“Galaxy Macau - Fantastic”
Review of Galaxy Hotel

Galaxy Hotel
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Galaxy Macau. From the moment I arrived the service was fantastic and i was led to my suite at the 32nd floor. Amazing bedroom, bathroom and lounge complete with butler service.

For any request the staff where knowledgable and eager to help.

The main wave pool is a one of its kind in Macau and is great, especially as you relax under the palm trees.

The only problem was that the stay of 3 days were too short. Great for families or business and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Ben R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor. Great to hear you enjoyed the lovely view from your suite and found time to relax at the Resort Deck. Your compliment on our staffs is very much appreciated! I will be sure to share your review with the team and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Best regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,717)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Galaxy Macau is one of the best places I have ever stayed. The hotel was very kind to provide shuttle bus from Taipa Ferry Terminal, so you don't have to waste any dollar just to get to the hotel.The shuttle bus service is located right outside the terminal and lucky us we do not even have to wait for the bus. Before you board the bus, the tall and pretty galaxy ambassadors will give you a free casino chip keychain as a souvenir. Oh, there's free WIFI in the shuttles too!

It took last than 20 minutes to arrive at the hotel and from afar you can see the hotel building sparkling in gold. It looked so grand and magnificent and I felt like I am in Vegas, Ker-Ching Ker-ching. When you alight, you will be ushered to the check in counter. The check in takes me 15 minutes because it was my birthday during my stay, the hotel kindly upgraded me from a Typical Room to the Royal Suite. We were warmly greeted by Mr Ken Zhang to the waiting lounge for our check in. They have complimentary selection of tea and coffee and all are free flow. I am not very sure but I think the waiting lounge only cater for guest who are staying at suites and it is an express check in. Before the trip Mr ken Zhang have corresponded with us through e-mail telling us that we will have an upgrade of room, complimentary of room decorations and a birthday cake! What a pleasant surprise. We were overjoyed. Thank you so much.

After the check in, the butler brought us to our room at level 32 and the moment I opened the door there were balloons on the floor and a birthday tag on the window! The room was huge and the shower room was extremely spacious with a big bath tub enough for a couple to have a romantic bath together. Such a gorgeous room and we can consume all the drinks and liquor in the mini bar. The senior butler also left me a note wishing me a happy birthday. Before the clock hits 12am, the butler sent a birthday cake to my room. I felt so welcome and loved. Also I love how the butler team go to the extra mile to help me with everything I need.

The roottop wave pool is a must visit and it is the world's largest wave pool with plenty of lounge chairs and it's prefect fake beach coupled with sands. They also have thermal pool which I seriously don't think it is warm and comfy enough perhaps it's summer time so I think it's unnecessary to make the pool to be so warm? Hah, I dont know but I know I had enjoyed myself at the pool. After swimming I returned back to my room and I was given another surprise! A warm romantic bubble bath with a sweet and pleasant smell. This is the most unforgettable birthday I ever had. I felt so pampered and loved. Thank you Galaxy for making my birthday a special one.

The great thing about this is Hotel is, they have all the facilities and entertainment you need. From movie theater, convenient stores, plenty of restaurants, huge casinos and shopping. Oh, don't forget to try their steamboat restaurant (Hong Kong Gold Medal Seafood Hotpot) located at level 2. However the food can be pricey depending on what you order but good to try if you like steamboat and especially all the ingredients are very fresh. The operating hours opens till 2am. So dont fret if you cant find food at late hours. This will sure satisfy your hunger.

Last thing I wanna add, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Ken Zhang and all the bulter located at level 32 for making my stay remarkable and keep it up for the excellent service. I will definately recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

Keep up the good work.

Arielle Tan K.X & Joshua Ng Y.Q

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank startraveller28
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear ArielleTan,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked you Royal Suite and also enjoyed the personalized services from our Butler Team. I have passed on you kind words to the team and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a once in a life time experience. Let's say I wasn't planing on spending that much money in a room, but the truth is, it was Chinese New Year and it was VERY crowded, no rooms available in any hotel. We ended up staying in a huge room for two but it was actualy five of us.
Long story short... there was plenty space for everyone.
If what you are looking for is LUXURY... this is the way to go!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cecilia D
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello Cecilia D,
I was delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us over the Chinese New Year period at Galaxy Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we met your expectations. Please do come back and see us soon.
My best regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Hotel, wonderful pools and relaxing Spa.
But no chance for poker in the Casino :-(
We loved the Whisky-Bar on the 2nd floor.
There are free shuttle buses to the centre of Macau and many other Casinos.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Markus K,
Thank you so much for your great review! Sounds like you had a fantastic stay at the hotel and we met all your expectations. We appreciate you took the time to write us a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon for some games at the polker tables.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I'm a Macau residence and it was my first time to stay in Galaxy Hotel. For the entertainment--wave pool is the most attractive point for me. Therefore, I love the buffet dinner at Festiva and I would like to have it again. Hope to stay in your hotel again coming soon:)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alfread L,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed the buffet experience and spent good time at the Wave Pool. We look forward to welcome you back to Galaxy Macau!
Best regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here with friends visiting Macau and Hong Kong. This hotel had a great pool and was really well located. It was the best hotel in this price range and star class. Opulent, fun and a great value. We had a lot of fun. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello traveller2211,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is great to hear you enjoyed the convenient location of our hotel and found the price was very reasonable. We hope to be serving you again in the nearest future!
Warm wishes,

Reviewed 16 July 2014

When visiting the Cotai Strip on Macau, there is no better place to stay than at one of the Galaxy Entertainment Group hotels.
We stayed at Banyan Tree and it was simply stunning. Spacious rooms, impeccable service and views to die for. No shortage of restaurants either.
Galaxy has clearly designed and built the best casino and resort destination in Macau, the attention to detail is superb. In fact the attention to detail is incredible, simply first class and a credit to all. Staff throughout this property are wonderful.
For a special experience see if you can get an invitation to their exclusive nightclub "China Rouge". It has to be experienced to be believed!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Intrepidtraveller333

Dear Tony B,
Thank you for your kind words. Sounds like you had a great time with us and we met your every expectation. If your travels find you in Macau, please visit us again!
Best wishes,