“City of Dreams Crown Towers”

Crown Towers at City of Dreams
Ranked #39 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Melbourne, Australia
“City of Dreams Crown Towers”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband had one night at the hotel as part pf a package to see the show (Dancing with water), it was our 40th wedding anniversary, so a special treat.
The Hotel is brilliant, the room was gorgeous and we had a view over the airport, we were on the 20th floor, extreme luxury!!!! couldn't fault anything.
The show was absolutely brilliant. A great time for both of us.
The staff are lovely, the breakfast was incredible, words can't describe how spoiled we were by the staff in the dinning room, the food was beautiful.
The views from the dinning room are amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have been stayed at suite for 1 night. The room was cleaned & spacious. Superb room service breakfast. The outdoor pool was not big. It is worth to stay for an weekend relaxation if there is discount rate at room cost.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Macau is certainly a bizarre mix of the old and new, an extreme juxtaposition. Only a 15 min cab ride into the old town, 5 min to Taipei and 10 min to Coloane, Crown Tower is positioned in the heart of the coati strip.
The rooms are very spacious, comparable with room sizes in Vegas.
The hotel has an understated elegance with a stunning foyer. The bath is huge, easily room for 2 and we had views over the strip, nice at night.
The breakfast on the top floor was enjoyable with attentive service and again great views.
I had a pedicure, and again the experience was lovely.
Was windy around the pool when we were there but the atmosphere was restful with a large outdoor spa. My husband tried the sauna which he said was great and he had the sauna to himself. We enjoyed the House of the Dancing Waters show and it's a quick walk to the theatre from the hotel.

Room Tip: One with a view of strip not airport
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Fun, nice bar, Comfy, Luxury, reasonable price, free transport to everywhere in Macau. Booked the Premier room but got upgraded to the Deluxe Suite which was awesome!!!

The Front Desk Staff were very kind and always willing to help

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I spent 1 night with my girl and my parents at this hotel in late August for my birthday.
Before staying I had high expectations in this hotel but it turned out to be rather unpleasant experience.

to be honest, the hotel itself is very nice.
The second you stepped into the lobby it stunned me with the elegant design and layout.
Check in is okay, while staff is very nice and kind.
I booked 2 Premier King bed rooms and I had 1 room at 15th floor and 1 room at 21st floor.
The room is nicely designed, decorated and I had a stunning view over the Cotai strip.
Its over 2K HKD per night but I gotta say its worth every dollar.

I also visited the pool in the afternoon and the gym in the next day morning.
Both facilities is awesome with deep impression.
For example free drinks by the pool and iced Pokari sweat at the gym.
I also asked the Concierge if there are any buffet near COD and he told me there are no buffet in COD but he will check and get back to me.
After 10 mins, he checked and gave me all the details I wish to know and I gotta say its very nice. Feels like VIP.
I even got a free cake with "happy b-day Mr. Wan" on it.

So far, every part is nothing but perfection but it took a steep dive when I checked out.
In the next day morning my father asked me did I used the coffee machine in room, and I was like what? Because there are NO coffee machine in my room. along with a iPhone docking.

So I asked the front desk staff why the set up is different when I was checking out.
At first I got the reply is "The set up will be different depending on floors."
To me this is simply unacceptable, so it means if you got lucky you get a cup of joe.
And my luck just ran out when I was checking-in.
Anyway I know arguing with the front desk staff is totally meaningless so I asked the contact of the manager. By that time I suspect the front desk staff knew they screwed up and tried to cover it up.
By the time my father checked out, the front desk tell him a second reason is "The room at 21st floor got an upgrade. So the set up is different."
OMG, are you even being serious? I stayed at room 1589 and my father stayed at 2187.
The rooms is basically next to each other, the layout, the view and everything is identical. Except for the coffee machine and iPhone docking of course.
So is it my father is staying at room type "Premier King with coffee" and I am staying at room type "Premier King"?
I felt being treated like an idiot and I felt extremely offended.
The coffee machine is not the important at all. All I wanted was the truth and an apology.
But instead I was treated like an idiot.
The management really need to fix this and start to educate the staff, it is the attitude and heart that matters.

Anyway, if you want to be treated like an idiot, feel free to stay at the crown towers.

Room Tip: Higher floors = better.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank JustinW797
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Recently stayed at Crown Towers at COD and the service I received from all the staff was superb. All staff were attentive , professional and were trained to anticipate my needs. Highly recommended if its with in your budget

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2013

You will not be disappointed staying at this amazing hotel, My wife booked a premier king room at the hotel on line without fuss, and everything that was promised was given.We check in with the assistance of Vicki a young lady that is so dedicated and passionate about her career she could not do enough for us going well beyond what any traveller would expect for example, Vicky arranged and escort to take my wife and I to our room who then intern took the time to show us how every thing in the room worked from the safe, TV, lights TV in the bathroom to the electric curtains. After coming to terms and settling down in this amazing room we headed down stairs were Vicky had arranged VIP tickets for us to see The House of Dancing water show. This is a show to see whist in Macau it is captivating, amazing, exhilarating you just can not take your eyes off the performance.
To sum up our stay at the Crown, Just amazing, Great show, good variety of restaurants,easy underground air conditioned access to the Venetian and shops, Amazing professional staff, fantastic neat,clean room with an amazing view over to the Venetian hotel

Room Tip: We had an amazing room with a view over to the Venetian on level 33
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple