Warning; Do NOT read this review if you are hard to please or want every aspect of the holiday complex uncovering.
We returned from Cordial Mogan Playa today and are pining to go back already! We have visited Maspalamos and Puerto Rico the previous two years with the mentality of enjoy the experience of a holiday and then move on to the next place. Cordial Mogan Playa breaks this rule on every level and we SHALL be returning (soon!)
We arrived at 3am (approx) to be greeted by a) the amazing decor and b) the option of chilled orange, water or champagne whilst a night porter transferred our luggage into the rooms.
No detail is missed within the maintenance and decor of rooms. They are fully equipped with shower/bath, toilet, DVD player, air con, TV, hairdryer, nail files, sewing kits, chairs [inside and out], safety deposit box, brochure guides, a-z of the hotel and fridge.
Me and my partner are 21 and 23 with high expectations of security within a holiday complex. The Cordial Mogan Playa has secure surroundings, 24hr professional security patrol and 24hr reception staff.
Food (full board)
Restaurant. Breakfast 7.30am-10.30 am
Lunch in the blue building. 1pm -3.30pm
Dinner - either 6.30 - 7.30pm or 8.30 - 9.30pm.
Breakfast you sit anywhere. There are a wide selection of cheeses, cold meats. pate, breads, crepes, cereals, toasts, jams etc, fruit (apples pears banana kiwi melon pineapple), croissants, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, browns, beans, tomatoes, sausage. Drinks included tea, coffee, hot choc, water, fresh orange, peach, apricot, and champagne :)
Lunch you sit freely again. Breads, salads, tuna, paella, fish fingers, pizza, chicken nuggets, pasta, chips, cheese straws, meat cooked fresh for you, lasagne, beef stew, canary potatoes, desserts, ice cream and plenty other dishes. Your drinks are placed on room tab here.
Dinner. You pick a sitting when you check in and are allocated a table you remain at the entire duration of your stay. You can ask for a specific area where you would like to be seated. Some of the reviews state how the seating was 'canteen' like, all i can say is I wish I’d of attended your school. We had no qualms with it. The men are asked to wear long trousers and EVERYONE in general stuck to this.
The food included. Pastas, meats, sushi, salads, breads, fresh meat and fish, stir fry, spring rolls, veg, chips, tuna, and MANY MANY others that i cannot remember. It is self service and once again your drinks are placed on the room tab.
The only down side to this was ( due to the waiter and the fact we dined here during 'Spanish weekend') the meal can feel some what rushed. The restaurant has a pleasant amount of staff with a distinctive head of house who is very professional (which can be said for all Cordial Mogan staff)
Pool Side; Beautiful, clean and spacious. The sun beds have blue mattresses and you collect fresh towels daily between 9am - 10am. There was one pool near the blue building had a child’s play area and a baby pool so this was more busy with children whereas the pool near the reception area was very quiet. It was a big pool with a shallow area, waterfalls and Jacuzzis area. The reviews state about the sand – grit, in all fairness this area covers less than a quarter of the entire space so basically just don’t sit there if you don’t like it. There is a pool bar but unlike many other hotels we have visited there are no pressures about purchase they happily accept people bring their own drinks from the supermarket (hyper dino literally 2secs across road).
Kids club – even though we obviously didn’t travel with kids we saw the animation room which is more or less like the crèche you’d pay to send your kids back home. The room is decorated with things they have made. On the door of the building is an itinerary for each day, when passing we saw cow boys and Indian days, baking cookies, aqua day, Olympic day, painting, face painting, clowns etc there is an animation team in the bar most nights for the children.
Adults – animation team were friendly and not overly persistent you are invited to play darts, bowls, salsa, Spanish lessons, hotel tour, water polo, yoga, water aerobics and nightly shows (reptile, mamma mia, salsa etc) on at the bar and a live musical act every night.
The complex. To the right of the reception desk are stairs up them is a place you can read or exchange books and internet computer facilities ( the only down side to cordial Mogan is wireless is available but you have to pay per week for it) downstairs is the travel guides for every tour operator your rep details, departure times and local info.
There is a spa, games room, gym, snooker table, ten pin bowling, tennis courts, gift shop and archaeology centre.
General observations; The housekeeping is excellent never had a problem and the little details made me smile daily, they put our towels into kissing swans etc. Staff are well presented and cannot do enough for you seriously!! (And ladies there is an extremely hot guy on reception ;) )
There were a wide range of nationalities and disabilities with the resort which told us it was a good hotel as popularity and accessibility for all people. The fridge in your room opens with a nudge in the right direction ;) and the safety deposit box cost us 23 Euros for two weeks.
The village itself is a small fishing village with scenic streets and a busy harbour. There are many gifts shops with cheap duty free. On a Friday morning at 9am there is a market all I can say is go for the experience, keep your eyes peeled and bartar! There is a spar supermarket which stocks just about everything you need and one of the few places that stocks most English newspapers a hyper dino 9am -9pm across the road which isn’t as well stocked but generally more accessible and more convenient.
Checkout- you have to leave your rooms at 12pm and can leave your luggage in a room next to reception. We weren’t told any of this by reception staff it was word of mouth around the pool. Vacate rooms at 12pm and ask for vouchers for your meals so you can still eat. The courtesy room is open all day for you to use at your disposal. DVD, TV player, sofas, 3 bedrooms and baby cot, showers and fresh towels and toilet facilities.
The hotel is peaceful located beautifully, has a high standard of cliental and leaves no detail missed in making your holiday everything you need and more.
If you want any more info (I wish I worked on commission at this point) feel free to email me email@example.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria