“Memorable CNY holiday”

Conrad Macao Cotai Central
Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Macau
“Memorable CNY holiday”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My family just celebrated Chinese New Year in Macau this year. We checked in the hotel on the New Year's Eve with booking of 2 rooms for my brother's family and myself with my parents. My brother and I are diamond members, our rooms were upgraded to suites, which were spacious and elegantly decorated. Member benefits include complimentary afternoon tea sets, evening cocktails and breakfasts. We were lucky the afternoon tea was served in buffet style as a CNY special, instead of the rack. There was a good selection of food and desserts to choose from, including Beijing duck, turnip cakes, macaron etc. Evening cocktails were served from 6pm at the lobby lounge as well, they catered mostly drinks only. On New Year''s Day, we were assigned to take breakfast at Grand Orbit Restaurant. We found a long queue trying to get seated in the restaurant and we waited in line there. Suddenly there were other people cutting in from another side of the entrance and got admitted ahead of us, then we were told they were hotel guests of Conrad and another line for Conrad was formed. It turned out the queue we were standing was actually for the guests of Holiday Inn. How confusing! Fortunately we came across our guest relation manager, she informed us we had another option to order in-room dining for breakfast. Our guest relation manager, Nicole Lee, had been very helpful making our stay comfortable, she cares about our needs and handled them proactively. We appreciate her excellent service. We are also impressed by the staff's warm greetings with friendly smiles everywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andre T
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Andre T,

I am thrilled to read that you and your family had a memorable CNY celebration with us at Conrad Macao. Apart from the comfort of our luxurious room, it is indeed the personalized and flawless service offered by our team members like Nicole that creates the Conrad memorable experience. I thank you for your review and for your nice comment about our staffs. I also thank you for your feedback regarding your breakfast experience, it will allow us to improve our services.

We will look forward to welcoming you back at Conrad Macao.

Kind regards & Kung Hei Fat Choi!

Brand Compliance, Quality & Training

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
england
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice hotel with great rooms. Separate bath and walk in shower lots of nice toiletries. Pool area was a let down though. It had about four small, funny shaped pools half of which were heated and the other half cold. They could quite easily have had one large pool so that you could at least swim if you wanted. It is a nice spot to chill out though with the spa baths,cabanas etc. The gym was pretty good with very friendly staff. Lots of people mention Edmund the chief concierge. He is from Singapore and has worked for many years at the Four Seasons and Raffles Hotels in Singapore. I found him to be excellent and the Conrad are lucky to have him. This was my first time in Macau but I really enjoyed it. In a couple of years they will have completed several more hotels on the Cotai Strip (Wynn, MGM, Paris and Studio City/Crown Melcro) so I look forward to returning again then.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sydney69England
Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Sydney69England,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our great rooms and chilled out in one of our private pool cabanas. Thank you for your nice remark about our Recreation staffs and it is true that we are lucky to have an Excellent Chief Concierge as it is flawless service from our team members that makes the difference at Conrad Macao. We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Excellent stayed at Conrad Macau, especially thanked for Mr. Edmund Tan & Mr. Chandran Morgan wonderful service. They are the best leader and all his staff well trained very helpful and knowledgeable. Definitely we will return again, they prepared a lovely cake for my celebration of my pre-wedding trip.

Room Tip: Corner suite large
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jackel2014
Dear Jackel2014,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a wonderful pre-wedding trip at Conrad Macao. Our dedicated team members like Edmund and Chandran are indeed leading examples in delivering flawless and personalized service to our guests. Thank you for recognizing that. We will look forward to welcoming you back and why not celebrating your honeymoon with us.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We were holidaying in HK for 3 weeks, so I thought we could do a nice getaway to change the scenery by booking 3 nights at the Conrad Macao. I'd originally booked the cheapest room available for $1400HKD on the internet, seeing I thought we would be doing a lot of sight seeing and didn't need such a lush room. Upon check-in, and with the presentation of my husband and my own HHonours Diamond cards, we were suddenly triple upgraded to their King Premier Suite - Sweet!! The room was absolutely unbelievable, we had over 1600sqft of living area - and just as well, as out of the 3 days we were there, 2 days were drizzling and we weren't too keen to venture out to sight see - we'd much prefer relaxing in the comfort and luxury of our hotel!

The room opened up to a beautiful hallway, upon which there was a separate dining and living area, as well as a media room, and a second bathroom. We then went into our bedroom, with another separate seating area, then kept turning to go into a dressing area, then the powder room with the spa bath, and then an incredibly massive walk in shower - and behind that was another toilet. All in all i'd say the room was 3 times the normal size of a room - we were obviously very spoilt!

Our room also included daily buffet breakfast, and on one of the mornings, we booked in for Shrekfast - as the hotel was the host to Dreamworks, we had the cast of Madagascar, Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, etc walking around, and we did breakfast with the cast in a hall beautifully done up with full buffet to reflect each movie. Needless to say that was the highlight for our 3yo daughter!

The pool wasn't that great - I thought with such a massive hotel, the pool area would be a lot bigger - but i suppose with the bad weather there when we went, it was ok as we only used it once.

Room housekeeping presented a slight problem - I noted that the staff at the front desk and concierge converse well enough in English or Cantonese, however the housekeeping staff could not understand both, only Mandarin, which left us in a lurch when we wanted to ask for extra bath salts for our spa - they could not understand us at all. But most other service staff was excellent.

Our room also included the complimentary afternoon high tea at the lounge, as well as drinks at 6-8pm. We took advantage of this and enjoyed what was on offer each day - and after the afternoon tea, we usually had to rest for a long while before we could even think about dinner!

Finally, on our last day there, we caught the lift with the one and only Aaron Kwok (Famous HK singer/actor) - and his assistant. He was staying on a few levels above us, and was there for the Macau Grand Prix - and to think we stayed at the same hotel as him - i was pretty starstruck!

All in all, I highly highly recommend this hotel if you want nothing but the best in service in Macau! Super family friendly, with staff going above and beyond to help in every way possible.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DeDeChooi
Dear DeDeChooi,

Thank you for your extensive review and for sharing your nice pictures. I am glad to read that you were delighted with our Hilton Honors Diamond member benefits. Apart from the comfort of our luxurious suite, it is true that our location in the center of Sands Cotai Central offers great activities for the entire family. I am thrilled to read that your 3 years old daughter enjoyed the company of the DreamWorks gang during Shrekfast and that you shared a lift ride with famous Aaron Kwok.
I thank you for your feedback related to our Housekeeping team as it will also us to improve our services.

We will look forward to welcoming you back at Conrad Macao

Glasgow
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon, so after a short ferry trip from Hong Kong and a free transfer from the temporary Cotai ferry terminal (we travelled with Cotai Jet), we were delighted to be shown to our wonderful room on the 23rd floor.We had a great view over the Venetian and to Macua itself in the distance.

From our arrival the staff were incredible - from the first people to greet us at the door, to the reception staff, and later on the restaurant, fitness suite and poolside staff, all were impeccably polite, anticipated your every need, and had excellent attitudes. Our room was lovely, we enjoyed the touches such as the luxury robes and slippers, nespresso machines, and extensive toiletries in the massive bathroom. The hotel delivered a 'happy honeymoon' cake and nice note to our room when we were out one day which was a lovely gesture.

The hotel facilities are good - more or less had the gym to ourselves and as no-one was using the weights I had a member of staff follow me about and put everything back - what a luxury! Wish I had that at my normal gym! The pool area was beautifully maintained with good changing facilities and the staff very friendly and helpful.

In terms of things to do - you can wander round the massive hotel shopping complexes - either the one the Conrad is attached to, or use the walkway to head over to the even more massive Venetian which is extremely easy to get lost in. We also took a taxi to Macau itself so that we could explore the Portuguese heritage - very steep streets with no air so wear comfy shoes and take water! Worth visiting the fort and the cathedral facade though, and we enjoyed wandering the streets and ducking into traditional temples.

All in - we had a luxurious time at this hotel - who knows if we will ever be back in that part of the world again (I kind of hope we are as I would like to see just how crazy and massive Cotai becomes in its quest to overtake Vegas!) but I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: As high as possible and ask for the front or the Macau-facing side.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank quite_particular
Dear quite_particular,

Thank you for your review. It always touches us when our guests choose our Hotel to celebrate their Honeymoon. I am thrilled to read that you were delighted with the comfort of your room and the signature amenities provided. It is every Conrad team member’s culture to provide flawless and personalized service and to make sure every guest needs are anticipated intuitively. So we thank you for recognizing that and we will share your nice remarks with the team.
We hope to see you back in this part of the world and look forward to welcoming you again at Conrad Macao.

macau, Macau
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The junior sweet room in Conrad hotel was fantastic. It's wide and comfortable. And the service was very good. Every staffs were kind and they responded well to my need. I'll stay here again if I have a chance to come to Macau.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Meridith B, Manager at Conrad Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Eunjeong K,

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to read that you had a fantastic stay at Conrad Macao. Apart from the comfort of our luxurious room, it is indeed the attentive service from our dedicated team members that makes the difference. Thank you for recognizing that.
We will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I must say it really was a great pleasure to stay at the Conrad Macau this week, I am in the hospitality business and have been fortunate enough to not only work, but stay in many great Hotels worldwide. I can honestly say this Hotel tops the list. From the initial warm welcome from the doorman to the super-efficient attentive and friendly check in at reception, a kind greeting from all team members who make eye contact as you walk down the palatial corridors on the finest of carpets to the luxurious comfort of the room. Then there is the great choice of dining options available, from which I particularly enjoyed the sumptuous choices at the Grand Orbit Buffet.
Truly a flagship Hotel from the Hilton brand / Sands Venetian, thank you so much to all your team members, all of which are proved to be a credit to our Industry for making my stay so enjoyable, I hope to have the pleasure to stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed on both lower level and higher level room , both were superb
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tony H
Dear Tony H,

Thank you for your nice review. As an Hotelier, you know the importance of consistently delivering flawless and personalized service to each and every guest. So, I am glad to read that you were delighted with our service, the comfort of our hotel and the dining options offered at Conrad Macao. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.