“great location”

Ranked #5 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Cary, North Carolina
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

we stayed in this hotel in Oct 2013, a suite unit is very spacious and everything is brand new. Shower is the best I ever experienced among all hotel I have stayed, conveniently located near other big casinos, delicious food as well.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Leipzig
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

Booking via hyatt.com

Location: close to Macau Taipa Ferry terminal and airport. Overall location is not an issue in Macau.
I arrived at Taipa Ferry Terminal by ferry from HK, then went by free bus shuttle to the hotel (City of Dreams).

Rooms: Fantastic room, nice style. Clean, good sleep.

Grand club: Definitively one of the high lights in this hotel. High recognition factor. Very good food. Outstanding service. Helpful, lots of hints - also for travelling.

Overall: Good value, all fine. One of the hotels I'm always happy to come back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TMG001
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed there for two nights, the hotel itself is fab, clean, modern and good sized rooms, however, 99% of the staff we mat are not up to standard. We booked two rooms at the club tower, the staff at the lobby didn't ask us to go up to the 37th floor for check in, instead we waited in the line and was told the rooms were not ready, it was 3 pm at that time.
Second, 95% of the staff greet us in Mandarin. Yes we are Chinese, but do you think some people might get offence? I don't want to be rude but honestly, i am from HONG KONG, not China! We are 100% not the same, please don't put us under the same type!
Thirdly, we dine at the lobby cafe on the second night, we ordered some set dinner and ask the staff what was the soup of the day, the answer I got was we have Western style soup and Chinese style soup, when I asked what soup the serve, the staff told me I DON'T KNOW, I need to go ask the kitchen! Are you sure? A cafe staff doesn't know what soup they serve for the day?
I am very sure we won't go back next time

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank corinneto
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and had a nice time. It is a casino-less part of city of dreams. The room was clean and modern. However, our room service never was delivered and we were charged TWICE! They also messed up our bills, such as charging us for parking (we took a bus from the ferry terminal) and other odd things. While they finally fixed this after calling Hyatt corporate, the staff treated us like we were looking for freebies.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bostontraveler122
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is the best Hyatt I have ever stayed (as a Diamond, I have stayed across all the Hyatt brands and all over the world).

Macau is very well connected with free shuttles provide by the hotels. You can get the free shuttle (purple bus) from the Ferry to the Hyatt (also know as City of Dream) so no need to stress about getting to the hotel and back to Ferry/Airport.

Prior to arrival, I had the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong contacted the Macau Hyatt regarding my preference for a higher floor, non-smoking and early checkin. Upon arrival all request was met and much more, they upgraded me to the corner suite on the 30th floor with the most amazing view of Macau, you can fully see the Venetian hotel, ocean, and airport. It was a 280 degree view of Macau.

This property is new - only 3 years old. There are two towers - so obviously new, big and grand. Thus, no need to rave about that aspect.

However, I cannot rave enough about the staffs and services received from this hotel.
The customer service is just unbeatable!!! The moment I walked into the Grand Club, everyone knew my name (typically of the Hyatt's standard), but there was something extra extraordinary about this Hyatt. They take guest services to a whole new level.

The staffs from the Concierge, to Grand Club to the Spa were absolutely the best.

For example, when I pulled out my iPhone and the staff noticed it was out of battery, they offered to charge for me, talking about attention to details.

The Spa is very clean and modern (I enjoyed the steam sauna 3 times).
Didn’t their whirlpool, however it was really small, probably only fit 3 people max - but it is really cute – so cant complaint.

One thing is that I wish they would have a make your own tea-section for guests – although they do offer tea if you ask, but I like the tranquility of being able to make a cup of tea for to myself.

I used their massage service (some kind of deep tissue massage – where they worked on the pressure points) to relieve my neck and back muscles from jet lag and the massager is one of the best. My body felt amazing afterward and really stayed that way for the next couple of days. The price is also very affordable. So if you a spa person- this is definitely the place to try. The staff is amazing - I changed my appointment 10 times in 5 hours and they really worked with me.

Food in the Club Lounge was good, not a whole lot of variety, but everything are well made and very fresh. I like that they used premium loose tea and I particularly liked the fresh juices they put in the bottles, which I can easily grab and is available throughout the day (not just during breakfast or cocktail like at most other lounges).

Overall, this is absolutely the best Hyatt I ever stayed. Prior to arrival, I thought it was just a standard Hyatt hotel since I didn't hear much about it from other Hyatt members (unlike the Park Hyatt Vendome, Park Tokyo, Grand Hyatt HK, etc)….but this hotel amazed me…even to the last minute as I stepped on to shuttle to the Ferry to return to Hong Kong. The concierge (Joyce is her name) carried all our stored bags for us and even offered to take us all way to shuttle stop - we were both very impressed with the impeccable services – WOW.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing the Venetian, suit corner rooms are the best.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CloverIsSweet
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Booked: Grand Club Suite
Checkin: VIP check in area on the top floor for club guests. Room was not ready at the time but was offered breakfast at the club lounge while we waited for 30mins until our room was ready. Club service checkin was impeccable.
Room: Impressive large room with sitting/ lounge area. King bed. Large bathroom with rain shower. 10 out of 10.
Service: We felt we were being treated better than others
Restaurants: Tried and enjoyed all its restaurants and cafes at the hotel. Though the Chinese restaurant had more of a western touch.
Pool: Huge pool and has potential to have a good pool scene. Sadly, the pool seemed sad and out of place. Not much of an atmosphere. At the time of my stay, they were doing some construction work at the pool and erecting palm trees on a Sunday.
Spa: The couples' spa room was small and disappointing. Masseuses technique were below average.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jcjchung
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights before heading off Hong Kong. As it is my first time in Macau, I chose Grand Hyatt because of its international brand name - and I do not regret my choice.

We stayed in the Grand Executive suite and paid around USD400 per night. The room is huge (~700sqf) with a view of the Hard Rock hotel and Venetian. We like how they will replace the mineral water and replenish the Nespresso coffee capsules everytime we came back to the room.

As it is a suite, I guess everyone who is used to staying in a suite will probably know the features and facilities. However, the service staffs are meticulous indeed.

I will definitely choose this hotel the next time I am here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family