Booked a late holiday through xl with flight included for around half the price of many of the UK operators.
Staff were courteous and helpful. Resort is beautiful, but not for the late night brigade.
Hotel itelf, rooms were slightly old-fashioned, but well-kept and maintained and the rest of the hotel was immaculate. For any gardeners it's paradise. Beautiful surroundings.
Lots of young families there and we swapped our 'first sitting' mealtime to the later one as a result as it became a little overwhelming with the number of youngsters underfoot when you're trying to enjoy your meal, which incidentally, was of a very high standard.
Would highly recommend the general area of Mogan. Found the best tapas I've ever eaten up the road @ Aycamo - overordered and still managed to polish most of it off! Looks nothing from the roadside, but wonderful food.
Tips - hire a car, rather than pay the transfer costs - we got one for the week for the same cost through holiday autos and managed to get round plenty of the island during that time as well as get plenty of sunshine. It also shaved hours of arriving at the hotel not having to wait around for fellow travellers and other drop-offs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelsClick, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria