“Spectacular and grand”

Ranked #11 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Quezon City
“Spectacular and grand”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My wife and I did not actually stay at the Galaxy but we had the chance to take a tour inside. First impression -- it was astoundingly beautiful, luxurious and huge. The walls and ceilings are accentuated with intricate details. The space of the hotel is so vast, as such, it does not feel crowded. We also had the opportunity to see the Fortune Diamond at the lobby which was a show in itself. It was a jaw-dropping sight. At the other side of the hotel are the Wishing Crystals that are equally a sight to behold.

What we really liked about the hotel was their friendly reception personnel. They knew that we were not checked-in but they were very much eager to help us, even explaining the must-see spots around the Macau and the free shuttle buses that would take us to these places.

We would definitely want to vacation here if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room at the loftier floors to have a good view of the Macau cityscape.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hello krisivan,
It was a pleasure to read you found the hotel luxurious and that the staffs were very helpful and appeared eager to please. The staff members here at Galaxy have, and always will be, the reason for the hotels continued success and I thank you for noting this in your review. Please come and visit us again should your plans find you in this beautiful city.
Warmest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had the greatest pleasure when i stay in Galaxy Macau. Actually i don't have any booking on that hotel, i was checked in in the other hotel.i just came to Galaxy Macau to have a tour and i observe d that there are lots of difference between the hotel i checked in and Galaxy Macau. The sorroundings was very clean and smells very good,not too much crowded. And the staff are knowledgable and willing to help. One staff have approached me and ask me if i need any help,i still remember his name "Paolo". I think his one of the bell attendant and his very helpful,he explained me in few minutes about the Galaxy Macau and nice places where i can go in Macau coz its my first time to travel to Macau. Surely i want to go back in Galaxy Macau with my family and i hope that the bell attendant "Paolo" will assist us because his very helpful.Galaxy Macau is a good hotel,it elegant style is one of the factor that people would like to stay in that hotel and of course the helpful assistance of the staff.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dave L
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Dave L,
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value and appreciate your comments. It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit at Galaxy Macau and thank you for the compliments on our staffs. I will be sure to share your notes with the related team member and we all look forward to welcoming you back!
Truly yours,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

While in Macau on business I was booked into the hotel by my host. On arriving at check in I was told that my chosen room was not available; but the courteous staff could see that I was tired after a long day and immediately upgraded me to a lovely suite; which was both elegant and relaxing for me .. The Italian Restuarant on the second level was excellent; for both food and wine; recommended by the very knowledgeable and personablewine steward, Billie.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 877Vancouver1
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear valued guest,
We are pleased to hear our staff at the Front Desk was able to offer efficient and caring service at check in and you've enjoyed our suite. I'm glad you had a great time at Terrazza with great service from Billie who is indeed the best and very knowledgeable on wines. We appreciate you took the time to write us a review. I have shared your kind words with the related teams and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Warm regards,
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at the Galaxy Macau. From the moment I arrived the service was fantastic and i was led to my suite at the 32nd floor. Amazing bedroom, bathroom and lounge complete with butler service.

For any request the staff where knowledgable and eager to help.

The main wave pool is a one of its kind in Macau and is great, especially as you relax under the palm trees.

The only problem was that the stay of 3 days were too short. Great for families or business and I will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Ben R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers here on TripAdvisor. Great to hear you enjoyed the lovely view from your suite and found time to relax at the Resort Deck. Your compliment on our staffs is very much appreciated! I will be sure to share your review with the team and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Best regards,
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Galaxy Macau is one of the best places I have ever stayed. The hotel was very kind to provide shuttle bus from Taipa Ferry Terminal, so you don't have to waste any dollar just to get to the hotel.The shuttle bus service is located right outside the terminal and lucky us we do not even have to wait for the bus. Before you board the bus, the tall and pretty galaxy ambassadors will give you a free casino chip keychain as a souvenir. Oh, there's free WIFI in the shuttles too!

It took last than 20 minutes to arrive at the hotel and from afar you can see the hotel building sparkling in gold. It looked so grand and magnificent and I felt like I am in Vegas, Ker-Ching Ker-ching. When you alight, you will be ushered to the check in counter. The check in takes me 15 minutes because it was my birthday during my stay, the hotel kindly upgraded me from a Typical Room to the Royal Suite. We were warmly greeted by Mr Ken Zhang to the waiting lounge for our check in. They have complimentary selection of tea and coffee and all are free flow. I am not very sure but I think the waiting lounge only cater for guest who are staying at suites and it is an express check in. Before the trip Mr ken Zhang have corresponded with us through e-mail telling us that we will have an upgrade of room, complimentary of room decorations and a birthday cake! What a pleasant surprise. We were overjoyed. Thank you so much.

After the check in, the butler brought us to our room at level 32 and the moment I opened the door there were balloons on the floor and a birthday tag on the window! The room was huge and the shower room was extremely spacious with a big bath tub enough for a couple to have a romantic bath together. Such a gorgeous room and we can consume all the drinks and liquor in the mini bar. The senior butler also left me a note wishing me a happy birthday. Before the clock hits 12am, the butler sent a birthday cake to my room. I felt so welcome and loved. Also I love how the butler team go to the extra mile to help me with everything I need.

The roottop wave pool is a must visit and it is the world's largest wave pool with plenty of lounge chairs and it's prefect fake beach coupled with sands. They also have thermal pool which I seriously don't think it is warm and comfy enough perhaps it's summer time so I think it's unnecessary to make the pool to be so warm? Hah, I dont know but I know I had enjoyed myself at the pool. After swimming I returned back to my room and I was given another surprise! A warm romantic bubble bath with a sweet and pleasant smell. This is the most unforgettable birthday I ever had. I felt so pampered and loved. Thank you Galaxy for making my birthday a special one.

The great thing about this is Hotel is, they have all the facilities and entertainment you need. From movie theater, convenient stores, plenty of restaurants, huge casinos and shopping. Oh, don't forget to try their steamboat restaurant (Hong Kong Gold Medal Seafood Hotpot) located at level 2. However the food can be pricey depending on what you order but good to try if you like steamboat and especially all the ingredients are very fresh. The operating hours opens till 2am. So dont fret if you cant find food at late hours. This will sure satisfy your hunger.

Last thing I wanna add, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to Ken Zhang and all the bulter located at level 32 for making my stay remarkable and keep it up for the excellent service. I will definately recommend this hotel to my friends and relatives.

Keep up the good work.

Arielle Tan K.X & Joshua Ng Y.Q

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank startraveller28
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear ArielleTan,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked you Royal Suite and also enjoyed the personalized services from our Butler Team. I have passed on you kind words to the team and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
Best wishes,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 July 2014

It was a once in a life time experience. Let's say I wasn't planing on spending that much money in a room, but the truth is, it was Chinese New Year and it was VERY crowded, no rooms available in any hotel. We ended up staying in a huge room for two but it was actualy five of us.
Long story short... there was plenty space for everyone.
If what you are looking for is LUXURY... this is the way to go!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cecilia D
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Hello Cecilia D,
I was delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us over the Chinese New Year period at Galaxy Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your experience and that we met your expectations. Please do come back and see us soon.
My best regards,
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great Hotel, wonderful pools and relaxing Spa.
But no chance for poker in the Casino :-(
We loved the Whisky-Bar on the 2nd floor.
There are free shuttle buses to the centre of Macau and many other Casinos.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Markus K,
Thank you so much for your great review! Sounds like you had a fantastic stay at the hotel and we met all your expectations. We appreciate you took the time to write us a review and look forward to welcoming you back soon for some games at the polker tables.
Warmest regards,