“Great Tapas ~ Spanish Cuisine”
Review of La Paloma

La Paloma
Ranked #644 of 770 Restaurants in Macau
Price range: US$1 - US$156
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Singapore, Singapore
“Great Tapas ~ Spanish Cuisine”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This place is not very convenient for transport, so you need to get a taxi to go there.
Joshua, the assistant Manager speaks English and was kind enough to teach us to tell Taxi driver in Chinese.
The restaurant is set in old building., when you enter you will walk into a rock tunnel, in old chateau,. The restaurant is located on the 2nd floor.
I had my first Paella in La Paloma... and it was delicious. I also love the tapas.. they have a set for four tapas....My recommendation menus : the croquette, the baby squid, very tender and tasty... (really really good)... and the Patanegra ham. The dessert : the passion fruit cake with ice cream.
Overall, It was a very pleasant experience. Will definitely come back!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AnimaBella

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Malaysia
“Fine and cosy dining”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

In general, the ambience of this Relais et chateaux is something that you should not missed during your Macau trip. The food is more to a high side but it is worth every single cent depending on the occasion. I would say that this a fantastic venue for proposal, special event and even gathering.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank kentkflee
Gambais, France
“Good but nothing outstanding”
Reviewed 15 March 2012 via mobile

In this very old traditionnal Relais et chateaux hotel a restaurant where you access after climbing many many steps with no view but looking high class. Nice cutlery plates and glasses large menu with a lot of Portugese dishes. Portugese cod is very salty but it is supposed to be th local sole is coming in a stew and looses it's interest the sea bass with CEO and asparagus is covered with sauce. In general the se ice is very good and professionally friendly but the lack of view and the not so outstanding dishes is disappointing.

Towcester, Northamptonshire
“Classy Food and Wine but Expensive”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We used to eat here back when it was Os Gatos, but it went downhill and the hotel seems to have changed hands and had an expensive makeover. The night we went the weather was not brilliant so indoors was the only sensible option. The staff were courteous if seemingly rather unsure what to make of myself and my partner and we did appear to be the only westerners here. I suspect that the off the beaten track location may have something to do with it.

We took a long look at the wine list which has some amazing (and amazingly priced) wines on offer and chose carefully (which you will have to do if you want anything at less than $500 HK a bottle - of which there is very little indeed). We did find a very acceptable Portuguese red which was treated with as much care by the sommelier as he might have handled some of the very high end French wines on offer.

The bread served while we decided what to order was delicious, flavoured wite cheese, and studded with tiny cubes of ham, and I could have happily kept on eating that all night, expect it would have meant I would not have got to enjoy the seafood soup which was a beautiful bisque served with a prawn, a mussel and a squid ring as garnish. The flavour was dense and lovely and my only regret was that I couldn't keep on with that in much the same way the bread made me greedy for more. My partner had deep fried aubergines and then we moved on to some serious meat. The “Barbarie” duck with apple, pear and port wine in orange sauce was a rich, dense example of duck with a confit leg and a roast breast and while I would have liked some vegetables with it for the price, I'm pretty certain I couldn't have finished them. My partner had the casserole of pigeon with rice and ceps flavoured with rosemary and almost - only almost - made me wish I'd opted for that instead.

After that we couldn't manage dessert so I regret to say I have no idea how good they were. They certainly looked good when some were taken to another table.

My only real complaint was that afterwards we couldn't get a taxi back to our hotel - or at least not from the hotel, but that is a problem that is increasingly besetting Macau. As a result we ended up walking around 15 minutes along the main road to a part of town where we knew we'd have a chance of grabbing a passing cab.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank smtfhw
Brisbane, Queensland
“Very good restaurant but a little on the expensive side”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This is the place for that special dinner, guys if you want to propose come to La Paloma. Service was charming and wine selection extensive.

Visited November 2011