“perfect place to relax”
Review of Banyan Tree Macau

Banyan Tree Macau
Ranked #5 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Everything about this hotel is first class. I found everyone we came in contact are friendly and helpful specially Miguel in check-in front desk. He was very accomodating and assist us to all our needs. we were upgraded to spa suite room. huge room with private pool and jacuzzi, everything is in good condition, comfortable bed and clean. Service at the spa was excellent. ideal place to stay if you want to just relax. you will never regret. we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 May 2012

To celebrate my husband birthday, we chose to stay in Banyan Tree Macau which gave us a great and very remarkable stay. We stayed in the Grand Cotai Suite, the most we like is the interior design and decoration of the suite especially the pool ~ It gave us a romantic and exotic resort feeling! Surprisingly, We were also served with welcome fruit and the birthday cake for my husband. It's really appreciated!
We enjoyed the afternoon that we stay in the Grand Resort Deck very much as well. This is the most outstanding amenity among the hotel in macau which attracted me to choose Banyan Tree Macau.
For the location, there is frequent shuttle bus service around the Resort. We can go back to Macau and check out the others landmark very convenient.
We would highly recommend our family and friends to stay in Banyan Tree Macau in the future. To enjoy the resort feeling in the hotel and gambling in the casino and the delicious food in Macau. We hope to experience the spa next time.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

This was an incentive trip from the company I worked for. We reserved a total of 30 rooms in Banyan Tree for a weekend. Check-in time was agreed at 3:00 p.m. but at the end, at least 5 rooms got checked-in after 3:30 and one room after 5 pm! Very poor check-in arrangement even though we booked it well in advance with name list provided.

Breakfast service again very disappointing! Their breakfast area capacity is so small that when some of the guest arrive for breakfast at 10:00, they have to wait for a table and some waited for almost 30 mins! Never heard of such poor management.

Hotel itself was ok, rooms are huge, amenities are excellent. The bed and pillows are very very comfortable. The pool-side service is top-notch, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
BTGroup, General Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you and members of your group experienced. We are aware of the shortfalls you have rightly raised following the stay of your group and will make some changes in order to avoid any such reoccurrence for future incentive groups.

Weekends are peak days in Macau, with the hotel running very high occupancy, we experience heavy departure at 12 noon, followed by a equally high volume of arrivals from 3pm, where we do our utmost to have rooms ready within a reasonable timeframe and have additional resources to speed up the process. Without excuse, improvements will be made, particularly where we have groups arriving on the weekend.

On the positive side, it was pleasing to read that you did enjoy your suite and were able to relax and enjoy the hotel facilities.

We do hope this does not mar your impression of Banyan Tree and that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back once more.

Yours sincerely

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager

Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed on a Thu night, booked 14 days ahead, paying HKD2.3K for the night.

We did 1 night previously at Galaxy Hotel before treating ourselves at Banyan Tree (when we moved the twin beds together, I found a condom wrapper, which proved previous guests were safe at least, and to be fair, I don't expect Housekeeping to move the beds when cleaning).

Checked out of Galaxy at 1pm, and hoped that Banyan Tree might allow us to check in earlier than 3pm so we could go direct from one room to another, but no such luck, and although check-in staff were courteous enough, it would have been a nice gesture if they could have give us the room earlier. Left our luggage at hotel, and had lunch somewhere until 3pm.

Requested a room away from the lifts (can't stand all the noise from other guests coming n going from the lifts), so very surprised when they gave us a room bang next to the lift lobby. Perhaps a language mix-up? The room was a pool view which was lovely, but the in-room pool was the shorter length (only extends to partition between living area n bedroom), but as I read previously on Trip Advisor, they have short pools and longer pools which reach from one side to the other, and almost double length. I asked the hotel staff showing us the room that I wanted the longer 4'X13' pool as advertised on website n away from lifts. 10mins later, she came back n changed us to room 2811 which doesn't have the pool view, but DID have the longer pool I was expecting. Glad to get what I had anticipated, but somewhat disappointed as I felt hotel was trying to fob us off with an inferior room.
Anyway, room pool is awesome! Heated, so nice n warm, and it was like having a MASSIVE bath with the family! Bathroom is lush, as I love rain showers, wooden bath tub is great, especially with bubble bath! Japanese Intelligent toilets were hilarious, as I've never had water squirted "down there" before! Facilities were great, and an awesome feeling of luxury when on the bed (good for backflips!)
Downsides? State of the art Expresso machine advertised on website was just a French press plunger coffee jug, as I was expecting something like a Nespresso that other hotels offer in the room, couldn't find the iPod dock n couldn't be bothered to call downstairs about it. Breakfast buffet was til 11:30am in the Guest Services book in the room, but only til 11am when I checked- had a look around. Festiva had wider choice, so didn't bother with Saffron.
I'd still stay again though! Fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

On behalf of the team, please accept our apologies for those shortfalls you have experienced, we shall certainly be reviewing the room cleaning procedure, particularly with the Twin Beds, to ensure there are no surprises underneath.

We do try our utmost to room guests no matter the time they arrive, unfortunately this is subject to the occupancy the hotel is running, whereby those days of high occupancy, it is challenging due to many guests checking out at 12 noon, and the time required to turn around the expansive suites.

Certainly we need to improve on our team members listening skills in order to provide the guest with what they request, this will become a training topic. In regard to the pool size, we do not set out to deceive our guests, there are a number of suites where the configuration of the room is slightly different, the room size is very much the same, however the Relaxation Pool either runs through the living room and bedroom, or is located in the living area only, we do have guests who prefer the Relaxation Pool in the living room, however it is down to personal preference.

The in-suite amenities are being revised due some technical issues, as will the refreshing of in-room collateral to reflect changes in operating times.

We are pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay, and do look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Macau in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was the best hotel I have ever stayed in without a shadow of a doubt (and I like my nice hotels!). The service was perfect - the staff react before you even utter a word, are unbelievably friendly and speak extremely good english. I couldn't fault them.

The rooms are amazing, extremely well finished and clean in every nook and cranny.

We stayed in a very nice suite on the 23rd floor which had a veiw of the wave pool. It is apparently the better view of the two so go for that if you can. There is a lot of construction work going on so it isn't the most amazing view you've ever seen but that doesn't really matter at all. I'm sure it will change constantly too as more obscure and flashy buildings go up!

I am not going to tell you about the room itself as that was half the fun, exploring and discovering all its amazing gadgets and perks. I can safely say though that the quality is amazing and will not disappoint!

The casino (galaxy) is located in the other annex of the site. It has so many bacarat tables that I would advise learning how to play otherwise you are limited to slots or 1 table of crapps (100 HKD/MOP minimum buy in).

If you are coming from or going to Hong Kong use HKD rather than MOP (for taxis, food and casinos) as you can use HKD in both macau and Hong Kong but MOP are restricted to Macau only. There is a very small difference in exchange rate (favouring MOP) but it is so minimal I wouldn't bother getting MOP.

If coming from the ferry terminal, get the free Galaxy shuttle bus (Banyan Tree is part of the Galaxy complex).

Anyway, those are just the mere highlights, I will leave you to discover the rest of the amazing things that this hotel has to offer - including Japanese loos with heated seats!

This experience in the UK would have cost thousands of pounds. For a special getaway and a bit of gambling fun it is truely amazing and worth every penny.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I had a very good weekend get away with my partner staying for 1 night at Banyan Tree Macau. We both said will need to spend 2 nights next time.

Arriving the lobby, we get the typical Banyan Tree feel with senses and Thai style welcome. Maybe it is not a casino hotel, there is not many mainlanders within the resort which make it much more relaxing compare to other Macau hotel.

The Contai Suite where we stayed is exactly the same as what was shown on the website. The only thing that was missing is the ipod docking. Apparently this service is cancelled and only available upon request.

The Japanese bath tub is the best part of the room...really nice!!! The private pool is really not necessary in my opinion. It is small so not sure what is the joy of sitting in cold water that is a bit bigger than a bath tub inside an air condition room. Worst of all, the water will get refilled automatically 24x7 and is noisy. We were being warned at check in that to avoid being woke up at the middle of night, we can request the hotel to shut off the water refill. Of course we did that (who wants to be woke up at the middle of night), then the pool was empty the whole time.

I checked out the room forgot my ipod. The manager at the business centre is very helpful and arrange to courier the ipod to me within a day with e-mail confirmation of the handling and courier number, etc. I really appreciated his help.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Loved Banyan Tree Macau so much I'm definitely coming back!
The hotel room setting is very calming and relaxing! I was overwhelmed to see a private pool inside the room!
The bathroom is wonderful and very spacious. Everything's spectecular!
Hotel staff are all very friendly and helpful as well!
I had an excellent stay! Great experience!

P.S. Belon on 31/F is wonderful! A MUST-TRY restaurant!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business