Banyan Tree Macau
US$716
Mandarin Oriental
US$394
Travelocity
Hotel Lisboa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$498
US$433
Priceline
1,271 results
All reviewsrelaxation poolsky villawooden bathtubpool villagalaxy complexwave poolsmall poolliving roomcoffee machineother hotelscakehotel roommemorable stayturn down servicefront officebuffet breakfastfree upgrade
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Taiwan
Reviewed 7 July 2011

the room design include comfortable and functional. we have a good sleep and rest after enjoy the hotel facilities and travel at Macau's scenes.
and the service of hotel is very goood that satificiate our all needs.

• Stayed: July 2011
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the team at Banyan Tree Macau, we wish to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. Your gracious comments will surely motivate the team to continue striving to provide the best service levels to our guests.

It is with pleasure to read that you were most impressed with the room design and most importantly of all that you enjoyed a good rest.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Macau in the near future.

Joseph

Reviewed 5 July 2011

Was at Banyan Tree Macau over the weekend and as I've heard that check intook a while, we came super early and to my surprise, the line wasn't as bad as I envisioned. We marked our name down and went to lunch and by the time we are back, everything was ready for us. The rooms are huge and there are certainly someissues much like any new hotel such not the usual high level of service you would expect from Banyan hotel but overall the experience wasn't bad. Too bad we didn't get to check out the pool though!

Room Tip: register first, hv lunch and return to chk in
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Read almost all the reviews here about this hotel, about half of them did not give a good one. Honestly speaking, I do not agree with those negative comments. With the same price in Hong Kong, I can only see rooms that are even more shabby and services that are even poor.

I had my check-in inside my room and the staff is very nice and polite. The room is huge (bigger than normal home and hotels in Hong Kong). There are numerous areas for you to swim, either in the Skywave pool or the pool on the 31st floor. Towels and waters are free which show how considerate the hotel is. Whenever I called the hotel service hotline, they responded with politeness. The staff tried their very best to meet the expectations of hotel guests. For the breakfast, they are nice with a variety of high quality food. Of course, if you are looking for choices and not quality, you might be disappointed. Well.. I am more on quality and not quantity. I am sure the hotel takes guests' responses seriously becos they get another counter on the second room for check-out so as to speed up the check-out time.

Well... with that amount of money and you can get such type of services.... what can you ask for?

Don't expect you paid MOP2K to 3K per nite and you can be the royal family, please.....

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ana526
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Agree with most of the other reviews, the hardware is excellent, room is exceptionally big with very good equipment, breakfast is okay, however it completely disappoints me by its poor service.

It took me 45mins to queue up for check-in, when I approached the desk it was already 2:15pm, still the front desk said that there is no room available yet. I understood that the official check-in time is 3pm, however I have never came across anything like this.. I mean I have to come back for my room. I came back at 3:15pm, and there were numerous people waiting to get their room key, so there was another 15 mins waiting time. The worst is there is no line setup for those so called "early check-in people", you really have to fight your way to just get your room. It is also such a disgrace
to receive 2 complimentary drinks for such a treatment.

Even if the front desk said that they will bring my stored bags (due to the early check-in) to my room, I never saw them. I have to make 2 inquires before I finally got my bags, however one of the bags are someone else bag.

The cleanliness in my room also shows how untrained the staff are, there are many smudge on the mirror of my room's entrance and the water in the relaxation pool is very dirty.

I can only say avoid this hotel if you don't want it to ruin your weekend. Given the hassles, I think it's still too expensive even if it's buy one get one free. There are better choices in Macao.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Musesilvergirl
BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Dear musesilvergirl

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced, this is not as to our expectation. Your comments in relation to luggage delivery and room cleanliness have been shared with the respective teams; highlighting to them the importance of attention to details for all aspects of the operation.

To address your concern on check in, the hotel check-in time is from 15:00pm. We do try to accommodate any guests who do arrive earlier, although during a weekend it is a challenge as the hotel does run at high occupancies leaving us with little flexibility. The average stay in Macau is one night; therefore we have high volume checking out from 12 noon onwards followed by heavy arrivals from 15:00pm. We have experienced some challenges, however, as we begin to settle into the property, processes are improving and our associates are becoming more experienced.

Once again, on behalf of the team at Banyan Tree Macau, please accept our apologies for this below par experience. I do hope that you will return and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and show a true Banyan Tree experience.

Joseph

Reviewed 21 June 2011

My family and I spent the weekend here and totally enjoyed the experience. Yes, there are problems but we overlooked them as teething problems and believe that they will resolve themselves. I give hotel an A+ for its free of cigarette smell environment. While waiting ofr my ride to pick my family up, I noticed a group of Chinese mainlanders smoking in the lobby and told one of the staffs, he quickly approached the group and stopped the smoking. Some other hotels (like the Venetians) will not dare to stop guests from smoking in the name of business necessity. This is what I call courage and I will keep coming abck just for that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Felix K
BTGroup, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear FelixtheDude

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your view on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Banyan Tree Macau.

On behalf of the team, thank you for your gracious comments on the property and sharing your experience. Without doubt, we have endured some opening challenges, however, as we settle into the property and the team become more confident, overall service levels and quality of facility will rise.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you again to Banyan Tree Macau, and hope you don’t leave it too long until your next visit.