“a wonderful stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Guangzhou, China
“a wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to Macao for many times and it was my first time to stay in Sheraton.I like Sheraton very much.This hotel is very big and is great.The rooom is large and I love the sweet sleeper bed.I slept very well with that.The lady checked me in is very helpful.She provided lots of information for my tour in macao even though I've been to macao for many times.The rest staff I met were very nice and they're always smile.I felt really warm and realx in Sheraton Macao.The gym is great,the pool is big and have the warm temperature.There are lots of shuttle bus to important destination and its very convenice for me.Sheraton Macao is the best hotel i have ever been before and I will choose Sheraton Macao when i come back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Raymond K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,530 helpful votes
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel is managed very, very badly!!! We were sitting at the outside terrace of the Club Lounge on 4th floor at 21:30 and suddenly we got a shower with a very bad smell. We turned around and had to find out that just behind us they were spraying the plans with chemicals. Despite the very bad smell they were not able to tell us with what kind of chemicals we have been sprayed, we've just been informed that it's 'fertilizer'. This is absolutely not acceptable!!! A decent hotel management should be aware that the Club Lounge is open until 22:00 and therefore no chemical treatment should be done before 22:30.

But I'm honestly not very surprised about such a mismanagement at this hotel: after check in we came to our room and saw a lot of long black hair on the carpet and on the chair in the bedroom. I called the Club Lounge and asked somebody to come up. I've shown the lady all the hair and she was shocked. I asked them to clean the room while we're in down. After our return from the city (maybe 5 hours) I had to lean that they vacuumed the carpet but all the hair at the chair have still be in place. Only when I heavily complained the next morning the room has really be cleaned.

Cleaning seems to be a big issue at this hotel. Why else they would offer you additional 500 Starpoints in case you accept that they only clean your room each second day. To me this offers looks ridiculous (maybe next time they offer 1'000 points in case you clean the room yourself before you check-out?), no hotel in the world ever offers such a stupid thing to me.

In general about the hotel: it's HUGE and you'll walk and walk and walk up to your room. Also the Club Lounge is huge and doesn't give you the feeling of a Club at all. At least this time it wasn't overcrowded (maybe be stayed Monday to Wednesday, not over the weekend) and the food-presentation looked more clean. Last time I stayed for the weekend and the food more looked like a battlefield.

Anyway, this hotel shouldn't be a 'Sheraton', not even a Fourpoint. I think even an IBIS hotel offers you more than this place, the minimum: a clean room and not being sprayed by chemicals!!!

Sheraton Macao: NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: At a real hotel, best downtown
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear HONkiev,

Thank you for your feedback in connection with our services that did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We agree that the high standards of our services were not met in this instance.

We have noted your comments regarding the incident at the Club Lounge's terrace as well as the condition in your room, and we would like to assure you that cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We do apologize that we have not met your expectations. We have already addressed this matter to respective department, and will ensure that this will not happen in your future visit.

Once again, thank you for bringing up your concerns to our attention. We sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Balanga City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

me and my family stayed in sheraton macao for almost a week. and i can say one of my best vacation ever. specially im with my two kids and mom. the hotel still so new. the staffs give good service.. enjoyed all their amenities specially the foods there. have a lot of activities for kids. it was really great.. im sure this will happen again..

• Stayed November 2013
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We picked the Sheraton Macau because we wanted a well-priced, family-friendly hotel. I had originally booked one room with two double beds but was upgraded to the family suite upon check-in. What a treat! Everything from the Kung-Fu Panda bathrobes and the Wii to the bunkbeds and balloon lady in the lobby - made this stay memorable for our kids. My spouse and I loved the big bathrooms, the clean rooms and the amazing customer service. It made a very good impression and we will now consider other Sheratons when travelling in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear MWM14,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the Family Suite and our service. We strive to provide a personalized experience for every guest and we hope your stay with our family offerings were truly memorable. Thank you for your kind words and we are sure that our sister Sheraton properties would extend the same warm welcome to you.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was my first time to Macau and I didn’t know what to expect. Once arriving to the island we found out that it is divided into two parts: Macau and Cotai. Macau is considered the old town where you can find all the oldest hotels, the old village and all the ancient monuments. Cotai is exactly the opposite; the hotels are brand new with modern designs, streets are large and you wont find any residential areas. Sheraton hotel is located in Sands Cotai Central (in Cotai island) which is a group of hotels sharing the same area and same facilities.
I cannot say that Sheraton is the best hotel in Cotai but for the price that we paid it is of course one of the best deals available. The Sheraton Concierge desk was the most helpful i have ever seen. Another reason I stayed in the Sheraton is that it is an SPG hotel which I am member and, truly speaking, I like the pampering they deliver to their members. My favorite hotel in the Cotai Central is Hard Rock but of course you will pay much higher rate to stay in but it is worth the money.
Internet is available but at a fee.
P.S. Unlike China, English is widely spoken in Macau and most of the taxi drivers have a well knowledge of the language. No need to write the name of your destination in Chinese in order to show it to the taxi driver (only people who visited China before will understand what i mean :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SEEDOZ
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear SEEDOZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and spoke highly of our service. As a Starwood hotel we value SPG members as our loyal guests and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed what we have to offer for our members. We look forward to your next stay in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

The room was beautiful & large. Beds were very comfortable too. Carpeting was thick & plush. Sound insulation from the neighboring rooms were very good too. I was pleasantly surprised that the tv could swivel around from the wall rack.

What could have been better:
1. Air filters in the air conditioning can be improved. The moment I stepped out of my room (located on a non-smoking floor), I was hit by the stench of secondary smoke. It gets even worse at the lobby where the casino is located. Sheraton should consider means to contain the smoke within, perhaps the construction of glass doors / partitions. The smoke was so bad that it made my eyes watery, my children were choking and basically confined ourselves to either the room or outdoors. That said, the situation is the same at other hotels.

2. Bus pick-up point at Macau ferry Terminal. No signage to represent Sheraton other than the staff in uniform, and even then, the staff uniform carried more than 1 hotel logo. Confusing and doesn't help with Sheraton's global branding efforts.
No seats nor shelter provided- could be an infrastructural issue to be sorted out with the Macau government.

Overall the room and check-in/out experience was pleasant.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear CodyYew,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are glad that you and your family have enjoyed the stay here. Please be rest assured that your feedback regarding air quality on the room floor and bus service at Macau Ferry Terminal will be shared with relevant teams for improvement. We hope that we can welcome you back soon to create another relaxing stay for you.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Overall, the hotel experience was great. Great value for a beautiful room. The room was large, and the bathroom was pretty nice. Everything you need is in the room. Probably one of the nicest sheraton hotels i have been to. Get a room in the upper floors for better views of Cotai. If you want access to spa, pools and gym, consider choosing the sky tower as opposed to the earth tower as it is closer. Breakfast was ok - we ordered in-room service and the quality of food did not match the price. Cotai itself is a much quieter version of Vegas with only a few big hotels and few people roaming around, granted we were there mid-week. Sheraton offers free shuttle service from Macau ferry terminal, taipa terminal and the Chinese border.

Gym was great, probably the nicest hotel gyms. They are Core Performance partners and have everything you need in a gym. They have a few big pools, with two of them heated in winter.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear yjrz,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to know that you had a relaxing stay with us and found our Sheraton Fitness your favorite venue. Your feedback on in-room service will be shared with relevant teams for further review. Thank you again for spending time to share the experience with us. We look forward to welcoming your next stay in the future.