“If you want to be treated like royalty”

Crown Towers at City of Dreams
Ranked #42 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I was pleasantly surprised that my direct booking includes a pick-up service. Tracy, the butler was waiting with a sign with my name. The driver addressed me with my name and Tracy made sure she put the hand on at the top of the door to ensure that when I get into the brand new 700 BMW, I will not hurt my head. I felt cared for. I was offered a hot wet towel and water. During the short drive to the hotel, Tracy was very helpful with tips on Macao and my stay. The doorman at the hotel greeted me with my name. Wow, I felt like a VIP.
The lobby was quiet in big contrast to the noisy and crowded other hotels in Macau. Like an island of tranquillity a few steps away from the chaos.
Tracy escorted me to the room to finish the registration, explain about the room, the personal designer Nespresso coffee machine and offered to pour from the chilled champaign. I loved the welcome chocolate pralines and the fruits.
She asked if I had dinner and offered to make the reservation for me for dinner. Again, I felt cared for.
The room is spacious, the amenities at the bathroom are branded Bvlgari.
The food was great. The service was very good. Very functional. They smile, they know my name, they know how to give space and when to be helpful. The only thing that I thought that can be improved is where the smile is coming from, the brain or the heart. But to be fair with Crown, I think it is a cultural issue at all of the hotels with the locals and it will transform with time.

The best part of my stay was the visit to the spa. I called too late. All the slots were taken. The customer service lady did not say no, she asked permission to call me again if she can find me alternative in sisters hotels The Hard Rock and Altira. So she did. I did not feel like stepping out of the hotel, so she asked permission to call again until an agreed time if someone cancels and I was lucky. Out of my room on the way to the elevator, the butler of the floor greeted me with my name. It was the first time I saw him. He was ready to escort me to the spa, asking me for my preferences and explained very fast to the reception at the desk what he learnt from me during the short rise down. Unbelievable!
The treatment was the best I had experienced the entire year. The ambiance is luxurious. The therapist Lynn is blessed with a combination of talent and experience. She pointed out the places that were tensed and needed attention and tuned herself to the responses of my humming to pamper more the places that I love. I fell a sleep several times and felt ultimate relaxation. I did not want it to end. When it ended I saw stars. Really - stars. They had decorated the ceiling with shimmering led lights flickering like stars. They pay attention to almost everything. Needless to say that the check-out and sending me to the airport back was smooth.
The bottom line is that if you want to be pampered and be treated like Royalty for a few nights, try the Crown Towers.

Room Tip: * There are a few excellent Dancing Waters show in COD, try to book them before you arrive. I did n...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank avilir

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Although we only spent one night at the hotel, the overall impression was one of comfort and tranquility. Loved the room and view. Early check-in was no problem and the staff are so helpful and gracious.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Surreysaids
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Unlike other hotel properties in Macau, this hotel offers a tranquil serene environment. The moment I stepped into the hotel lobby, I felt like a complete cut off from the whole casino busy atmosphere present in Macau. The room has a modern decor and the fresh flowers and fruits and canapes in the room were of better quality comparing with other hotels in Macau

Overall service was good and the personal butler was very attentive and yet did not give one an impression that they are watching over you.

Breakfast and snacks served at cristal lounge has a wide range of selection and taste good as well.

If you are looking for a place to relax with a bit of fun (gambling and house of dancing waters) , this is a good choice

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilma880
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Great hotel package w/ House of Dancing Waters show--
-no fuss check in & check out
-BIG clean room w/ walk-in closet, big tub for 2, rainfall shower, complete amenities
- view overlooking the Venetian & Cotai strip
- courteous, friendly & helpful hotel employees who know how to anticipate your every need
- free BMW limo service complete w/ cold towels & cold bottle of water to & from Macau airport

All in all, we had a very wonderful stay at Crown Towers!
Already looking forward to stay there again....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pilar V
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We decided to go to Macau for our 5 year anniversary for 2D/3N. We spent the first night at Venetian and the second at Crown Towers.

We booked a "The House of Dancing Water" package with Crown Towers through its website. We paid HK$/MOP2488++.

The package gave us:
~one night in a Premier King [$1888 value]
~two C-Reserve tickets to The House of Dancing Water (we could have chosen HK$500 F&B credit instead, but that is a touch of a rip-off) [HK$960]
~HK$100 Match Play voucher for use in the casino [HK$100]
~two one-way first class tickets ("Cotai First") from Macau to Hong Kong (we could have chosen round-trip limousine service from ferry pier to hotel) [HK$520]
~two tickets to "Dragon's Treasure" [HK$60]
~Kids' City entry discount (which we didn't use)
~20% discount at the Bubble Shop
~Wi-Fi access

We added $250ish to upgrade from C-Reserve to B-Reserve tickets for The House of Dancing Water. After viewing the show, I would splurge on an upgrade to A-Reserve to get a better view.

So we got HK$/MOP3928++ for HK$/MOP2738++. I was very pleased with the price.

Check-in was quick; early check-in request was honored; front desk staff were professional. The only issue with service was with the bellhops. They are almost rabid the moment you appear with the lightest of luggage or even look at the concierge desk. We went to the concierge desk a few times to book dinner and arrange tickets and the bellhops on the way to the counter are far too eager to get a taxi for you. Personally, if I want a taxi, I will approach a person and ask. I don't like it when I'm not walking in someone's direction and they feel the need to step in front of my path and ask me what I want. I understand that they are trying to give a good service, but it is simply over the top.

The room was absolutely gorgeous and put Venetian completely to shame: fantastic view, complimentary Nespresso, four bottles of water, plentiful fresh fruit, walk-in closet, waterfall shower, good-sized square tub with TV and exterior view, and nice amenities. After we came from seeing The House of Dancing Water, the bed had been turned down and there were 12 pieces of delicious fudge with The House of Dancing Water logo on them.

Had room service for breakfast. Delicious and priced okay. Pool was easily accessed, good water temperature.

Checkout was effortless and we left our luggage for a few hours. The one time we did want a taxi to go to the ferry pier, the rabid bellhops had disappeared, but that is not a complaint.

Overall, a wonderful stay at a reasonable price with good food and entertainment. Recommended for couples.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank dietevil
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Overall, staying in the Crown Towers is a very good experience. Even though you are right on top of the action in the City of Dreams and over the road from the Venetian, the inside of the hotel is quite sedate and you are given all the personal service you need.

The hotel is new, so every thing is modern and finished to a high standard. The rooms are large and have good views over the Cotai Strip. They are finished well with personal coffee machines, entertainment systems, etc. including the bathroom. They have a nice pool which was nice a quiet when I stayed there, as opposed to the crowded Hard Rock pool next door.

Location is right on top of the casino so there's no escaping gambling, shops and people but thats why lots of people come here. Overall, a good modern hotel right in the middle of the action.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

A frequent visitor to Macau and we would normally at the Mandarin Oriental.

Tried the Crown for a change. Great rooms, large and really nicely designed but badly let down by the service. English spoken by concierge and front desk staff was generally relatively poor. Concierge in particular was very poor. Ask a question about Chinese food and get shown brochures on Brazilian food, enormous issues with booking ferry tickets and it just went on from there, newspaper deliveries to the room happened once out of 4 days that sort of stuff. In themselves small issues but not acceptable at this level of hotel. Even more strange was a phone call at 9.30 at night to extend the holding charge over my credit card. Normally hotels just do this but no, the Crown wanted to do the right thing and check first. The reason for the call was never explained etc leaving me feeling most unwelcome and as if my credit was in doubt. It wasn't was adequately explained the next day but what 5 star hotel calls its guests with this stuff at 9.30 at night? A very amateurish experience. Business Centre is dreadful by the way but its a hotel on top of a casino even then should have been accessible to guests.

Staff really made an effort to try but just lacked the training and the skills to do the job to a 5 star hotel standard. Don't get me wrong, never rude or unwilling just entirely unable due to skills levels to provide the required and really not very complex service.

Breakfast was again very average but the room lovely. Really, unless you must stay at the City of Dreams for conference or other reasons do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else if you want real 5 star e.g. the Mandarin Oriental. Very disappointing experience.

Please note that I raised these issues with management who acknowledged them all and provided an unasked for complimentary transfer to the ferry terminal when leaving.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business