SanVa Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Macau
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent one night there and it's totally fine... I was reading the reviews before but it was the cheapest I could find anyway so I still booked there. I had a warm welcome despite no english speaking, the room was cute but really really old style. Maybe a few bugs but it's fine, as a backpacker, I've seen worst! the place is really authentic. And the location is perfect.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank aaaudreyyy
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Don't expect anything more than basic, but we found this place charming. It fits perfectly into the characteristic narrow corridors and rustic history of Macau. The walls are little more than cardboard sheets but you have everything you need. Really well located too - can get to most tourist attractions in a 15 min walk... 20 min walk from Macau tower. Really nice fresh fruit store right underneath- perfect for breakfast juices and smoothies. Good way to soak in the real culture of Macau.

Room Tip: Twin room with window is good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Melimei
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This hotel is recommended as one kind of a hostel in Macau. Finding an affordable (cheap) accommodation in Macau is nearly impossible. That's why I decided to give it a try. They clearly state in their website that the place is a bit rundown. So, I've prepared myself. When I arrived, a 50's man was the receptionist. He only speak very basic English but he's friendly & I could understand what he's saying. So, no hassle with check in and check out. They asked me HKD/MOP100 for deposit which would be returned on my check-out.

I booked the "deluxe" room for HKD220/night. Okay, the room made me speechless. It's worse than I expected. The wall doesn't go up to the ceiling so it is easy to hear your neighbour's conversation. To be fair, the room and the bathroom were both very clean & spotless. However, it still gave me some goosebumps. They provide you a cupboard, sink, cups, chairs & table in the room. But, I did not dare to open the cupboard yet put my luggage there. I simply put my luggage on the chair because the cupboard seemed very old & (maybe) dusty inside.

I stayed only one night here because I was going back to Hong Kong the next day. Despite all of those creepy feelings, I could sleep quite well that night. I think it's more because I have neighbours. I could not imagine if there was no one in the next rooms. Yeah, it's dirt cheap for an accomodation in Macau. But, if you aren't an adventurous person, you're better not staying here.

Room Tip: I think it's better to choose a balcony room. Spend some money to get a sunnier room. It's around HKD360.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Ursula L
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I always stay in hostels, and this was recommended as a kind of hostel in Macau. First problem: It's a very difficult location to find. It took me two hours of wandering through the sweltering Macau heat in the summer with my bags to find. When I did, the lady at the desk was very old and spoke no English, nor did anyone else there, which isn't a problem usually, but they weren't friendly at all. The biggest problem was that there are no walls for your room. Only dividers. My "room", which was quite small and not very clean, was between two other "rooms". Both rooms on the side of me smoked all night, and as I have an allergy, I felt ill the whole time. There's "No Smoking" signs all over, but no one pays attention. And you can't complain, because the people at the desk are either asleep or completely unhelpful. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else. I spent my whole trip tired and miserable because of this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank AsiaTraveler99
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I booked two nights in advance in a 'deluxe' room. The only reason I didn't leave immediately was because it was late at night and I was alone. I left early morning instead. It is all well and good to say that something is 'heritage', but this place was a hell hole. The walls do not go to the ceiling (noisy), the bathroom and showers were disgusting and pieces of the ceiling literally kept on dropping onto me and the floor of my room. The staff member spoke absolutely no English (which isnt necessarily a problem), so was unable to answer even the most simple of queries (ie. what time do I have to check out by). I wouldnt say this place has 'character' as such...it certainly wasn't charming. it depends on what kind of conditions you are willing to put up with. I am not new to roughing it, but this simply wasn't worth the money and was particularly unpleasant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo