Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #17 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Being the largest Sheraton, there are long walks to anywhere you want to go. It is especially difficult to get to the "Earth" tower for some reason from the hotel lobby. We had booked into a club executive suite room. The room itself was BRILLIANT! it was spacious, located on the 34th floor which was good. Had a great view of the Macau Airport runway. The hotel has 3 pools but we used only one of them. The club lounge is big, since it is a huge property, but unfortunately, the charm of an actual club lounge is lost due to the number of people utilizing it. Food (breakfast and canapes) were buffet style. The cocktail hour is a busy time for the lounge which shows with the strain on the staff and the mess that is left behind after the end of the happy hour. Check-In did take a while as there were lines and even when showing the Customer Service guy located at the entrance of the roped check-in area we were asked to wait in the line as there was no check in at the Club lounge, which clearly was incorrect. Upon mentioning this to the club lounge reception we were just looked at with a blank stare and then she continued working on the PC.

We tried the spa and no complaints about it. The treatments were good.

Most of the other staff interaction was very good. In particular, i don't remember her name, she was the Head Butler from Singapore, i believe made sure that each and every guest was made comfortable during the cocktail hours in the lounge.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room. Book the executive suite if possible, they are brilliant.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank M_Taz1985
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Dear M_Taz1985,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know that you loved the Executive Suite, enjoyed Shine Spa and it looks like you had an enjoyable stay overall. We regret to know that you experience was not the best at check-in and in the Club. Please be rest assured your feedback will be shared with relevant teams for further review and improvement, and of course, your kind words to our associates will be celebrated and shared. Once again, thank you for your comment and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Warm regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (5,873)

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Definitely LOVED our stay at this hotel. Check in was smooth and pretty fast. Hotel's staffs are friendly and helpful. We got upgraded to the family suite, which is basically 2 connecting rooms, with 1 room dedicated for kids. It has this double decker bed, kids' furniture, kids' amenities in the toilet, cute little bathrobes and slippers, and most importantly, it has wii! Great to entertain the kids, especially with a typhoon outside. All of the things in the kids' room are very well-thought and considered. It even has corner protectors on every furnitures' edges and socket covers. BEDS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE, in both rooms, I literally needed to drag myself out of the bed. In-room dining was fast, well-presented, tasted pretty good. Swimming pool is great. Too bad we didn't get the chance to swim. Great location, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. The only quirk was no extra toilet paper was provided, we had to call room service to get more. Overall, very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Mommyella,

Thank you for your review noticing so much in details in our Family Suite! We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay in the Family Suite and enjoyed in-room dining. Your feedback on toilet paper will be shared with relevant teams for further review and improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Brand new Sheraton, good location, nicely done rooms, atmosphere was good, nice hotel, but...

I was extremely disappointed by the breakfast buffet. I know, I know it's free, included with the room so I shouldn't complain, what can you expect from a free service. Well, I expect better. I travel a lot and normally stay at a competing chain's hotels but they don't have a property in Macao yet. So, I booked at Sheraton expecting similar level of service.

The problem was just a lack of choices. They had waffles but only syrup for toppings, limited breads & salad choices and the bacon looked like a pile of undercooked soggy noodles. Bacon should be crispy for heaven's sake! I ate a plate of fruit and left. This morning I chose to skip it altogether. For me the breakfast experience while traveling is important. How I start my day has a big effect on my mood for the rest of the day.

Lastly, in room wifi. You have to pay. Not a huge amount, about US$14.00 But that's not the point, it should be free.Ok, many hotels make you pay. However, if you take the time to join their rewards program many hotels (like Marriott for example) will waive the wifi fee and allow you free access. Does Sheraton do this? No. I joined their program and still had to pay, albeit not as much, about a quarter of the original price but again it's not the money that's the issue but the irritation.

It is a nice hotel but truthfully between the breakfast and the pay wifi I'll shop around a bit more before choosing a hotel for my next trip to Macao 2 months from now.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bob C
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear Bob C,

Thank you for staying with us. We hope that aside from the breakfast and our Wi-Fi policy, your stay was enjoyable. Appreciated for your feedback regarding the breakfast and Wi-Fi, please be rest assured they will be shared with relevant departments as well as our senior management for review and improvements. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope that we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I am a loyal customers with Sheraton and SPG guest, and have been staying in Sheraton hotels for more than 50 times around the world.

However, our last two visits with Macau Sheraton were an unpleasant stay for us. Firstly, due to the uneven air-conditioning in room, I wanna to request for an extra blanket, however, I was told that it was not available and even I requested to pay for the service but in vain.

In addition, I stayed with my room for 2 nights, however, the housekeeping rang the room bell twice to wake me up at 10:00 a.m. on the 1st morning for cleaning up, a 2-star service?

No extra toilet paper in washroom and should I call room-services to request for urgent assistance?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel C

Dear Daniel C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to provide the best service to our guests at Sheraton Macao Hotel, we are very disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your stay at our hotel.

Additional training and guidelines will be provided to our associates to ensure we meet the Sheraton standards, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is the largest Sheraton in the world. Be prepared to walk a lot to get to and from different parts of the hotel. Aside from that, the hotel has pretty nice rooms and facilities. There are also frequent shuttles to and from different parts of Macao including the two main ferry terminals. This hotel is also located right next to the City of Dreams and is convenient if you book shows (including House of Dancing Water).

Check-in:

It took a long time to find the Sheraton Club Lounge for check-in. I'm glad I found it eventually because the process was quick, efficient, and friendly. Having seen the lines on the first floor, I'm sure the wait would have been quite long.

Room:

Was upgraded to a suite and it was really big. There was a guest bathroom, a large living room, and an even bigger main bathroom. As usual, the bed at this Sheraton (like any other Sheraton) is really comfortable. There was also a welcome note and chocolates for SPG Platinums. The suite does feel a little too big in that the size and number of furniture was disproportionate to the size of the suite (if that makes any sense). Overall though, a very nice, clean and comfortable suite.

F&B:

Only had breakfast at the lounge. The spread was nothing to write home about and the food wasn't that fresh. There were also a lot of guests. This is by far the largest club lounge I have ever come across. It doesn't really feel that exclusive or cozy, but it's totally understandable given the size of this hotel.

Facilities:

There are two main pools on either sides of the building. The gym is really nice and open 24-7. The service at the pool could be a bit more efficient, but overall, decent facilities.

Overall:

This hotel is good value especially if you are an SPG Platinum member. The service and recognition is great. The only thing that I would pick on is the quality of the breakfast spread and the snacks available at the lounge throughout the day. Finger sandwiches, candies, and some juices were served in the afternoon, but nothing else. However, I would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear CPA902,

Thank you the thorough review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in general but we are also very sorry that the breakfast at our Sheraton Club did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be shared with our Club team and management for further review and improvement. We want to thank you again for telling us your experience and we are delighted to have the acknowledgement and approval especially coming from a valued SPG Platinum member. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Overall he very good stay, It was a week end holiday for two nights from Hong Kong.
I was with my wife and daughter who is two and half years old .
Rooms were clean and tidy, maybe a little small, but I had no complaints.
The Sheraton is linked to Dreamworks, so I guessed it would be good for my daughter.
Frankly I think its a wasted opportunity for them to really target families.
yes they have a breakfast with a DW theme, if you pay extra. Any yes they have a lady who turns up with ballons, and organise some activities. But you really have to go looking for it. When you get into the hotel,there's not alot in the literature they give, telling you what to do.

There play area's are strickly short term interest. We ended up going to City of Dreams play room across the road which was better for my childs age group.

The hotel room service menu was good, my daughter enjoyed the chicken dish she got which was a big plus.
The resturants within walking distance of the hotel didn't really have kids menus and we ended up at Cafe Deco ...at the Venetian.
It would be nice if a hotel complex had more activities for young kids and a couple of family restaurants to boot, but not this time I"m afraid

The service was generally good. The pools were good apart from being to cold. They seem only to heat it in winter . It was cloudy when we went so too cold. Still some die hards were out.

I was at Earth Tower, and its a long walk from the centre. I might consider the Holiday Inn if I went Sands at Cotai again, or maybe City of Dreams, then I can go the play area and hard rock restaurant.

The TV only had cartoon network, no disney channel, and no rugby channel for me, I'm guessing the other hotels were the same though. They did show dreamsworks movies for the kids

We had a great sleep, the rooms was silent and the beds etc were top notch!

Room Tip: Earth Tower a bit far away, go for sky tower. 4th floor pool is good for kids
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Neil_From_Wanchai,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know that you generally had a good stay here. We regret to hear that our kid's activities did not meet your expectation. We are surprised about the food menu at the restaurants; as Sheraton, we do provide kid's menus for a pleasant family stay which you can experience at our venues like Feast and Bene. Once again we value your feedback and your comments will be shared with our management team for review and possible improvement. We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We really didn't know what to expect prior to arriving but I can say that overall we had a great stay at this hotel. We LOVED the beds, they are so comfortable; the bathrobes and bathtub were also great. We really enjoyed our deluxe room and appreciated all of it's comforts especially while we waited out the typhoon.
The pool was great, but the hours seemed a bit short. I think it opens around 11/12 and closes around 6/7? Not positive, but we love swims in the evening and that wasn't possible.
The restaurant called Tastes in the casino nearest the Earth Tower is AWESOME! It has plenty of delicious chinese and macanese dishes for reasonable prices. We ate there almost every day. The pork chop buns, African chicken, pineapple buns, Singapore style noodles and traditional Macanese serradura pudding were all amazing! We really enjoyed the food and the staff here. Unfortunately, if you have children this isn't an option as it's located inside the casino.
Here's our main complaint: water! They supply 2 small bottles of drinking water in your room every day, and if you phone guest services you can request another 4 complimentary bottles be delivered to your room, for a total of 6 per day. That's great, but what about the average human who needs more than that? It's really difficult to find bottles for purchase anywhere around the giant hotel complex. We were directed to a far-off gift shop only to find a tiny bottle of water being sold for 40 HKD...no way!
We finally figured out that inside the casinos there were mini bottles of water sitting on trolleys at random spots. We started to load up on those which saved us from dehydration.
When we went into town we purchased some water at a Watsons and brought it back to our room, but we felt it was an unnecessary pain to carry 6 bottles around, when it's an essential item that should be easy to acquire.
We really, really wished they had a convenience store or a Watsons or really anything that sold simple things like these for reasonable prices.
The other thing we thought was strange is that the giant Cotai complex doesn't provide their own shuttle buses into town. They directed us to use the City of Dream shuttle which was a 10 minute walk away. It's not a big deal, but waiting in line for 45 minutes to get on a shuttle at a different location seemed strange. We wondered why Cotai/Sheraton didn't have a shuttle service for their own guests.
Overall we had a great stay here. The concierge was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms were great and really comfortable. The food was awesome. We'd probably want to try a different hotel out the next time we go, for the fun of it, but we'd recommend this location to anyone looking for good value at a nice property.
If you can overlook some of the growing pains this newer hotel is going through, you're sure to enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room away from children and the elevators and received just that. We were very...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear lovingnow,

Thank you for your review. We are glad to know you enjoyed the room and our signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed. Apart from the complimentary bottled water, you can also find electric kettle and coffee making machine in your room to enjoy some beverages. Our main pool Jaya operates through 8:30pm on a normal day but it might vary due to weather conditions. Your concerns and comments are well noted, and will be shared with our management team for further review and improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.