“Wonderful and warm trip~ ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #18 of 92 Hotels in Macau
“Wonderful and warm trip~ ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

They was very nice and help me to arrange everything....the best of the best hotel, thanks hotel Manager and staff again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights there as a weekend break to see the Taboo show as all other hotels nearby were fully booked for the boxing fight. Hotel rooms are nice enough and service is ok. Swimming pool and gym are hard to find if ok. However the lobby lost in the casino with throngs of people checking in and out at all times, smoking cigarettes inside and the rest, plus the very confusing layout of the ground floor and the long queues at breakfast are NOT ok for a 4 star hotel. Thank god we had the SPG card so had some advantages and took refuge in City of Dreams across the road . Would not stay here again ...

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear lauradezil,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the room and service though we are sorry to hear that your experience was not perfect due to the busy weekend with multiple happenings in the Cotai Strip. Thank you for your comments on the directions to our venues, we will share with relevant departments for further improvement. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope that we could have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Environment - 4.5 star
Service - 4.5 star
Food in general - 3.5 star can be better

All and all it was a very pleasant stay and we really appreciate their professional staff's effort in making our stay as comfortable as possible. We will definitely choose Sheraton Macau to be our choice of stay when ever we visit Macau again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

There is nothing you can complain about in this hotel. Service is good. Ambience is very conducive for resting. Standard and predictable Sheraton standards, simply so consistent. Hotel lobby comes with a mini casino for those who can't sleep at night.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Dancingmocha,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted to know that you spoke highly of our service and had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

As many other reviewers have said the staff here are very helpful. My only gripe with this hotel is that it is sooo BIG! Getting to your room is a challenge as there are two towers and we (and later found out many others) were sent to the wrong tower. This was quite frustrating as you are trying to get into your room but the room number is exactly the same on the wrong tower! So you think your room key just doesn't work.... Its a VERY long walk to the same room on the other tower.
So be very careful when you check in! Location is great. Lots of facilities. Plenty to do.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear capt_mofo,

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are so delighted to know that you had enjoyed the stay and found our location great. Please be rest assured that we will share your feedback with the team and additional training and guidelines will also be provided so we can assist guests to the respective tower more seamlessly. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

18/11 checked in and front desk staff told me to show my credit card for deposit guarantee. I have never signed any slip with my credit card.

Then checked out next day at express check out counter. The staff just asked me if the minibar was used. She did not tell me there was already a chargeable bill to my room.

When I got back to HK, I found there was a bill of HK$380.59 charged to my credit card by Sheraton Macao. I was absolutely amazed and wondered how my credit card can be used w/o my authorised signature. My card issuing bank suggested this might be a criminal fraud!

Then I sent an email to Sheraton Macao and Guest Service Manager replied it was a mistake made by F & B. They confused my surname Wong with another guest and wrongly charged my credit card w/o any verification!

In addition, Assistant Front Office Manager explained when I show my card to them, it means I allow them to charge me for any billing transactions. Besides, he said if I choose to check out at express counter, I should check the bill on their tv before leaving.

I don't think a guest will check the bill before leaving! It's quite normal for a guest to check the bill when he is checking out. Moreover, it's not the responsibility of a guest to check the bill himself! It's obviously the responsibility of the hotel to tell whether there are any bills outstanding.

If you were me, your credit card could possibly be stolen by someone. Then the hotel said this is your responsibility to check the bill first. What do you think?

I feel totally neglected and disrespected just because I'm not a Preferred guest of Sheraton! I definitely sure I will never spend a cent with Sheraton again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear jameshmwong,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we strive to provide the best service to our guests at Sheraton Macao Hotel, we are very disappointed to know that our service did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel.

We would like to assure you that we are now working on the refund procedure, and we are taking every action possible to make sure that our services will be improved. Additional training and guidelines will also be provided to the associates to ensure we meet the Sheraton standards, and more importantly to meet our guests’ expectations.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We highly appreciated your feedback, as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do, and we hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I have been to Macao for many times and it was my first time to stay in Sheraton.I like Sheraton very much.This hotel is very big and is great.The rooom is large and I love the sweet sleeper bed.I slept very well with that.The lady checked me in is very helpful.She provided lots of information for my tour in macao even though I've been to macao for many times.The rest staff I met were very nice and they're always smile.I felt really warm and realx in Sheraton Macao.The gym is great,the pool is big and have the warm temperature.There are lots of shuttle bus to important destination and its very convenice for me.Sheraton Macao is the best hotel i have ever been before and I will choose Sheraton Macao when i come back for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo