“good place, great experience !”
Review of Banyan Tree Macau

Banyan Tree Macau
Ranked #4 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Naga, Philippines
“good place, great experience !”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Traveling with my wife and kids, Banyan Tree Macau is one of the great hotels that gave us the relaxing experience that we expected.
From the lobby, front desk, restaurant, recreation, and of course the room, the relaxing mood was up to our expectation. The warm and friendly attitude of all the staff made us feel at home.
Good selection of food for breakfast....the fresh juices made our morning fresh!
We are excited for our next visit... for another wonderful experience.

Thanks.
Ck de Guzman

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 669chuckie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stay there for one night but experience was awesome...

nice and friendly staff. Rooms are too good.. they offer me breakfast and dinner both are very nice and they made specially for me cuz we are vegetarian.

for Jain also they give nice jain food

I say must stay at least one night

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Vish0580
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This resort has all what you need with tiptop Indo-China furnishing and a lovely mini pool is built inside the room. I am sure every guest will enjoy during their stay in this resort. I am strongly recommended this hotel to you(should you don't mind to pay a little bit more for accommodation), I will definitely back to this hotel when I revisit Macau.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Hertfordshire
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Loved everything about this hotel. The staff were the friendliest and most helpful we've ever come across I think. And their uniforms were fabulous. The corridors and public areas are lit with candles and lanterns and scented with fragrant oils. The lobby was beautiful and luxurious.

Now to our amazing room. We opted for a standard room, but there was nothing standard about it. It was large and decorated in a Japanese style with soft colours and low lights. The room had a large indoor heated relaxation pool. A barrel-type bathtub and a huge shower. And best of all a Japanese loo! I want one in my house! The bed was enormous and soooo comfortable. Each day oils were provided in the burner and incense.

The pool area was fabulous. And we had it to ourselves every day. Pool snacks were high quality and good value. Breakfast was excellent too.

All in all a fabulous stay. Didn't like Macau but this amazing hotel more than compensated and we will definitely be looking into visiting other Banyan Trees.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Callycam
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed in spa room. As a frequent traveller to Macau, I would said Banyan Tree hotel is the best in Macau. Huge room & bed, personalize service, lovely spa pool inside the room. Although it's more expensive than most of the hotel in Macua, but the room just worth the price. Weekday room price should by much cheaper than weekend. A perfect place for relax.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tifftiff f
surprise, az
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Overall this was a great room & a great hotel... My only issue was that I requested a balcony (way in advance) When I arrived I was told the balcony room wasn't ready so I could wait for another hour or so or just take a different room. Well, I had already been waiting for several hours as my flight arrived early. So, disppointed as I was, I took the regular room.

Although, once I got in the room... There WAS a balcony! Wow, great, I was happy, But then I go to open the sliding door only to find it was bolted shut? So, I guess they were right- no balcony :( But why? THere it was, just waiting for me but I couldnt use it. So that was actually worse then not having the balcony at all.

The small "pool" in the room was an interesting touch. But it really is just basically a large tub. It is so shallow that you cant really swim in it. From the pics, I was hoping I could at least do a few 'mini laps' back & forth. - No such luck...

And finally, the TV offers no value to Americans, or any English speaking person. No movie channels... Come on now, what 5 star hotel cant through in 1 channel of HBO or something. There were a few Englsih channels, but I did not recognize them & they were of no value.

Again, I will say it was impeccably designed & furnished and still overall great. You probably don't plan on watching much TV anyway, and if you just wanna relax in the 'pool' this is probably the room for you.

If only I had got the balcony I had my heart set on from the day I reserved the room, I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: Only the lower level room s have balconies.. Weird huh? And, you might not even get one in that case...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Joseph B, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Sean b

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, my apologies for those aspects of your stay that were not up to your expectations. I shall certainly check with the Front Desk to understand why the confusion on assigning the balcony room. We do initially keep the doors locked, as some rooms may have children, however, on request, the housekeeping team can unlock the door, for those wishing to use the balcony. With regards to the Relaxation Pool in the room, it is more a plunge pool, than a swimming pool, perfect for lounging around but not adequate to swim. Your comments are acknowledged on the TV channels, there are a number of English language channels including Star World, AXN, Discovery and National Geographic, however I will certainly look at how we can enhance this.

Once again, thank you for letting us know the aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, and also giving us the opportunity to improve on those areas that were not to your expectation. I do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely

Joseph

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My other half and I stayed last weekend at the Banyan Tree Macau. After running around and seeing other hotels (I'm a travel agent) I think we were staying in the best Macau has to offer. Wow, our room was massive with a long pool that ran the length of the lounge and bedroom. A therapy room with a massive spa tub and in the bathroom a great barrel like Japanese tub and they even provide the bath salts (filled daily) to relax in the tubs. The bed was comfy and the breakfast was great. The bathroom products are fab and they give you a great little bathroom bag. In terms of location, it's in the newer part of Macau, at the Galaxy Complex(10min from the airport, free shuttle avail). So great for visiting the Venetian and other hotels / shops / restaurant at that end. The historic part of Macau is over the bridge but they provide free shuttles to take you all over the islands and other hotels so easy to get around. We found most people did not speak great English but the hotel staff are all fine and very easy to understand. They are also so attentive and friendly, thanks for making our stay fab. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who can splash a little cash for a lux stay. Like I said, I am a travel agent and have had the priviledge of staying at some of the best hotels in the world and Banyan Tree Macau makes my top 10 list.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple