“Do not expect too much”

Ranked #86 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Nuremberg, Germany
“Do not expect too much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

It seems like this time we were too much greedy. Yes, the hotel has attractive prices, but…
The building is old and smoked-up throughout. There are even doors between different rooms. They are locked but have a great audibility. Rooms are dark and very small. I said rooms – I do not remember the reason but we had two nights there and spent them in different rooms.
I would say this hotel is suitable to have a sleep after some party or spend a night after a heavy business day. To stay there for a long time could be not a real pleasure.
Macao is not a big city.The Victoria is situated in the north, next to the border with China. Even from this point you can walk to the center of the city. But, this will take you around half an hour. I want to say, that location is not too much suitable as well.
Only the price makes the hotel more or less attractive. It is true. We stayed three days in Macao combining business and tourism – so, we needed a place to sleep, we got it. I don’t regret about The Victoria, but for a luxury casino related vacation I will choose another place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrey_Nara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jinan, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was in visa hell in Macau. All sorts of things had gone wrong. The visa wasn't granted and i couldn't get back into the mainland. One of the people working at this hotel actually said she would go and get my stuff from my other hotel. that particular person was the angel of unknown angels on what turned out to be a four country 82 conecutive days in hotel visa run from hell. But this hotel, which I found while outside getting sucked by a monsoonish tropical strom 8, had this lovely young lady who helped me survive an experience outside the hotel's boundaries. The hotel itself had all helpful people. It was well-kept. You could have shower or bath tub. Their services went far beyond any hotel I have ever been in. Very conveniently located. the same man another reviewer was talking about negatively was nothing but positive. of course, it helps when you treat the staff of a hotel like real people and not servants - which is something too many guests forget. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Don't be fooled the the awesome pictures of this hotel. When we got here, we found that all the rooms smelled like mildew and there were stains on a lot of the walls. The hotel says it has free wi-fi but said it was not working when we stayed.

I would not go here again.

Room Tip: Spend a few more dollars and go stay at a hotel. I'm sure you'll have a better stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Eddie C

Travellers are raving about these Macau hotels

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel had nice big rooms with tv and coffee making facilities. The hotel was very close to the Zhuhai over the chinese bordor. Was less than 10 mins walk. The hotel had many bus's that could take you to the main attactions. The man on reception could speak english but was very rude. My girfriend had dealings with him also and thought the same. Overall a very nice stay

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ENSORS
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

I encountered a very rude guy at the reception doing the check in process for us, not friendly no smile and not even a welcome or thank you gesture. After that we went to our room and there is power failure so we went to the reception and was attended by the same guy, he said will get someone to rectify the cause but I request to have change of room instead, yet he ignore us and guarantee there will be no second failure again and then there it goes again the power failure. So this time I request a change of room or cancel the booking but he ignore us again and no advise was given by him, then he said he was unable to do the cancel and ask me to find my own way. After that I manage my way to cancel and was force to pay the cancellation fee, the guy at the reception never apologize and start to give his ignoring face again and we walk out of the hotel.
So far the worse service I ever met, thanks to the reception guy.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank twoMR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

It was my first time in Macao so it's quite hard to find the hotel.
From the ferry terminal, I came to the hotel by bus and took a walk around 5-6 blocks.
Staff at lobby were not so helpful and friendly.

By the way, Free wi-fi at lobby.

Room Tip: 10 mins. to St'Paul church. For Gamblers, the hotel quite far from Venetian. It charge around H...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed for a night at this hotel. It was a last minute decision to stay there because we didn't make it back to Zhuhai in time. Please note that the customs close at 12 midnight!!

The room is relatively big but it is quite old and run down. For the price we paid I think it is considered spacious... Location is quite ok but very difficult to get a taxi outside the hotel because it is a busy road.

Overall, I think can stay there for 1 night or 2 but it is definitely not a luxurious place..

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family