“awesome hotel”

Crown Towers at City of Dreams
Ranked #41 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 21 December 2013

So far this is my most favourite hotel stays in macau. The location is 5mins drive from airport, quite accessible to other casinos & shopping area (COD, sands cotai central, venetian & four seasons) in cotai strip. Spacious room with walk-in wardrobe, huge bathtub jacuzzi (can accomodate 4 adults) & comfort bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We went here basically because of the shows, little did we know that the house of the dancing water were only showing on certain days, not the days we were there, so we were slightly disappointed in this. We watched the Dragons Treasure show, this was visually great. They had a Vaquarium where you could see mermaids, that were great. The Hard Rock Hotel was also here, but it wasn’t very appealing. Well worth a visit but make sure you go when the house of the dancing water is on, it sounds amazing but is not on every day.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband had one night at the hotel as part pf a package to see the show (Dancing with water), it was our 40th wedding anniversary, so a special treat.
The Hotel is brilliant, the room was gorgeous and we had a view over the airport, we were on the 20th floor, extreme luxury!!!! couldn't fault anything.
The show was absolutely brilliant. A great time for both of us.
The staff are lovely, the breakfast was incredible, words can't describe how spoiled we were by the staff in the dinning room, the food was beautiful.
The views from the dinning room are amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We have been stayed at suite for 1 night. The room was cleaned & spacious. Superb room service breakfast. The outdoor pool was not big. It is worth to stay for an weekend relaxation if there is discount rate at room cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Macau is certainly a bizarre mix of the old and new, an extreme juxtaposition. Only a 15 min cab ride into the old town, 5 min to Taipei and 10 min to Coloane, Crown Tower is positioned in the heart of the coati strip.
The rooms are very spacious, comparable with room sizes in Vegas.
The hotel has an understated elegance with a stunning foyer. The bath is huge, easily room for 2 and we had views over the strip, nice at night.
The breakfast on the top floor was enjoyable with attentive service and again great views.
I had a pedicure, and again the experience was lovely.
Was windy around the pool when we were there but the atmosphere was restful with a large outdoor spa. My husband tried the sauna which he said was great and he had the sauna to himself. We enjoyed the House of the Dancing Waters show and it's a quick walk to the theatre from the hotel.

Room Tip: One with a view of strip not airport
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Fun, nice bar, Comfy, Luxury, reasonable price, free transport to everywhere in Macau. Booked the Premier room but got upgraded to the Deluxe Suite which was awesome!!!

The Front Desk Staff were very kind and always willing to help

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I spent 1 night with my girl and my parents at this hotel in late August for my birthday.
Before staying I had high expectations in this hotel but it turned out to be rather unpleasant experience.

to be honest, the hotel itself is very nice.
The second you stepped into the lobby it stunned me with the elegant design and layout.
Check in is okay, while staff is very nice and kind.
I booked 2 Premier King bed rooms and I had 1 room at 15th floor and 1 room at 21st floor.
The room is nicely designed, decorated and I had a stunning view over the Cotai strip.
Its over 2K HKD per night but I gotta say its worth every dollar.

I also visited the pool in the afternoon and the gym in the next day morning.
Both facilities is awesome with deep impression.
For example free drinks by the pool and iced Pokari sweat at the gym.
I also asked the Concierge if there are any buffet near COD and he told me there are no buffet in COD but he will check and get back to me.
After 10 mins, he checked and gave me all the details I wish to know and I gotta say its very nice. Feels like VIP.
I even got a free cake with "happy b-day Mr. Wan" on it.

So far, every part is nothing but perfection but it took a steep dive when I checked out.
In the next day morning my father asked me did I used the coffee machine in room, and I was like what? Because there are NO coffee machine in my room. along with a iPhone docking.

So I asked the front desk staff why the set up is different when I was checking out.
At first I got the reply is "The set up will be different depending on floors."
To me this is simply unacceptable, so it means if you got lucky you get a cup of joe.
And my luck just ran out when I was checking-in.
Anyway I know arguing with the front desk staff is totally meaningless so I asked the contact of the manager. By that time I suspect the front desk staff knew they screwed up and tried to cover it up.
By the time my father checked out, the front desk tell him a second reason is "The room at 21st floor got an upgrade. So the set up is different."
OMG, are you even being serious? I stayed at room 1589 and my father stayed at 2187.
The rooms is basically next to each other, the layout, the view and everything is identical. Except for the coffee machine and iPhone docking of course.
So is it my father is staying at room type "Premier King with coffee" and I am staying at room type "Premier King"?
I felt being treated like an idiot and I felt extremely offended.
The coffee machine is not the important at all. All I wanted was the truth and an apology.
But instead I was treated like an idiot.
The management really need to fix this and start to educate the staff, it is the attitude and heart that matters.

Anyway, if you want to be treated like an idiot, feel free to stay at the crown towers.

Room Tip: Higher floors = better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family