We stayed here for 12 nights recently with our 3-year-old and absolutely loved it.
weather - perfect. 28c or so. didn't rain at all while we were there. sunny with a nice breeze all day long.
Before we left, we were thinking of renting a car to go sightseeing, etc, but ended up hanging by the pool at the hotel everyday. That's how much we liked it there! Our son enjoyed playing on the man-made beach and in the pool all day. It was easy to keep him in the shade with the parasol while he played in the sand. The sun beds are placed very close together, but we had enough space since it was not high season.
I read the reviews and decided to do half-board which was perfect for us. Breakfast - waffles, pastries, baguettes, cooked to order omelette, fruit were delicious! tea was horrible. glad I brought my own tea bags from home. Dinner - fish and meat grilled right at the counter, chocolate fountain, homemade chocolate ice cream were to die for. We had lunch at the pool side bar a few times. food is not great, but handy. Some days we just got stuff from the supermarket across the street.
Our son loved the kids' disco which was on most nights 8-8:30pm. We didn't use the Mini Club. There is a giant chess set outside and he loved playing with it in the evening when it had cooled down. There are beautiful flowers growing all around the compound.
The mattress was really hard. It maybe suitable for people with back problems, but it's very uncomfortable especially if you're pregnant. The fold away bed for my son was more comfortable. This is the only thing that would keep me from going back to this hotel.
The fridge in the room is left empty so, you can stock up on water, etc from the supermarket. There's no kettle.
From/To the airport - we booked a car with A2Btransfer and it was great. We got a E class Mercedes and had a very comfortable ride to the hotel which was about 45 min.
The staff are very friendly and I also liked the fact that most of the guests were very civilized (except for the family who let their kids pee in the shower by the pool and even do #2).
Puerto de Mogan - there is a pedestrian only street that leads all the way to town. 6-7 min walk with a 3-year-old. We ate lunch at one of the restaurants there and the food was amazingly good and cheap. there aren't many shops there, tho.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort - the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 M2, includes about 10.300 M2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria