“Superb hotel in a Vegas-style strip”

Conrad Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Macau
California
“Superb hotel in a Vegas-style strip”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The Conrad (Hilton) is a gorgeous hotel that opened in 2012 in the newest replica of the Las Vegas "strip" in Taipa - across the bridge from Macau, where many other casinos reside. It is attached to a shopping mall shared with two other hotels and connected by a bridge to even more hotels and shopping. As Vegas replicas go, it is pretty close with seemingly hundreds of high-end stores and expensive restaurants, of course casinos, and pretty much nothing else. Fortunately it is a short distance from Taipa town for at least a taste of the local lifestyle. It is a bit far from Macau, but there are free shuttle buses to go there, or a taxi ride costing around ten bucks US.

The Conrad is stunning and the rooms are spacious, well-designed, comfortable, well appointed and stylish. The furniture and bed are high-end. You can even order from a menu of pillows they provide. Aside from the lack of a microwave or any kitchen facility, I loved the suite I was given on the 21st floor. It had a huge living/dining room, two bathrooms, a large bedroom and large bath with shower stall and spacious tub. There is also a nice "pellet" style coffee maker and complimentary milk for mornings. Everything functioned correctly except the power center that, every so often, clicked and flashed the lights in the living room. One excellent touch is the wireless router located in the room on the desk, providing a strong signal everywhere in the living quarters. Bandwidth of the internet connection was excellent too - one of the best I've experienced. While internet was included in my deluxe suite, beware that in other room grades, it is not free and in fact costs over twenty dollars per day.

The desk and concierge staff was quite excellent as well, responsive and helpful, and generally professional and well trained to provide for the needs of guests from around the world. So, in terms of the physical facilities and service, you could not ask for more. The area where it went somewhat wrong for me was the overall environment, which, like Vegas, is overrun with people, over-priced, and corporate. Gamblers will love the numerous casinos of course, and families might enjoy the shows, but there is not even a small convenience store in the entire complex where one could buy a bag of chips or pack of gum. And while the room was really well isolated and quiet at most times, there is construction under way across the road so the sounds of pile driving were heard in the mornings starting around 8:30am. And the worst part was a wild pool party held at the Hard Rock Hotel just across the way from the Conrad that happens each and every Saturday. It started early - my recollection is around 5pm - and runs until midnight, complete with thumping bass and house music that can be heard quite well inside the room! This party is so wild that the entire pool was completely drained by morning for reasons I don't even want to imagine! The hotel did offer to move me across the hall to the other side, but only for that night - too much trouble, since I'd have to move back a day later.

For luxury and good service, the hotel measured up. It is comfortable and elegant. But one has to be a fan of the Vegas casino lifestyle to enjoy the overall experience. And be prepared to make a trek to experience any of the historical areas of Macau and Taipa that make the islands so interesting.

Room Tip: Ask which side has least construction noise. Possibly away from Hard Rock to avoid noise on Sat nigh...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SalsabyJake
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Dear SalsabyJake,

Thank you very much for your extensive feedback and review, it is greatly appreciated. We are really pleased that you experienced the flawless service we aim to deliver to each and every guest Apart from all the comforts, amenities and location that Conrad Macao has, the most relevant is our team members such as our Concierge team who as you noticed always ensure that guest have a memorable stay. I am sorry to read that you have been disturbed by construction noise and pool party across the road. We will look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at Meridith.beaujean@conradhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Conrad Hotel is very safe and comfortable hotel, Location hotel in the center of the city, near to city of dream. In city of dream we can see house of dancing water. Conrad hotel is very clean, friendly service, a great overall this hotel. In here you can gambling in casino. Near from the hotel. In here We intend to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank indri1001
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the central location of Conrad Macao. We will look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at Meridith.beaujean@conradhotels.com

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed here for one night for a short getaway. Stayed in a King Deluxe room, with breakfast included. The first thing we noticed when we entered the grand lobby was the sense of calm and the delightful scent wafting through the air. Although reception was very busy with many guests checking in, there were plenty of staff on hand to ensure an orderly process. The staff member who checked us in, Isac, was very friendly and efficient. We were shown to our room by another great staff member, whose name unfortunately escapes me. Luggage was delivered promptly.
The room was stunning! The 'Himalayan' theme of the hotel really pleased my tastes. The cherry/plum blossom and bird feature design on the wall behind the TV is so pretty. Other furnishings, such as the curtains, wallpapers and carpets are opulent and beautiful. The sofa is inviting and comfortable, and again feels very plush. Just gorgeous. The bed is very comfortable-- thankfully, not too firm! I slept like a baby. I was worried about noise because that can be an issue in hotels in this region, as some guests who travel here can be very badly behaved. Thankfully that wasn't an issue and the bed is positioned at the back of the room, well away from the hallway and any noise that might be heard.
The two wardrobes (presumably one for each guest) should satisfy even the most chronic over-packer. Next to the wardrobes is a tea/coffee area with Nespresso machine and excellent quality tea (Jasmine pearl, Japanese sencha and darjeeling). Fresh milk is complimentary.
Bathroom is opulent, with marble tiles and double sink. The shower was OK-- unfortunately the water pressure is not adjustable. The bath is deep and luxurious. Amenities are generous, supplied by a British aromatherapy company. One complaint about the bathrooms-- it is very possible to hear the next room showering (ie the pipes are very noisy). I realise this may not be an issue for many people but if, like me, you live in high density apartments and want to escape the noise of your neighbours, it can be bothersome.
We had room service for dinner. Beautifully presented and it arrived on time. The staff member I spoke to on the phone knew the details of the menu and special requests were catered for. The room service menu has a decent variety, from pasta, pizza, sandwiches, steak or fish to regional Chinese dishes, Indian curries and Thai favourites. Dessert was also good.
Unfortunately I didn't end up using the pool or spa, but I could see the pool from my window and it didn't look very crowded, unlike at the Sands hotel next door. The hotel spa features Australian Aboriginal massage, which I'd never seen even when travelling in Australia, so I'd like to try it next time. Pricey at HK$1100+ for a massage, but I would imagine it's a nice experience.
WIFI is often free if you book directly through the hotel website, but we booked through a travel agent so could choose to use WIFI for HK$160/day. There is free WIFI in the lobby area.
The breakfast buffet was definitely geared to the Chinese tourists who frequent these hotels. The western selection is OK, just the standard egg station, with hot items like sausages, potato, etc. The bakery selection also features Macanese egg tarts, a nice local touch. There's also a Japanese area but the Indian area I'd read about on Tripadvisor sadly wasn't there.
Overall, I was very, very impressed with this hotel. The best points are the luxurious rooms and the friendly, helpful staff. There are plenty of beautiful hotels in Macao, but the Conrad is my only choice. Can't wait for my next stay here.

3 Thank bimdonesia
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear bimdonesia,

Thank you very much for your extensive feedback and review, it is greatly appreciated. Apart from all the comforts, amenities and location that Conrad Macao has, the most relevant is our team members such as Issac who make the guest comfortable and ensure that guest have a memorable stay. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that, we would look forward to your return and in the meantime If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We are currently stranded in Macau, due to typhoon Utor having been raised to a level 8 storm. That basically means all transport is cancelled and you are to stay indoors. Although Macau got old quickly (I'm not a gambler nor a huge shopper), I could not think of a better room to be stranded than the suite we were upgraded to. It is over 160 square meters, including a separate media or karaoke room, guest bathroom, dining room, etc etc. The main bathroom is the size of an apartment in Europe.
The staff have also been incredibly resourceful and helpful. Kajana from Guest Relations escorted us to our room, and made sure to find us a room for early check-in despite the high occupancy at the hotel. She always had a smile on her face, and thoroughly explained the details of the hotel. She did a great job as sometimes I feel overwhelmed with so much information.
I also want to commend Edmund, the chief concierge. He was full of recommendations of things to do while stranded indoors.
Overall, the service at this property was great and the size of the suite was the biggest I think have ever stayed at.
Also, the breakfast buffet had over 12 stations with all types of food you can imagine (from Indian to Japanese).

2 Thank JAFF-MiamiBeach
Dear barcelonatravelers,

Not a bad place at all be stuck at while Utor was around, I hope you have arrived safely at your destination. I thank you for writing such a positive review and for mentioning stars like Kajana and Edmund who make every effort to create a flawless experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Macao and if I can be of any assitance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com

San Diego
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Conrad Macau for 3 nights and did a little video review of the hotel grounds and room 2525 -- a 1700 sqft suite!

If you'd like to see what the hotel and room 2525 look like, then check out the video here:

This room was truly awesome and I was upgraded to it as a Gold member! Huge living room, media room, and a ridiculously large bathroom. Highly recommended!

The hotel itself is located in the Cotai Sands Complex which is a complex of three hotels (Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Conrad) that share a common casino/shopping mall/eateries. The complex was recently completed in 2012 and is located directly across the street from the Venetian and the City of Dreams.

The Conrad provides a free shuttle bus from the Taipa Ferry Terminal. I took the Cotai Water Jet Ferry from Hong Kong to Macau which was a pleasant trip. At the ferry terminal there was a staff member from the Conrad holding a sign that said "Conrad." I identified myself to the staff member and she walked me to the shuttle bus. The shuttle bus would not have been easy to find without the help of the Conrad staff member.

It's pretty easy to get to the old town of Macau via a taxi from the Conrad. Taxi's were about $10 to the Historic Centre, and were readily available at the lobby entrance of the Conrad. For those that are extremely cheap, there is also a free shuttle bus that runs to the Historic Centre from the City of Dreams hotel complex next door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank YellowProductions
Dear thnarf,

Thank you very much for your feedback and video review of our comfortable suite and facilities at Conrad Macao. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the room upgrade and the convenience of our free shuttle bus services from the ferry terminal. We will look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at Meridith.beaujean@conradhotels.com

macau, Macau
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The Himalayan theme to this hotel is a nice feature of the main entrance and hotel lobby. Check in was super friendly and we were escorted to an amazing Suite the size of my home with stunning views over the PRD and the Macau skyline. Really nicely furnished in a pretty neutral style, super comfortable bed, great bathroom (shower could take a football team in it). Even a Karaoke room. Great accomodation and great value. Now the walkway has opened to the Four Seasons across the road accessing the shops there is a breeze, and it's a 5 minute 5 walk across the street to the City of Dreams. Really is in the middle of the best that Cotai has to offer. Oh, you can do a bit of gambling there as well.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank David L
Dear David L,

Thank you very much for your review, it is greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere of our Himalayan theme and the comfort of our suite. Apart from all the comforts, amenities and location that Conrad Macao has, the most relevant is our team members such as the Front Office team who ensure that guests experience a friendly and efficient check-in. I am glad that we were able to accomplish that, we will look forward to your return and in the meantime If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at meridith.beaujean@conradhotels.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I just love this hotel. The staff are outstanding - from check in to check out they were efficient, friendly and couldn't be more helpful. And... they did it with a smile. I can't praise this hotel enough and will make it my hotel of choice every time I visit Macau.

Room Tip: Every room is great - try and get a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Carmen6868
ConradMacao, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Carmen6868,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and I am very pleased to read that you felt the whole team was gracious and hospitable at Conrad Macao. We will look forward to welcoming you back and If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at hamid.naseem@conradhotels.com