“Overrated cookies. Totally fine egg tarte”
Review of Koi Kei Bakery

Koi Kei Bakery
Ranked #4 of 15 Bakeries in Macau
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Tasty egg tarte Portuguese style. Crowded with tourists buying giftboxes with cookies. Located in old Square

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Koi Kei Bakery is famous in Macau and Hong Kong for their peanut candies. I have been a fan of their almond cookies for years. But it was on my first trip to Macau this May that I discovered their ginger cookies. They give you small samples of their cookies and candies to taste. If not for the fact that I lack space in my suitcase, I would have purchased more goodies from them. There is a big variety of cookies, candies and snacks available. Visit one of their outlets and savour these delicious snacks for yourself.

1  Thank 1John51415
Reviewed 15 June 2018

Tasted and bought some cookies. They even give you cookies for tasting before you can decide to buy them. Cashew, Almond and Chocolate cookies are the best.
Recommended to visit and try cookies.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Both of me and my wife were surprised to see many tourists on the street around Senado Square brought these particular plastic bags with them anywhere we went. We knew that those bags contained food or even snacks but we didn't know which ones until we visited St. Paul's Ruins th next day.

It turned out that those plastic bags were from Koi Kei Bakery. They have as many as 16 branches in different locations but I do believe five of them are located in Senado Square and in surrounding vicinity of St. Paul's Ruins. Koi Kei Bakery are not cheap (expect to pay MOP 100 or higher for their famous pastries) but they provide free samples to taste. Yes, the samples are free and they are quite generous in quantity. We ended up buying 4 big boxes of their famous almond pastry.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

There are a lot of Koi Kei in Macao.
The one we visited was near Dasanba.
We went around 8pm, which is not near their closing time. There were still quite a lot of customers in the store, as we visited around Chinese New Year.

Despite having customers, a lot of the sample dishes were empty, the staff were chatting among themselves and only reluctantly go to the cashier when you tell them you are ready to check out.

Maybe it is just close to the holiday? Or have they gotten too famous and don't care about getting businesses anymore?

We still bought cookies as souvenirs, but we definitely wish service was more attentive.

Been to Koi Kei Bakery? Share your experiences!