“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Arc Hotel Macau

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
L'Arc Hotel Macau
Ranked #63 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Timisoara, Rumänien
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This magnificent hotel L'arc New World hotel is situated in the heart of Macau, in front of the hotel is the MGM and the Wynn casino. The rooms are very big and the view is fantastic. The service of the hotel is great and the personal is very friendly. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sane_sanela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

Even though this hotel is much smaller than some others, like the Venetian, it is stunning and the rooms are nicer.
We stayed in an executive deluxe room for two nights. The room was the nicest we have stayed in. Even though the room looks similar to the ordinary rooms I think it may be larger. Everything looked new and the layout is excellant.
The location is very good being in Macau Island and right next to the Wynn. The casino is nothing special and better casinos can be found close by. The views are not the greatest but were still good.
Our room provided us with a few extra benefits like the club lounge access. The staff in the lounge are generally invisible but are ready to help if you have a question. There is virtually no table service, it is help yourself and the staff rarely come along to clear your plates or glasses and usually only do this when you leave.
The food provided is of excellant quality and was enjoyable. We had breakfast in their cafe and it ranks quite highly with a good choice available and also good quality. It was great to be able to order freshly cooked omeletes, noodles and even waffles. The staff here were very attentive.
Another benefit from our room type was having a free minibar but this is where the hotel really let us down. I called on the second day in the morning to advise our fridge was not working and nothing was done, I called again later that day and still nothing was done. I advised the lady in the club lounge the next day when we checked out and she thought this was not good and would email me about it after looking into it but she still has not got back to me. It is not difficult to replace a small fridge and it meant that we could not drink our free cans of drink as they were warm as was our water. For a five star hotel this is a pretty sad state of affairs as having cool drinks on hand is important. If they can't manage to fix these problems then I am thankful that this was our only major problem. This is an expensive hotel to stay in and it is really quite bad that our fridge didn't work.
The pool was a let down.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PegususPerth
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

From the moment we arrived at the doors of the hotel, the doormen were friendly and welcoming. The gentleman at the front desk was quick to check us into our rooms. When only one of the two rooms were ready upon our arrival, he was extremely apologetic and promised that he would personally deliver the second room's keys when ready. Turns out that the second room was ready 15 minutes later, so it was not really a big deal. But his professionalism was served as a great start to the rest of our weekend stay.

The room was extremely clean, roomy and elegantly decorated. It definitely seemed as though the owners spared no expense when it came to finishing touches. The beds and linens were plush and comfortable. One of the best nights sleep that I have ever had!

We also had dimsum at the restaurant on site and again, my family and I were wowed by the high quality of food and service.

I have stayed at many of the hotels in Macau and I can definitely say that L'Arc is my hotel of choice. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mym1
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

This is my 2nd time stay in this hotel, good location where is next to MGM, Wynn and Star World.
This time I have traveled with total 5 members of my family, so we need to book a suite with two separated room. The hotel is very new and it just open less then 6 months, so everything item & stuff are very clear & neat. Maybe this hotel is too new, therefore it is the problem,

(1) we found all 3 DVD player not function, it took 1 hour to get it fixed.
(2) because wireless internet is very weak in Master room, so I requested a LAN connection to my laptop, but the LAN port in wall doesn't work! Checked with engineer, he said they need to few days to get it repaired......
(3) Power outlet, it is very very very danger I've never ever seem in the hotel I lived before, the electric wall-plate was not yet assembled well on wall. If you put your hand and touched the wall, I might got RALLY electric shock.
(4) Both massaging tub does not work, the engineer took a hour but still not able to fix it.

The engineer visited me 5 times in a day, he said the hardware product is very good and all are famous brand, but the worker who setup those facility, has never & ever come for checking whether it is working fine or not.......

Well, I do not think I would stay here in next time, unless they can offer me a special deal.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Eddie O
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

Had a three day stay here in Feb and enjoyed greatly.
The rooms were beautiful and beds super comfortable.
Bathroom was large and luxurious and could not fault.
Only minor things were getting the remote to work; they must have had the remote made especially for the Hotel and branded however getting it to work was a different story. Didn't get much hot water from the basin on day two so shaving was an effort and unfortunately a iron and board don't come standard (however delivered on request).
Had breakfast each morning on Level 4 and this was great.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay and the staff were great.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Aussie8888
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

Was here for the Macau GP and decided to try a new luxurious hotel. L'arc prides itself as the new kid on the block with a 5-star service.

As of this review, they are offering free internet ( wifi + hard wired for every room) and free breakfast. The breakfast has an assortment of Chinese and Western dishes served at the Coffee Shop. Not too shabby really.

We booked the deluxe room and it was really spacious. Bottled water supplied everyday, though room cleaning is not done unless you request it, which is ok for us.

There is the Full House cafeteria located on the 2nd floor and shares the same floor as the casino. Again as of this writing, they have a special $18 MOP per dish, equivalent to about U$2.33. Dishes include rice, noodles or congee.

We like this place very much except that we find the language a bit difficult to grasp at times. We are fluent in only English and Mandarin, yet even with Mandarin, things get little challenging at times. While the front desk was really helpful and almost everyone who work at the front desk speaks both good English and Mandarin, the rest of the hotel staff are only fluent in Cantonese.

The other minor complain I have is the casino security staff (dressed with a blue jacket). Maybe it's a cultural or part of the security training thing, but one thing they do really well is stare at you whenever you step into the casino grounds. Yes, I do mean stare and quite a hostile one at there. It's as if I have stolen something or done something wrong. I didn't like it at all. I thought maybe it's really the training thing, but when we visited Wynn or MGM, we didn't get that feeling.

Being stared at is a very uneasy thing for us and from where I come from is considered very rude. But then again, this is Macau not Los Angeles.

Also walking distance to St Paul Ruins, Senado Square and Fisherman Wharf is feasible.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple