“Good stay for the star value”

Macau Masters Hotel
Ranked #53 of 95 Hotels in Macau
TO
“Good stay for the star value”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

Good location for sights, close to Senado Square + St. Paul. At 2*, it was good value. We stayed in the suite, which is only a little bigger than a normal standard room elsewhere. It was clean. Bathroom was a little small. Bed was a little hard, but sleepable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Makati City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 January 2010

There was no aircondition in this hotel for 3 consecutive nights and will not be repaired until more than a month!!! Yes, it is one of the cheapest, the closest in all places, the bus stop right infront of the hotel BUT with regard to accomodation, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!! A am asking for a refund the first night BUT they dont want to give it to me!!! Instead, they were just going to give you an electric fan. I stayed Jan 20 to Jan 24, 2010. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! This is a WARNING!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Macau hotels

selangor
Reviewed 8 July 2009

My friends and colleague stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. We booked around 4 rooms Those going to Zhuhai have to use the port. The location is next to the port and very convenient. We walk about 10 mins to Senado Square and have our sightseeing at St Paul Ruins, shopping and having meals. We also walk to LIsboa hotel

Worth for money. There was a shuttle bus out the hotel going to Venetian Hotel and its very convenient. Will defintitely recommend to stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed November 2008
Bangkok
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I and my friend's family went to Macau on the long holiday which was May day so most of the hotels were fully occupied. However, I made the booking in advance by contacting with the hotel directly. I can say that the rate on May 1st was nearly double everywhere. I paid MOP850 for double and MOP1000 for triple room however I guess you can get better rate of not more than MOP500 during a normal period.

My double room is quite small but I can understand that in Macau but my friend's tripple room is large and comfortable. The room is clean with the flat screen TV on the wall. The bed is very hard but it's ok for me. Overall I'm fine with this hotel though the first time I saw from the front door is not so impressive as there is some contruction in front.

The hotel is very near to Ponte 16 casino with just 3 minutes walking distance. It took us about 15 minutes walk to Senado Square. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel where you can take a bus directly to Macau Ferry Terminal with just only MOP3.30/person (I can't remember exactly). Also you can take a Venetian shuttle bus in front of the hotel which will make a stop hourly.

Overall this hotel is just ok for me but I better stay at other hotel with greater convenience and more space since I can afford a higher star hotel if in the normal time period.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Lek_LuLu
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 18 November 2008

Even the airport information desk didn't know about this hotel. The room was so small, meaning you can't go from the bed to the bathroom without bumping into furniture. TV is old fashioned. Bathroom is old. But worse is that the bed is so hard, while the pillows are paper thin. When I asked the front desk for extra pillows, he couldn't understand me, but at least he was polite. Location wise, its walking distance from the Largo do Senado, Ruins of St. Paul, you have to pass through narrow streets that are a little dark & scary at night. Don't be tricked by its nice enough website.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Old building smell, hard bed, thin pillows
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)