“Excellent Rooms, service and comfort”
Review of Banyan Tree Macau

Banyan Tree Macau
Ranked #4 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Rooms, service and comfort”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The rooms in the Banyan Tree Macau are amazing, you don't want to leave the room. very large with separate lounge area, and a large in-room pool along the large window front. The attention to detail is what makes this room special, burning oils, towels on the pillows near the pool so you don't wet the room, heated toilet, 2 rain showers which turn into a steam room, desk area, walk-in wardrobe. The hotel itself is a nice tranquil escape from the craziness of the other large hotels. Spa experience was very good. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are suites and the basic one is amazing, the larger rooms are good if you want in-room...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tara K
JerryJJohn, General Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Tara K,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Macau.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed the many unique facilities within our spacious suites, and that together with our other services were able to create a memorable holiday experience for you and your loved one.

We look forward to having you return in the near future.

Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the suite that featured a window side private pool which had breathtaking views over the Macau sea line. Bathroom featured a wood circular tub and rain shower shower. Beautiful decor and amenities. Lots to eat downstairs in the galaxy mall and convenient to nearby attractions.

Stayed December 2013
JerryJJohn, General Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear BCATTY,

Thank you taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay at Banyan Tree Macau.

I am glad that the unique elements of our suites including the relaxation pool, double rain showers and oversized wooden bathtub were able to contribute towards a memorable experience and we look forward to sharing even more of our award-wining services with you on a future visit.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Truly incredible rooms, superb stree free check in and out, brilliant concierge who booked last minute Michelin star meal and even writes down the registration plate of taxi you get in in case you leave something in it. All in all a brilliant resort, would definitely stay again!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Tom M
JerryJJohn, General Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Tom M,

Thank you for your review and your feedback on the quality of service you experienced.

We are pleased to read that our team were able to make your recent stay with us memorable, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a great and wonderful hotel. The service was absolutely wonderful and the rooms were perfect. We were not fans of Macau, but the hotel was a retreat that everyone should enjoy. We are looking into staying at other Banyan Tree hotels around the world now. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
JerryJJohn, General Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Ming S,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad that we were able to make a difference to your recent visit to Macau, and look forward to welcoming you back to Banyan Tree Macau, as well as to our other 21 Banyan Tree properties around the world.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed over Easter long weekend. Hotel was nice but the service was terrible.

I was extremely sick with food poisoning from something I had eaten in the hotel. My partner and I both made it very clear on serval occasions that I was extremely ill and not one member of staff made any effort to address the situation. It was as if they had not been "trained" to deal with sick guests so they just ignored it all together. Meanwhile, 2 of the 4 days we spent were there were ruined as I couldn't leave the hotel room.

On the final day I was well enough to go to the outside pool. When I got out there I realised I didn't have my sunglasses and thought I had maybe left them in the indoor pool change rooms. The galaxy resort is a big complex and to walk back would take me 10-15 minutes. I asked the pool attendant to help by calling up to the other pool to ask them to take a look. He came back to tell me that they looked and they weren't there. He then went on to tell me that they were probably 'stolen'. I decided to walk over myself, and sure enough my bright orange sunglasses were in the change room exactly where I had told him they were.

On check out we were asked "how was your stay"? I replied to say that I was sick with food poisoning so not great. The gentleman on check out didn't really know what to say. He just replied to say that they would investigate and follow up with the restaurant.

I waited a few months to write this review as I had thought that someone from the banyan tree would follow up with me. I thought a guest with food poisoning wouldn't be something that happens everyday at the banyan tree and they would be keen to follow up inform the guest of the outcome of the investigation... but alas I have heard nothing.

The hotel is not all bad but for the price and brand of banyan tree I would expect a much better level of service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dcmc1234
Dear Dcmc1234,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at Banyan Tree Macau.We are sorry to hear that you had been ill during your stay and I trust your recovery was a speedy one.

I wanted to begin by assuring that that we take all reports of food poisoning extremely seriously, and that all of our staff are trained to respond appropriately to any reports of food poisoning and treat such cases with the highest priority. In addition we have a permanent Health and Hygiene Manager who ensures that the highest standards of safety and hygiene are maintained in all areas of our operations.

I was therefore very concerned to read your review, especially as we had no recorded reports of any food poisoning over the Easter holidays. Needless to say I had initiated an immediate investigation to determine the reasons for this service shortfall, and wish to share those findings with you.

As you have indicated, our staff on check-out was informed that you had been sick with suspected food poisoning which had spoiled your first two days. His initial surprise was primarily due to the fact that nothing had been recorded against your profile on our system, which is something we do for all incidents reported, irrespective of it’s cause. I understand that during that brief conversation it was ascertained that the possible cause was a Chinese restaurant outside the hotel, but within the casino complex, at which you had dined early in your stay. Our associate who checked you out, also indicated that your partner had clearly declined any further follow, despite being offered assistance, possibly because, as he indicated, he too had eaten the same food and had an incident-free stay.

As you can appreciate, to enable a thorough investigation in such cases, additional detailed information is required, and your decision not to do so left our assoicate with the impresssion that your desire was just to inform us of the unfortunate incident, rather than require follow-up.

I can only apologise if you had intended for us to investigate the matter and get back to you, however given the time that has lapsed, any new investigation may not provide adequate results.
In addition if you had mentioned your illness to other members of our staff during your stay, I can only apologise that they may have misunderstood the severity of the illness or would have surely offered assistance and escalated your comments to a manager on duty, both of which they are trained to do for any cases involving illness.

Your comments regarding the service you received at our pool, was however definitely not in keeping with our normal brand standards, and we have shared your experience with the team as part of a re-training program that was initiated to address your comments and avoid recurrance. I am glad however that you were able to find your sunglasses.

I wish to once again apologise for your experience, which as you can read from the numerous reviews on this website, is not indicative of our normal brand standards. If you should have the opportunity to return to Banyan Tree Macau or any of our other properties worldwide, please do let me know so that I can give your next visit my personal attention.

Sydney
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Im a huge fan of Banyan Tree properties and Banyan Tree Macau lives up to all my expectations....
The staff are wonderful, friendly and so helpful. The hotel is immaculate - simply driving into the grounds offers a wow factor.
We arrange transfers thourgh Banyan Tree from the airport but they have a great shuttle service and taxis are reasonable priced so next time we wouldnt bother with the transfer.
Our room with a pool along the window overlooking the galaxy complex, out door pools and the greater casinos downtown was simply stunning.
There is a free shuttle service on the grounds that takes you to many of the other casions and activities / shops, etc - most run every 15-20min but be warned depending on where you are heading queues can be large so you may have to wait a little.
The galaxy complex offer a large variety of restaurants and shops to choose.
And i highly recommend the spa at Banyan Tree - simply zen like and worth every cent.
Overall the hotel is situated in a great location and was a great place to stay....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa R
Dear Vanessa R,

Thank you for your short but comprehensive review of your recent stay with us at Banyan Tree Macau.

I want to thank you for your continued loyalty to the brand, and we are glad to read that we continue to live up to your expectations.

Thank you especially for sharing all the options that are available to our guests for getting to the resort on arrival, as well as in and around Macau.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Though we had already seen pictures & reviews online before our trip to Macau, we couldn't help but "wow" when we first stepped into the room - it is so spacious with a pool along the window, furniture & bed are comfy & a big round wooden tub for soaking with bath salt. Hotel staffs are friendly & helpful, they addressed us by our surname. Complimentary daily buffet breakfast was sumptuous (but only 1-time high tea for 2 pax was offered). We were surprised to find pastries on the tea table almost everyday when we returned to the room in the evening, it would be better if the food were covered. However we were not used to the dim lighting in the room especially the living room area at night & the sides at the bottom of the indoor pool were quite slimy. It will be nice if there is bbq dinner at the outdoor wave pool area & snack/supper place to hang out at night. We stayed 5 nights from 8-13 June & we missed the place already.

Room Tip: High floor with pool view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Purple_Butterfly64,

Thank you for your review and for sharing the highlights of your stay as well as some of the areas where you felt we could do more to enhance your holiday experience.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your daily snacks and have taken note of your request to have these covered to keep them fresh.

We are sorry that the light in your suite was not as bright as you would have liked, but wish to assure you that it is intended to create a soothing and peaceful ambience within your suite, and to enhance your own “Zen” experience. We would appreciate if you could alert us prior to your next visit, so we can endeavor to provide some additional lighting in your suite.

We are sorry to hear that you did not experience our usual high standard of cleanliness in your pool and have initiated an urgent refresher training for all staff concerned to ensure that your experience does not recur.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our “Sanctuary of the Senses”.