“Pool cafe food horrendous ”

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Despite the hotel and rooms being very nice, the food served at the pool cafe was by far the worst meal we have experienced in Asia. The menu only has 6 items and we ordered 3 of them so it is fair to say that we had a fair representation of what was on offer. The salads were caked in mayo and the 3 sandwiches we ordered were bordering on inedible. All deep fried till they were like rubber, on rock hard bread, and again covered in mayo. Unbelievably disappointing, we won't be back

Stayed: November 2013
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Felicity2013,

Thank you for your feedback in connection with our services that did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We have already addressed this matter to respective department for further review and improvement.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience we have caused you. We highly appreciate your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve again in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I only stayed for one night but it is a memorable stay. The best part is, this was the hotel stayed by my favourite Korean program-Runningman!
So, we booked a Club Rooms with breakfast at Club Lounge. Delicious International buffet breakfast to start our new day!

The hotel is at Cotai, so it is near Macau Ferry Terminal and airport but a distance from Macau. So we have to travel to Macau by cab or bus.
I was impressed by the speed on the replies from the staff when I was enquiring informations about the hotel through thier official website online.
My requests prior on the hotel rooms were atteneded. The front desk staff are polite and friendly.
The room was spacious and clean with simple and elegant design. We could relax in the room after a day tour.
I highly recommend this hotel to travelers

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Jaynelin,

Thank you for your review. We are so delighted to know that you enjoyed the Club benefits and had an enjoyable stay in our Club rooms. Your kind words about our associates will be shared with the team as it will encourage us to improve more. We strive to personalise every staying experience and we are glad that we managed to deliver that to you since your planning stage online. We hope we will provide you another memorable experience in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I found the location to be an issue. This hotel is based on a small strip with some other hotels (Venetian, Holiday Inn etc.). It is far away from the main strip with the really good/fun/well-established hotels (eg. Grand Lisboa/MGM Grand/Wynn). You need to get a taxi or shuttle bus to get to the other area. The shuttle buses stop running at 11pm.
I found the choice of restaurants and bars limited and mediocre in and around the Sheraton. There was only one bar open after midnight in the hotel, and I was charged more for a Tsing Tao there than anywhere else on my week long trip to HK/Macau. The room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was good - a very wide range of options.
I was staying again I would stay in the central area of Macau. You have not only a much, much better choice of bars/restaurants/casinos, you are also near the old town. The Sheraton is really near nothing of interest, and I found it very expensive given the location is not great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear Altai,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to know that you had an enjoyable experience in our guest room and found breakfast up to your standard. We regret that the focus of your trip was on the Macau main peninsula side, but if you are looking for great places to explore Sheraton Macao is very close to Coloane and Taipa, with a lot of choices of restaurants and options around the Cotai Strip too. If you are traveling to and from overseas, you might find it very convenient to get to the airport also. Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at Sheraton Macao for a week and was extremely impressed with the superlative professionalism of every staff member that I encountered. The services that I used included porter, club-rooms, room-service, business centre, meeting venues, housekeeping, bell-hop, concierge and the Sheraton coach. Without doubt, the staff were consistently the most professional, courteous, helpful and friendly staff that I have ever experienced. I thought that the room I had was amazing (you have to try room 13202!) but the staff were even better.

I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed my stay in Macao. I would strongly recommend the Sheraton Macao to anyone visiting Macao.

If you get a chance, take a peek at how the bell-hop system works. It was incredible!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Warren D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is great for us to know that you had an enjoyable stay and found our Club rooms amazing. Did you also experience the Club benefits during your stay? Do stay in touch with us on our websites to know more so you can maximize your future staying experience. Your kind words about our associates will be shared with the team as it will encourage us to improve further. Thank you for the recommendation, we hope we will provide you another memorable experience next time.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We stayed here over GP weekend and had an excellent time of it. I stay here often and generally get the same room. Its great service for a hotel that is incredibly large and has soooo many guests coming and going (they do an excellent job of remembering you)

The service I can't speak highly enough of and the rooms are just fantastic. More often than not I'm in Macau for work and get a great suite that really makes me feel its a home away from home. The media suite is a must experience!! Its huge with Separate media room with awesome surround sound Bose system) and the rest of the suite as you can imagine is huge, large lounge area with another TV + separate dinning room area and work desk area, then the large bedroom and great twin bathroom.

Being SPG member and getting the free wifi is also great and hassle free. I think this hotel does the best job in Macau of catering to everyone (they've got a great balance for westerners, asians, europeans) The Sheraton standard is very much leading the way at this iconic property.

The green choices they provide in lui of house keeping is another SPG winner, great choice to make!

If your up for the exercise your only a short 20minute walk to the local town sitting of Taipa with supermarkets etc close at hand.

If you are traveling from HK or the HK Airport by Ferry to Macau make sure to try and get one to Taipa Ferry Terminal its literally 5 minutes to the hotel.

The shuttle bus services from the east lobby are such a great service it runs from about 930-1130, it would be good if ran from 630 to midnight (this would take account of ports open and closing times) this operation is out of Sheraton's hands

Checkout the Photos of the media suite -

Room Tip: if youve stayed before ask for the same room (if you liked it) if you arent an SPG member become one...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Good services and tidy room with wifi at room and along the Club. Also the hotel gave me a birthday cake during my stay for my Holliday. Staff at the Club lounge are nice and provide us the warm and nice services. Finally, the swimming area separate into 4 to 5 small pools , providing the guest 's privacy.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Was there for 4 days on business trip, visiting all Macau gaming companies. We were told that standard room sizes for Conrad/Sheraton/Holiday Inn, the new block on Cotai Central are the same; while Sheraton is among the cheapest thus more value-for-money.

Room was clean, well appointed. If you opt to have wifi in the room, show them that you are SPG member, or apply one on check in; rate is MOP30 for 24 hours which is considered cheap. For non SPG member they will charge MOP240 if I recall correctly for 24 hours. Else wifi is also available at the Feast restaurant (breakfast area), and lobby lounge, wifi reception is ok within the premise.

Breakfast if ok but repetitive after 2 days, service staff were courteous despite being busy most of the time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room. We do share some similarities with our neighbors within the Sands Cotai Central complex but different in many ways too. One of which you have already enjoyed being SPG and, aside from Wi-Fi privileges, we hope that you also enjoyed the dining discounts and other SPG benefits during your stay. Our standard Wi-Fi charge is MOP 120 per day but as you have experienced - free access is available in most of the public areas and currently SPG members enjoy even more than a discounted Wi-Fi charge. Once again thank you for sharing with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.