“management proves they are striving for excellence” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central

Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #15 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong, China
“management proves they are striving for excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

After my complaint, Ms Anthea SO, the Guest Relations manager, responded quickly and she fulfilled her promise, she attended every details for our check in. This time, everything turned out to be excellent in every aspect, giving their limitation to take care of other guests. Our rooms were near the lift to faciliate the easy accessibility of my wheel-chair bounded mother. My room was upgraded to deluxe suite with really gorgeous views. Maybe too many complains that no Hong Kong newspaper was available, this time we got at least Hong Kong newspaper although it was not my favourate one, it reflected somehow the management was responsive and strived to make improvement to meet the needs of the guests. In fact, after my complaint, I had been the guest twice, one was with the attention of the management, one was not, I found both trips were very good. If there are some tips, then remember to ask for two door keys for the security would suddenly execute the security measure to ensure every guest with door key, otherwise, he would not let you in even with room number. I really think the hotel should post the time schedules of shuttle buses. In fact, my nephew did not dare to go to the toilet because he did not know when would the bus drive away to the pier. Besides, the hotel should install some sun-shields over the chairs in the swimming pool to warrd off the glaring sun. After all, I enjoy these two trips and I would condemn myself if I do not express my appreciation to Ms SO and the staff including Ms Ivy Huang and the frontline counter for their amicable manner and efficiency to make the check in smooth.

Room Tip: high floor and deluxe suite if you really want to enjoy a scene with more money. Near the lift real...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy3344
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for your compliments and suggestions. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with Front Office, Guest Relations, Recreation and Transportation department heads, so they will in turn, share your compliments and comments with their team members. I am confident that Ms. Anthea So and Ms. Ivy Huang will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent visit. We hope to host you again and continue to dazzle you with our BrandHearted service. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central as your destination of stay in Macau.
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

It was a business trip and I hardly had much time to spend in the room!

To start off, I got there at night after a nearly 12 hours journey by Air, Land & Sea! Check in was fast and got a room in the 10th floor security was tight and there was a nice in door garden in fron of the Casino.

The room: A very big room with a nice big bed. The air cond was working well and the overall room was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean with a separate bathtub and a shower room.

The breakfast area is being shared with the Sands and the spread was wonderul. It is about 200MOP per person.

Manage to get the ferry ticket at the front office and there is a shuttle bus to the ferry point, but you would to need a bit to the ferry.

Overall a nice experice at the hotel and wish could have spend more time in the room!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are delighted to know you have a nice stay with us and our room, breakfast and security measure are up to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I read and was told that this is the biggest Holiday Inn in the world.
When I checked-in, I'm surprised as to how big and fancy the lobby is (a very nice surprise). It's nothing like any Holiday Inn in the US, which is more of a no frills chain.
The room is big and clean. The size is another nice surprise. Complimentary bottles of water are also supplied in the room. They are however very small bottles. But if you need more, you can contact housekeeping or front desk. Remember not to drink water directly from the tap, Always boil it first. There is a kettle in the room as well.
There is a free shuttle that takes you from the ferry pier to the hotel (note that they don't run 24 hours a day. If you have to take a very early ferry, take a taxi to the pier and it costs about MOP$60, with no traffic.) Hong Kong Dollars are used everywhere in Macau (NOT vice versa) and the rate is 1:1. Be aware that when you put your luggage in the trunk, there's an extra charge.
There is a security guard at the entrance to the elevators that take you to the rooms. The guards are courteous and I've seen them ask for people's room key to make sure that's where they belong. Good job.
An incident happened in which I smelled cigarette smoke in the elevator. I told the guard about it and I was told that there's nothing she could do (which is completely understandable). I then told the front desk about the smell and was told that they would look into it. I completely understand that it's difficult to catch the "offender" (smoking is NOT allowed in an elevator and sign is posted in the elevator). I would appreciate it if the hotel can impose tighter measures to catch these inconsiderate people!
The restaurant has an excellent buffet breakfast. Large varieties. Another nice surprise. I've been to many Asian hotels and ate different buffet breakfasts. I would say this is by far one of the best buffet breakfasts that I've ever had. Always look forward to it every morning.
The only complaint that I've had in the restaurant is the waiters/waitresses are overly anxious to take your plates and silverware away. I still had unfinished food in my plate. Two or three waitresses came (at different times) to try to take the plate away. Also, I was enjoying tea and they took my silverware away. I think the servers can be trained better in this aspect, i.e. to know when it's appropriate to take the plates and silverware away. I've never been to a restaurant which take a customer's silverware while the customer is still sitting at the table. They are always taken after the customer has left.
If you don't feel like spending money on restaurants at the hotel, there's a McDonald across from the buffet restaurant (they're opened till 11 pm.) There's also a food court at the Venetian hotel on the 3rd floor. The Venetian is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. There's also a free shuttle bus that would take you from the Venetian to the Holiday Inn and vice versa. Unless you've been shopping till you dropped, walking is still the best option considering the amount of waiting and travel time. It took 10 minutes (by shuttle) to go from the Holiday Inn to the Venetian, not counting the wait time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank OregonTraveler9999
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are delighted to know you are happy with our room size, location and security measure. We also take note on your comments regarding the cigarette smell and the service at the restaurant that have been shared with departments concerned for improvement. Thank you for bringing to our attention. We look forward to welcoming you back soon
hong kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

Hardrock was fully booked, so decided to try this new hotel instead. The check in was very smooth and as we were a large group of guys total 10 a friendly lady suggested us to wait at the bar and enjoy a drink while she arranged everything including a late check out which was great.
We enjoyed the pool alot! the staff were great and the selection of drinks nice.
Would def. visit again.

Room Tip: The pool has a nice selection of food drinks, try the club sandwich!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank latbonchimsi
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. Our Front Office team is very pleased to know you are happy with the check in process and we are also encouraged to bring our service to the next level. Thank you.
We look forwarding to welcoming you back soon
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel was surprisingly nice! Holiday Inns are typically very basic, but the rooms were well done and beds were very comfortable. I would say this would compete with many of the 5 star hotels in Macao. There are 4-5 separate pools, more for lounging around than swimming laps, but perfect if you want to lay around for some drinks in the sun. The gym facilities were just as nice. Service was great for a new hotel, we ordered room service for breakfast and the food was quality.

Definitely a great little place for a lower cost stay in Macao (we got a room during a 5-day sale), but I have a feeling prices will increase for this place!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are glad to know that our facilities exceed your expection among Holiday Inns. And our service and breakfast are up to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back in near future.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We took a short break to Hongkong and Macau during a long weekend, and spent our first night in Macau at the new Holiday Inn Cotai Central. And i'm glad we did. We rode the free shuttle from the Taipa Ferry Terminal to the hotel, and arrived at the hotel in a few minutes.

Loved the place as soon as we stepped out of the shuttle bus at the driveway. Spacious lobby, free wifi in public areas too. Efficient and fast check-in. Lovely room. Bathroom is average size, if not on the small side, but it was ok, has separate tub and shower. We had afternoon tea at the lobby cafe, and it's inexpensive and good, with great service. Good and wide selection at breakfast, that crispy bacon sealed the deal for me. :)

Cotai Central is just across the The Venetian, so just cross the road to check it out. We rode the free shuttle from the nearby City of Dreams to go to the Macau city centre (upon the advice of Holiday Inn staff), and just walked to Senado Square from the drop-off point. Going back, we took the free shuttle from the Macau Ferry Terminal back to Cotai Central. It runs until midnight so very convenient. Cotai Central also has its own casino and mall (with lots of shops and food choices) so if you wish, no need to step out as everything is available in the vicinity.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RezC_12
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities and services are up to satisfaction. We are also encouraged by your kinds to bring our service to next level. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

They say its the best Holiday Inn in the world, and they aren't wrong. I haven't seen one better, and at 37sqm standard rooms, they are definitely one of the biggest in the HI portfolio. The hotel is huge and part of the new Sands Cotai development, and shares the building with the Conrad. Along with the building, the two hotels share quite a few other services like restaurants and meeting spaces, but its fairly seamless so you aren't really hassled. The hotel is strict about their 3pm check-in, so don't arrive too early. But I think they do start checking-in from 1-2pm onwards. The casino isn't as big as the others in the area.
The rooms as I said earlier are big, very well done. The bed is super comfortable, with options of hard and soft pillows. Bathroom is great with a separate shower cubicle and bathtub. Loved the room service staff, extremely efficient. The food (main courses) wasn't fabulous but the desserts were great! The food at Grand Orbit (buffet restaurant) is also not bad.
The only negative I had was that the internet was very expensive! I think it was HK$160 for 24 hours.
The hotel is conveniently placed, few steps away from the Venetian, Plaza and City of Dreams. Great hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with our room size and the hotel location. Our room service team members appreciate very much on your kinds and glad to meet your expectation during the service. Your positvie comments encourage us to strive for better service. Thank you and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.