“Surprisingly good food, excellent service”
Review of La Bonne Heure - CLOSED

La Bonne Heure
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A small, unpretentious restaurant with French food in Macau seemed a bit too good to be true - but actually La Bonne Heure is all that! The decor is pleasant, the service absolutely excellent, the prices a welcome break from all those expensive places in Hong Kong. And the food, just very good! My daughter and I had seabass and salad (sorry for the lack of originality, pretty much every recent reviewer seems to have chosen the same dish), and it was deliciously fresh and light. My husband's pasta was perfectly al dente. A really nice place, which we warmly recommend.

1  Thank Cloudtail10

Reviewed 23 October 2012

The small and a hidden restaurant is located just off the San Ma Lo, Senado Square - Largo Senado. In one of the alleys behind the Mc Donald and beside one of the Cafe. The service provided and the food served were very good, the price was competitive. The Philippino waiter was friendly and good in up-selling. Besides patient and knowledgeable he was not annoyingly intrusive.

The second storey is more for couple, more romantic but a bit too small (the ceiling was too low).

I liked the pan-fried sea bass with white wine butter sauce. This is my recommendation for those who likes fish very much as I do.

3  Thank Mamas78
Reviewed 13 October 2012

With great reviews I insisted to my husband we must go.........how I regret that. He ordered sea bass, it came with mash and 3 pieces of watery, limp veg. Every component was stone cold including the plate. People raved about the bread, I was hoping for crusty French. I got warmed doughy petit pain, the half pre baked ones from a packet. I ordered a salad with goats cheese. It was so horrible it came with what I swear was Camembert not goats cheese and was covered with pesto. The leaves were limp,old and the tomatoes had seen better days, overall it was so salty I left it. The french onion soup was nice but at £5 not that nice. The guy in charge made no effort to ask what was wrong when he enquired if everything was ok and I said no, he did not give a monkeys. Spent a lot of money on a terrible meal. Good job McDonald's was round the corner.

1  Thank zqyaris
Reviewed 9 October 2012 via mobile

Around the corner from Macdonalds is this hidden gem. Good, simple French cooking at affordable prices. The service by a Philipino couple was spot-on. I had the panfried foie gras with marmelade and panfried sea bass with white wine butter sauce. Good, honest French cooking

1  Thank Niel E
Reviewed 19 August 2012

This restaurant is situated just next to Senado Square (a little path next to McDonald).
I visited this restaurant twice in this month and I fell in love with it
The restaurant layout is really unique, unlike any other restaurants in Macau. The ambience is also wonderful. Highly suggested for couple.

The foods are just simply delicious. The foods on the menu are just brilliant.
Duck breast with blueberry sauce is my favourite by far.

The service is also really good. The waiters are really friendly.
The price is not that cheap but it worth every single penny.

To wrap up, I would highly recommend this restaurant if you're looking for casual fine dining French restaurant in Macau.

1  Thank Andre W