“Spacious, comfortable and clean room. Check-in process could be more professional.”

Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights from 21-23 Oct and i would say this property has clean, spacious and comfortable rooms at affordable rates which makes it a great choice to stay in Macau. Location is convenient with complimentary shuttle bus service to both ferry terminals in Macau that departs every 15 minutes from early morning till midnight.

Although check in process was swift, front desk service wasn't impressive. Was disappointed that despite emailing in advance and requesting for a room facing the cotai strip during check in, the reception lady acknowledged but was given a room facing the opposite side. If it wasn't available, shouldn't we be informed during check-in then simply just to acknowledge the request in front of us but given a room facing another building with no view?

Booked the room which was marketed with late check out at 2pm subject to availability but when requested for a late check out at 2pm, i was also given an impression during check-in that i wasn't encouraged to enjoy the late check out despite rooms are clearly available during this period. The lady suggested us checking out by 12pm which was the norm, after requesting again she mentioned 1pm, then finally after a "give and take" she then agreed to hold the room till 130pm. I felt that the whole check-in process could be more professional.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my apologies for the unprofessional manner in which your check in was handled. It's only through positive criticism such as yours that we are able to improve and maintain the standard of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at ernest.cheng@ihg.com if I can be of any further assistance

Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was surprised to see that the Holiday Inn brand in other countries like China and Macau are actually much nicer 4 star hotels...unlike the brand here in the U.S. This hotel was very conveniently located along the "strip" of Macau with the Venetian just directly across the street.

My room was very clean and spacious. The hotel has a nice entrance and the casino is a good size, although it's not as large as some of the mega hotels like the Venetian. There is also a connecting mall to shops and restaurants.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djson1
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted to know that you can relax and feel the differences at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We wish to see you again should Macau be your next destination

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We'd the 1st stay in Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central during the National Days, front desk receptionist gave us good impression, noticed to our advance requests & tried their best to accommodate our needs. The room is clean & neat, house keeping, concierge staff are all in good attitude. So, we came back to visit the Hotel again after 2 weeks. As in the Sands Cotai Central, various theme topics will be conducted periodically, this time is Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Dragon, etc., the theme fits to adults, of course, to children. Also, lots of cuisines choice inside Sands Cotai Central, you can spend your time there. We'll certainly return in near future :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are delighted to know you are happy with our staff and facilities as well as the DreanWorks charaters' performance. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Being member of IHG for many years, we have stayed at a numbers of HI hotels worldwide. This is our first time staying over night in Macao, for 2 nights.

The shuttle bus from the ferry to Sands Cotai Central dropped us at the back end of the mall, there was no sign of Priority Club desk. The girl was happy to do check in for us, but gave us the 2 double beds, opposite to my original copy of booking for King Bed. There was no Priority Club member recognition then, even only one room card rather two as usually when I book room for my husband and I. Despite of me showing the copy of my booking, stated clearly 1 King bed, the girl kept saying "Sorry" and couldn't do anything???

It was a LONG, LONG walk right through the shopping mall to reach the front entry of the hotel, as we didn't know this place is a share property with Conrad hotel and some retail shops and restaurants. Fortunately we got the concierge trolley to help moving our luggage along that long walk through the mall to reach the elevators. Anyone can get to our floor, sad to lack security in such a place full of gamblers. The hotel's main lobby at one end of the shopping mall, and a mini lobby at the other end of the shopping mall. Walking around and turning through casino to find the entrance of the elevators to the room etc... Something hardly seen ever in any Holiday Inn or many other hotels worldwide!!

Apparently HI and Conrad hotels share the elevators and in the same building. Conrad hotel has it's breakfast dining restaurant in another end of the mall, but not HI. Easy access to elevators without room key was a big issue for peace of mind here.

After checking in, we were disappointed with the two beds occupying most of the space in the room. When we got down stairs and searched for the proper lobby of HI, someone directed us to another end of the mall. There I went straight to the Priority Club counter and asked for King bed room and one extra room key plus the welcome voucher drinks, something should happen automatically for IHG Platinum member at time of checking in.
The staff here gave me the letter of welcome afterwards.

The girls here were every embarrassed for the issue I brought up and tried to re-arrange for us to move to a better room.

Don't expect to have upgrade for Platinum Elite here, as the hotel in the complex (very messy) sharing with another hotel and many shops and restaurants. Feeling just like living in the Shopping Mall. There are no in house restaurants for breakfast and no Club Lounge.

Even the staff told me that if I dine at any restaurants in the complex, there is no points earned towards my Priority Club account !!!

The spa wasn't hot enough and small. I was annoyed that an Asian man with his group, came in the spa after us with his camera (obviously in the video mode) filming what's going on at the spa, where we were sitting. May I suggest the hotel staff to restrict people not to have camera at these sensitive public place, especially spa?? Remove any camera stationed and filming the spa activities? That camera running put me off, we
had to get out of the spa because of that!

We found the food court on another floor in the same building complex cost a lot more than the next night when we dined at famous fine dining Portuguese restaurant. Eating at restaurants outside the complex is much better in quality and price than around the food court at the hotel complex.

My most disappointment was when we checked out. As our room already paid in advance, I still need to get a receipt statement of my stay. Most IHG hotel brands would automatically provide this at time of check out (when you return the room keys). There were only two staff available even at mid morning. The staff (cashier F052856) received my returned room key and said "all paid". No words of thanks. Nothing given to me. I had to insist to have copy of receipt/statement as this usually the procedure for check out at most hotels. She reluctantly went through computer to print out for me. Staff need to be trained better in serving guests, very poor manner.

After receiving the statement, I had to get moving to catch the ferry back to HK, I didn't see the small print on top of the statement. Until two weeks after arriving home, checking my IHG account, no points were credited to my account from this hotel.

Checking the statement, the top left corner under my name, somehow it has a name of a company that I have no clue who it is and what for? when I always do my booking for all IHG hotels by myself directly with IHG website. The hassle of scanning copies of my original booking and email back and forth to the Rewards Club office to rectify this problem and to prove why my stay should earn points. If you booked via third party, no points. I also book direct with IHG website.

Anyone book to stay at this hotel, bear in mind of the facilities not what you usually see at other HI. But most important to get the
receipt/statement at check out AND check if there's any strange name of company that shouldn't be in your receipt, otherwise will have the hassle of proving and claiming Rewards Club points afterwards.

The environment of the hotel and lacking its own usual in house dining would be something I am not sure wanting to return to this hotel. Not being able to dine in its own restaurant and earn points for dining, the biggest let down for me as we prefer to dine at hotel's restaurant when we come to a new country, somewhere we feel safe to eat for our stomach in a new country.

Room Tip: Don't expect all in house facilities like other IHG hotels, if you don't mind living in a ho...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

I appreciate your candid feedbacks and apologize for not having been able to meet your expectations for a quality stay on this occasion. I am thankful for the opportunity for us to improve and are sincere in making things right for our valued guests. We will ensure your points to be credited in your IHG account. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me at ernest.cheng@ihg.com if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We reached macau at 3 pm after traveling for 8 hrs. The free shuttle bus was on the pier. Its light green colour bus which is free of cost and takes the hotel guests to the hotel without any charges. people staying in Sheraton, Conrad & Holiday inn cotai can use same shuttle bus as the hotels are in same area. Our check in was quick in 5 min and we were upgraded to Deluxe room on 25th floor as its was weekday and we got complimentary late check out till 1400hrs and free wifi in room.
Its holiday inn so the rooms , beds etc was good like other Holiday inn. Bathroom and room had everything which we required. The room service was efficient and quick.The dreamwork parade at 4 pm was very excited for the kids. The photo shoot with the dreamwork character was another plus for the kids.
The pool was huge and they have around 6-7 pools as all the 3 hotels shares the pool. The pool bar was quick and efficient. Staffs were friendly and smily. My kids and we enjoyed our stay here. It was our first time and we can't complain about the hotel.
Hotel food court is on 3rd floor and much better then venetian food court. Their restaurants like Pink Grill and Japanese - Aka is a bit pricy but the food was superb. Over all we had nice stay and we will surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central as your lodging in Macau. We are glad to hear that you can relax and enjoy the stay with us. Your comments are detail and important not only for us but also for those people who plan to visit Macau. Thank you. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Being the lesser known cousin in Sands Cotai Central, Holiday Inn certainly doesn't pale in comparison. Rooms are excellent, and great value for money. The gym is great and fully equipped as well, and available for use 24 hours. It's a great place to be for family and for business. If possible, request for a room with a view of the Cotai strip. As for things to do, non-gaming activities I would recommend would be to visit the Venetian for its sure size, and certainly take a stroll to the nearby City of Dreams and catch the dancing on water show. Also, do spend some time visiting MGM and Wynn hotels on the main peninsula for a taste of extravagance.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, facing the strip
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments. As a Holiday Inn, we are aiming to provide the best value to our guests so that people can relax and enjoy the stay with us. Apart from the easy access to other places of interest at Cotai Strip, DreamWorks charaters parade at 1600H daily is our famous non-gaming activity. Check it out with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Reviewed 15 October 2013

It was amazing hotel with top class facilities and pleasant & enjoying stay. Hotel giving personal touch quick service and a friendly atmosphere with all facilities and amusement shopping etc. within for all requirement and enjoyment. Good connecting facilities to Venetian Hotel for pleasant and easy enjoying round.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are very delighted to hear that you were satisfied with our service and facilities. And our staff have contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back should Macau be your next destination.