“Excellent...don't know what the others are complaining about” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #10 of 92 Hotels in Macau
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent...don't know what the others are complaining about”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed there 2 nights at the Premier Suite. The service was excellent. Special tanks to Nathan Yu for the personal efforts. They know international service standards. Compared to other hotel/casinos in Macau, this has the best selection of food and at reasonable prices. Place is aimed at families though..

Room Tip: The Premier suites got an excellent Jacuzzi
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Termsak,
I take pleasure in arranging a nice stay for you as a friend. I was very glad to know that our caring and efficient team members at the Front Desk welcomed you warmly and had you settled into your Premier Suite in good time. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertisement is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s always our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and please feel free to reach me for your arrangement in the future.

Happy New Year!
Guest Care Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dalian, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I asked some supprise because it was me and my wife's 1st trip together. I throught it ganna be only a bottle of wine or... Actually they upgrates to suites room and with a big big supprise ....I love this trip with so excellent experience in Galaxy

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear zhang z,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are delighted that you & your wife decided to make Galaxy Macau a part of your special celebration and of course that you have enjoyed a memorable holiday. I will take pleasure sharing your notes with the related team who most truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Galaxy Macau!
Warmest regards,
Changchun, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very comfortable hotel, bright and spacious, service is very good, very humane, especially like the details here, will come back later, will also be introduced to other friends;Like the swimming pool and Spa.
The hotel casino, not disorderly,Lobby is magnificent, very magnificent Crystal Hall

Room Tip: It is a perfect experience, no
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hello 206wanghong,
Thank you for sharing your very positive comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Happy New Year!
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Average hotel, average rooms and average service. This place look very attractive from outside like a place but the interiors are like any 4 star hotels around.

They need to learn from Venetian how run large hotels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear valued guest,
I’m sorry to learn your stay was less than ideal when you visited the Galaxy Macau. Our hotel strives to make sure each guest’s expectations are met, while staying. I was disappointed to read your comments, particularly the quality of service we usually pride ourself. In order to understand exactly where we fell short with regards to service, I would very much appreciate if you could find the time to write and provide some more details so that I may look at how to improve the team and know the area we need to work on earn a 5 star review from you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely yours,
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com
Marin county
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Spent a day here coming over from Hong Kong. I had heard a lot about this hotel in the press over the past few years. It's more weird than anything else. Like a big LOW-END hotel in Las Vegas. I sense that this is aimed toward the budget conscious, juvenile crown. (nothing wrong with that, but just a heads-up! that's all.) Fun to see. They have a great McDonalds restaurant where we had lunch. BTW -Watch out for taxi scams when you leave, taking you to the wrong ferry terminal (happened to us. Hotel's doorman gave taxi driver his instructions, so the communication error was not ours)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelcritic94920
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello travelcritic94920,
I was disappointed to learn that your room and overall time with us did not meet your expectations and for this I apologize. I am sorry to learn that after our Hotel Doorman confirmed the destination, the taxi driver still manage to take you to the wrong ferry terminal. I would be delighted to speak with you further regarding your stay and hope we may have the opportunity to be your chosen hotel once again. Do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further.
Sincerely yours,
E-mail: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

It's been the 7th times for me to stay in Galaxy and every time the service is better and improved. The latest stay for me is the Royal Suite on 28Dec13, and it is just marvellous. The room is spacious and much better and decorated compared to the normal room.
There are 3 improtant detail I would like to address:
1. The mini bar is spectacular, dozen of soft drinks to fresh juice, Gas water, Nespresso Machines and even more, Chivas, VSOP, Champange, red/white wines....All are complimentary. If it is your first time to stay in the Royal Suite, you must been freak out.

2. High quality deco, the inside decoration and design is very good which give you a modern and warm feeling like home. The facility and amentiy is high-end. For example, a Molton Brown bath/shampoo gel which smell like heaven. I just love it.

3. Professional and sincere service, they give you welcome fruits and things you requured in a very polite manner. The most improtant thing is the comfortable feeling after all, it definitely worth mentioned.

Overall, I will say the Galaxy is one of the best in Macau, you will absolutely satisfied in here. Great hospitality and reasonable price. You gonna love it! I am sure

Room Tip: Royal Suite is definitely worth it! Just feel like a VIP from the time you are invited to the VIP re...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear valued guest,
We appreciate your repeat patronage and thank you for finding the time to write us a lovely review. It is great to hear you enjoyed your Royal Suites and thank you for the compliments on our services. We all love to read your comments and we hope to be looking after you once again in the nearest future!
Happy New Year to you & your family!
Pacific Coast Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I chose this hotel as I was traveling with my 9 year old and my parents, who enjoy gambling. The galaxy is very family friendly, with a huge wave pool as well as a normal outdoor pool and hot tubs.

It is in a very convenient location, and is over the top in service and posh atmosphere. From the moment we stepped in the lobby we were treated like VIPs. The hotel has a huge shopping mall with several restaurants and an IMAX movie theater. And not forgetting the casino.

My parents did a Macau tour while my son and I played in the pool. The hotel has free shuttles with drop off and pick up in the main tourist areas. A taxi stand is just outside the door and the ferry terminal is only 20 minutes away.

My parents played in the galaxy as well as the Venetian and preferred the galaxy. The Venetian is a 5 minute walk. One observation was that while the Galaxy was busy, it didn't feel crowded like the Venetian. Tour buses of people who were brought for the casino as a tourist destination. The Galaxy also had a lot of people but was not shoulder to shoulder in the halls.

The rooms are very good. Comfortable with all the amenities. Our rooms over looked the giant pools. It was a long walk from the elevator to our rooms. It got a bit tiresome from my parents, so if this is an issue, be sure to ask the check in for closer.

Sadly, the big wave pool was closed for maintenance during our visit. It looked huge and fun. We were happy in the other out door pool and hot tubs as we got a cool spell, so hanging in the hot tub was just right. There is a changing room with showers, lockers and towels. Plenty of lounge chairs by the pool.

We ate in the spaghetti/ pasta restaurant, which was perfect for my hungry but tired son. Another meal we enjoyed the hotels main Buffett restaurant. Everything was excellent and there were a few things I considered child friendly. An interesting note: the restaurant sells its breads and other baked goods at a discount in front of the restaurant entrance throughout the day. It was nice to pick up a couple pastries as for a snack in the room.

There is also a food court with a variety of Asia foods as well as a McDonalds. Plenty of ATMs around.

We would definitely return and hopefully enjoy that big pool! All the luxury of the Venetian without the crowds.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chinamom_7
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Chinamom_7,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked you pool view room and also got time to try out most of the facilities we have. We apologize for the limited service at the Grand Resort Deck during the renovation period. Rest assured, the quality and service at the resort deck located on the second floor will be at its top shape for your next visit!

Best regards,