“Excellent Service as always...”

Four Seasons Hotel Macau, Cotai Strip
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This our 3rd trip on this hotel, as we stay on with them, I find the Four Seasons, Macau gives us the relaxing atmosphere...the Chinese restaurant dumdum menu is superb!
The staff are always accommodating. I gist hope their standards will not change at the Four Seasons, Macau.

Room Tip: The Premiere Room has a good rate offer for the 3rd night stay..
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Great staff, very prompt and attend to every detail. No need to ask for anything as they have tackled on the everything. The guest room, amazing room with perfect 100% darkening curtains, a comfortable plush bed, and very clean. The bath soaps were quality along with the towels and bath robes, no expensive spared.

The Four Seasons also has a spa, an amazing locker room with relaxing room, Fiji water to enjoy and hot teas, fresh towels and bath robes everywhere, a wide supply of hygiene products, lotions and hair gels to choose from. The locker room further features a steam room, sauna, hot tub, and two unique showers near the hot tub with multiple body jet settings, from mist to tropical rain shower, hot and cold, and body spray jets. Relaxing and impressive.

The pools have private cabanas with TV's. Nice and relaxing, several pools to meet the needs of children and adults.

The lunch buffet is very nice, with great staff, very knowledgable about their products. Considering the buffet is included, I'm impressed, although I would not recommend to pay for it, as it's quite expensive and not worth that much in my opinion. The selection features a nice selection of desserts, and you can ask for some amazing ice cream. Sushi and Sashimi, fresh. A selection of cheeses as well! A unique selection of food, more so incorporating different asian foods, malay, etc. I would like to see more selection on the foods. Overall though, very good.

The stay and play package includes 2 buffets, one night, 2 roundtrip ferry tickets, $300 match play, $250 spa voucher. The package is $2288 + 15%. If it was cheaper, I would come more often, but I definitely feel like it was worth it. Hopefully with the new hotels coming in that Macau prices will be more competitive in the future.

Highly recommended and I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank boothindc2010
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons in August 2011. Our suite was well set up for business with 1 1/2 baths (only one with this in our travels), a good sized dining or work table, a couple of nice formal chairs and a separate desk. If you are here for holiday, then not so good for relaxation. Unfortunately, there is more to a hotel than the furnishings. There were little nigs. The desk pen did not work, and the internet did not work either (Since we were there only one night, we didn't bother to call about it). The room had luxury something akin to a poor copy of the Peninsula, but construction was by old Chinese standards - hard surfaces waiting to stub your toe (use the slippers), low quality materials, and looking outside, construction seemed very poor. I was waiting for a large concrete exterior moulding to fall - it looked like it had sagged several inches exposing a different shade of exterior paint. They did have the best toilet tissue and soaps (L'occitane) of any of the places we stayed in Macao

A hotel can be judged by its personnel, and this one was lacking. Front desk staff made us feel like we were doing them a favor by going here, having a very rude and flippant, while condescending attitude. Apparently there is a problem in communication between non-Chinese speaking management and their Chinese speaking personnel. It appeared that no one was interested in customer satisfaction. Service levels were below norm for the competition.

The hotel restaurant, Belancao, sufferred similarly from poor management, which seemed endemic of the facility. The food at the bugffet (we went for both a breakfast and a dinner) was different from what we are used to in Las Vegas, but quality was typical - slopped together and not too much taste, with a lack of refreshing the serving area. Service was on par with Hometown Buffet in the states which means they apparently try not to bother you (At dinner, the restaurant apparelty was "fully booked" and we could hear the manager telling his staff to NOT try to seat us (didn't know we understood Chinese or didn't care - We called the VIP desk and were seated. An hour later, the restaurant was still empty. If this were in the US I would expect the restaurant to go bankrupt in quick fashion.). While I did not gamble, the third strike was a rumour that the attached casino is tight. Indeed, several of our friends are hesitant to gamble there, preferring competing complexes. To add to the injury, the only bad experience we had shopping in Macau was at Haagen Dazs in the shopping arcade, whose manager also displayed similarly distasteful attitudes.

In short, a nice hotel with problems. Nothing exceptional. I would go elsewhere, particularly since there are some excellent hotels in Cotai. The experience paled in comparison to the Galaxy Complex, and some in our party were very satisfied with the City of Dreams complex which was always very crowded - There must be a reason.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank GoMontaVistaHS
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed in the Four Seasons on the last 2 days of July for Hins Cheung's concert which took place in Venetian. The hotel was linked to Venetian but you must get through the shopping area in Four Seasons and the casino in Venetian. Thus, I'm not sure whether children can go to Venetian indoors. Those who dislike casino (and probably second-hand smoking despite being banned) may not love to go through the convenient short cut.

The transportation provided by the hotel is comfortable and enough for basic needs - transport to both ferry terminals with a comfortable coach. However, compared with other hotels, the Four Seasons still have room for improvement in offering transport to some major hotels and casinos within Macau.

We checked in earlier than 3pm and had to wait for some time. When we checked into the room, we were surprised to find that we were offered a box of chocolates and a letter of apology - seems that the Four Seasons is good at offering such gifts to customers. Seems that the hotel is keen on providing a caring image to customers. The room I stayed in was with a double bed because the twin bed rooms were full. Staff were welcoming and they helped us to turn the sofa into a bed, yet it was not totally a pleasing thing to sleep on it.

At night, the cleaning staff would march into our room to clean up. Making bed, adding ice, etc. Quite funny though to see them do such things when you are actually staying in the room.

Breakfast was not included. Anyway, we went to have morning swim on the next day. Surprised to find some swimming tools such as kickboards and pool noodles. A variety of relaxing pools. Poolside drinks were refreshing too. The staff were nice, though they need more training and better management on the pool: There were a number of private areas with televisions inside. When I saw one unoccupied, I moved to it, but soon found an angry staff member coming in and telling us to move out of it. When I was trying to clarify what was going on, he kept asking me to leave and said rather angrily "Why didn't you ask me before?" I was like, what? Is it something a five-star hotel does to its guests? Anyway, I totally respect their choice and I don't need another letter of apology or any box of chocolates.

After all, such an excellent hotel, but I'd say its services and amenities won't live up to its price, and probably this is my one and only stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SarahYWY
Reviewed 20 August 2011

A fantastic hotel with a very good staff. A must! You want to stay, at least, once in your life.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 18 August 2011

As expected the hotel was even more beautiful than the website showed. We checked in on the day of a typhoon yet the hotel had a strong warmth about it. The room and bathroom was as spacious as it could get , the lagoon pool was awesome and the other pool and whirlpool was commendable as well. We enjoyed a superb couple massage at the spa which was total value for money.the room service was excellent . It's interconnectivity to Venetian and the shoppes at the four seasons was very much a bonus.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I went to Macau at the end of June with my family right after my son’s final exams. We spent two nights at the Four Seasons and then one night at the Banyan Tree. Both were great hotels, and I’ll file separate reviews for them.

There is no doubt that the Four Seasons is one of the best hotel chains in the world. The Four Seasons Macau is also built to perfection, in the typical Four Seasons standard. It forms part of the Venetian Hotel complex, with its own entrance, garden and swimming pools, yet still linked to the giant complex through a passage filled with shops selling luxury branded products.
Our king-bed room was quite big and nicely appointed. We all loved the amenities by l’Occitane in the bathroom, and my son was particularly excited by the TV set on the wall facing the bathtub.

The hotel has five swimming pools set in a garden planted with many tropical trees. However, most of them are very shallow, just about waist-deep, and at least two of them are just for kids. For a swimming enthusiast that’s a slight disappointment.

We had breakfast at the lobby café twice, and were impressed with the food provided. There were many dishes to select from, from Western to Chinese and Japanese, and the quality was just fantastic. We did not have lunch or dinner there and therefore could not comment.

All in all, a great hotel without a doubt.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family