..a huge plus for my daughter who is an only child.This may not suit everyone,but having been to other hotels where most are Foreign,this makes our life a lot easier if she is happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Onthebeach so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria