“excellent services & abeyance”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #11 of 96 Hotels in Macau
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“excellent services & abeyance”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was in this Hotel from 4th November 2013 to 7th November 2013 i.e. for a period of 3N4D in Room No.33176 (highest suites) on 33rd floor.

The services offered by the staff of the hotel are very excellent, cordial and down to earth and always ready to serve. The overall abyeance, atmosphere, cleanliness, tidily and timely services were worth appreciating.

Even the process of chek in and chek out was very smooth and overwhelming.

I would recommend this hotel to all future guests and visitors.

Regards,

DILIP PAREKH
Jet Privilege No.128287003

Room Tip: I will suggest to opt for rooms on higher floors because it is suite room and the view is too good a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliment on our services is very much appreciated! Thank you again for recommending us and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Guest Care Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Dear Galaxy team,

I am very impressed with your hotel and staff throughout. I was going to book The Venetian as that is where I stay when in Las Vegas. But saw your website and reviews so I decided to give your hotel a try. Very glad I did!

Wendy your Concierge Manager was very nice to arrange a birthday cake and some staff to gather for my father who is turning 81. It was a great start to our trip. Your bus shuttle system had been an excellent plus as we were able to go to San Ma Lo and Old Taipa Village without using taxis. Very orderly operation. In between, we watched a movie in the cinema in-house. My father couldn't rate the breakfast buffet any higher. It was very clean, upmarket and lots of selection. The food court at Galaxy is great too.

We went to the Venetian just to check it out and it was looking tired, old and disorderly. If you had more shops like the mainstream brands that they have there such as Zara, G2000, Levis, Hugo Boss, etc your hotel will really make it the only destination in Cotai. The wave pool was under renovation so we did not get the chance to try it.

But other than that, I think Galaxy beats it in every respect. I travel a lot for work and usually stay in 4-5 star hotels. Your hotel will rank as one of my favourites from hereon and will recommend to my friends.

I am a Filipino/Australian and very proud of your many Filipino service staff. When asking for directions or other info, they can be relied on to understand and speak English. Very friendly too. Even in the hotel restaurants, it was so hard to order when Chinese staff are serving as they could not understand the language.

We checked out at 1pm (thanks for the late checkout) and we will remember Galaxy Macau fondly.

Room Tip: We were on the 28th floor Rm 28169 facing the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jing2le_bells
Dear guest,
It is always great to hear our staffs provide excellent customer service and left a lasting impression. Your review have been shared with the entire team and they will be very happy to read all of your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is my first time to stay with Galaxy and everything is just right...Nice lobby; great variety shopping; good food!

But one thing I do want to share in here! The trip actually should be belonged to me and my wife for our anniversary, but too bad my wife can't make it up at the last minute, then I finally bring along with my 13-years old daughter to this trip. I thought it should be alright to swap king size bed to a twin bed but it just fed me up when I was told that there would be a charge to changing to twin bed room!! In addition, I was quite disappointed with the room size because I remember the room I booked should be 44sqm with City View, the one(28179) I had though is on high floor, it was a pool view and wasn't like a spacious room with 44sqm!!

Anyway the overall impression to me is good and I probably will choose Galaxy again for my next trip to Macao

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Daniel W,
Thank you for a great review following your stay at Galaxy Macau. I apologize for the check-in experience was not up to your expectation. We do try to accommodate, where we can on room types and preferences. Unfortunately, during the peak holiday season, the hotel has experienced extremely high demand which has affected the flexibility we like to offer. I sincerely hope that we get the chance to meet your expectations on a future occasion.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is my second trip to macau, my friends and I decided to try out Galaxy Hotel.
I was overwhelmed with interior design and the diamond fountain. Outstanding !!

Loved the pool with the artificial waves...I'm surprised to see it quite empty thou, looks like everyone is at the casino enjoying their winnings.

The front desk staff was helpful but I found the check in and check out waiting period to be quite long. Other than that, my friends and I had a great time !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Dalvir N
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked our resort deck and also got time to try out the facilities we have. I have passed on you kind words to my great team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.

Best regards,
HK
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We have a very good expereince for this trip and we enjoy this trip so much that we will visit again shortly! Hope we can receive the same good service in coming visit. People there is nice and helpful and we get what we asked for, good value for visit!

Room Tip: Ask before you choose one!!!
Dear Jarvis S,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. It is always great to hear compliments of our service. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Check-in time so long!
No value upgrade to sky level floor, this floor just a private casino. But I'm not a gambler!!!
Can you tell me why upgrade to this floor?
The clock beside the bed is no power!!! So fun!
Refrigerator no milk for coffee! sugar is wet! Suprise!
No evening turn-down service! Happy!
Just one word: Disappointed!!!
But I appreciate one guy: Roy Yang
Thank you for your birthday cake, it's delicious!

Dear Old O,
Thank you for posting your review. I am so sorry for the less than desirable experience. We thrive to make our guests feel welcomed at all times and obviously we have failed this time with you. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience during your stay with us and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further. I have share your notes with my team here so the same experience will not be repeated. We hope there will be an opportunity to gain your confidence back in the future.

Sincerely yours,
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Just returned from Macau. Stayed at the Galaxy. Compared to the Venetian, Galaxy is fresher and cleaner. Venetian is more run down. More importantly, Galaxy allows one to truly sit back and enjoy with less of the rush midst hordes of humanity associated with the Venetian. The swimming pool with its wave pool is really something. Truly enjoyable. The shops there are nothing to shout about. Definitely can't compare with the Venetian. But the hotel staff are extremely polite and obviously trained to be service oriented, and they take pains to make you feel that you are indeed a valued guest. The casino is big enough, but like all Macau casinos, seems to be just inundated with Baccarat tables and very few of other table games. The table limits are high (though still lower than the Venetian). My only beef with the Galaxy (just like all other Macau casino hotels) is that they are really stingy with the drinks service. For a 5 star establishment, serving lukewarm coffee and tea just don't cut it. Beer is not expensive and serving it free to hotel guests certainly isn't asking for too much? The Galaxy at least made up for it with free complimentary drinks and food in the hotel mini bar and free wifi, something which I can't understand why Venetian can't provide despite their sky high prices! All in all, kudos to the Galaxy. If they introduced greater variety of table games and improved on their drink services in the casinos, I would gladly rate it as worth 5 stars.

Dear guest,
We are humbled to have received your insightful comments, for there really is no greater way to better our services than by receiving truly vital feedback from a valued guest. Your compliment on our staffs is very much appreciated! I have also passed on your constructive feedback with the related teams and we hope to earn that 5 star from you on your next visit to Galaxy!

Best regards,