We booked in for a week at the end of January to escape the freezing conditions back home and were not disappointed. It was a mild 23 degrees in the day and comfortably cool in the evenings, which with the very quiet location ensured a good night's sleep. We were welcomed with a glass of champagne (soft drink option) at the reception by friendly and efficient staff, which meant we could quickly proceed to our rooms and get down to our evening meal as we had arrived mid-evening. There was a welcome bowl of fruit and a bottle of wine on the bedroom table, which was a nice touch.
There was an extensive hot and cold evening buffet, with a carvery/frying area for fresh steaks and cutlets of three or four varieties of meat, and an additional area for frying at least three varieties of fish. There were many desserts and plenty of fresh fruit always available. There were many varieties of bread, both rools, sliced and whole loaves to cut yourself. There were toasters and also a microwave available. Try booking a seat in the winter garden conservatory area for your evening meals. This is fixed for your stay, but sit anywhere for breakfast.
The breakfasts were of the expected standard, with unlimited fruit juice or champagne if that's your fancy, fruit, cold meats, cheese, yogurts, a frying area for omelettes with four toppings, or freshly fried eggs. Bacon, scrambled eggs, caviar, etc, etc. Pots of coffee and tea, with decaff coffee sachets available and several types of tea bags.
The reception area was the most remarkable of any hotel I have stayed in. There was a lion fountain, reminiscent of the Alhambra, and a clock tower with a ring of bells. Every night there was a skilled musician playing a grand piano or saxophone or electric violin, etc. Looking over a railing revealed a lower floor with running water, a grotto, seating area and entertainment room and bar. The entertainments were of variable quality.
Outside there were two large pool areas, with pleasantly warm water. The sun loungers had the thickest cushions I have come across and were very comfortable. The grounds resembled a botanical garden and many species had labels to aid identification. It abounded with ornamental pools and fountains. Get down to the harbour area after your evening meal and explore the quaint alleys and canals which are floodlit. It is less than a 10-minute walk away. The sea was a bit too chilly for me, but my wife enjoyed a dip, and the imported sand was quite coarse but golden and comfortable to walk on in bare feet. The Blue Bird ferry trip to Puerto Rico was a must, and you get free sangria both ways.
If you are seeking a relaxing holiday, somewhere to chill out amidst beautiful flowers and in warm sunshine during our winter months - this is the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria