“Nice and busy hotel”

Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed there one night with my hubby and kid. On the day of check-in, there was a thunderstorm and heavy rains and we were not able to go to the pool. I took my son to their shopping mall which has affordable brands such as Zara (Man, Woman, Kids and Home). Marks & Spencer opened on the day of our check-out (28/8).

Our room package included Club Lounge Access, which offer 1) happy hour and 2) breakfast
1) Happy Hour was fantastic with soups, satay, meats and even pasta and rice. Free flow of drinks including wines. Recommend Roast Beef (w/ Mushroom Sauce). Honesty, I really think that is better some famous restaurant in town.

2) Breakfast was okay with reasonable varieties both western and asian, but wasn't as good as their happy hour.

Suite is spacious and I really like the bath tub. Clean, comfortable and simple design. Friendly staff with smile (well not everyone, but at least most of them).

Tips: Avoid checking-in at 3pm-4pm, tons of people at the check-in counters. To be precised, I arrived at the hotel at 5pm and there was just 3 or 4 people in front of me on the queue. For ppl travelling w/ kids, I would suggest going to Sala Pool rather than Jaya Pool which has some sharp corners at the pool.

Room Tip: Higher Floor with Club Access
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear BabyFish294,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay in your suite with Club Benefits. We hope we will give you another memorable experience soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with complimentary breakfast and turned up at around 9:15am both mornings. I needed to wait for approximately 10 minutes to be seated and the restaurant ran out of tea cups on both mornings. At the end after huge effort (asking around for 10 minutes), I managed to get 2 tea cups for tea and coffee for my wife and myself.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear nlectlect_fun,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are sorry to hear your breakfast experience and please accept our apology on any inconvenience caused due to peak season. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams to improve. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We visit Macau several times a year and usually stay at the Galaxy, Holiday Inn Cotai Central or Galaxy. Based on rather nice photos and many positive reviews of the Sheraton Cotai, we decided to stay here and ended up disappointed. Having stayed at the Venetian which is spread over a larger area than the Sheraton, we were not overwhelmed by the size.

The deluxe room is smaller than the TA photos would lead one to believe and lacking in character (see photos posted separately). The Holiday Inn Cotai has nicer and more inviting rooms than the drab and dull color theme of the Sheraton's deluxe rooms. Just spend a Sunday night here if you want to experience the world's biggest Sheraton; it is not worth paying the marked up rates on Fridays and Saturdays. The room attendants will only replace soiled towels and replenish the toiletries and bottled water without changing the bed linen or vacuuming the carpets.

Two years after it's opening, we expected the Sheraton Macao to have ironed out any kinks in its customer service. We had requested to stay at the Sky Tower which was closer to the Shoppes and pool, but was told it was full and to make do with a room at the Earth Tower. We checked in late after 6pm and sought a late checkout which is usually 3pm for SPG members. The check in lady made it sound like a huge favour to extend our checkout from 11am to 1pm as 'the hotel is full'. We hardly saw or heard anybody else throughout our entire stay. In fact there was some renovation work being done on our floor. When we returned to our room around 11am one day, we heard some hammering going on in the room next to ours. Except for the staff at the pool and fitness centre who were polite and friendly , the bell hops, front desk and cloakroom were not proactive and were no better than their peers from less reknowned brands than the Sheraton, such as Best Western and Metropark. This is the only time that I am not assigned a room on the SPG floor and without a copy of INYT placed outside my room. When I checked with the SPG desk, I was told that there are designated SPG floors only for Club Rooms but not for Deluxe Rooms, and that newspapers were not supplied to Deluxe Rooms. Sheraton Macao's service pales in comparison to its sister hotels in Asia, such as the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok and the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur, where the staff are proactive, hospitable and extend a warm
welcome to guests. If not for the fact that our reservation had been fully prepaid, we would have checked out after one night and moved over to the Holiday Inn Cotai in the same complex.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Frappezz
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I recently held my friend's stag at the Sheraton and cannot express how great of an experience it was! The staff were very helpful and accommodating and the suite we rented was nothing short of exquisite! Whether going for a relaxed weekend by the pool, or a manic stag do - the Sheraton is equipped to give you the best experience possible! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Neil T,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with our hospitality. Thank you again for the recommendation. We hope we will provide another memorable experience for you soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Upon our arrival at the Sheraton Macau the scene was chaos at check-in, to our amazement we were checking in! The staff were professional, efficient and welcoming.

Our room was spacious bright and modern, we overlooked the Hotel pool which was a lovely sight and a great place to relax, we ordered lunch at the pool which was served with a smile!

We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Pool facing rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

THE MOST EXCELLENT STAY IN MACAU!!! I have been to Macau several times but no other trip can be better than this time..It is a massive hotel with a super big mall and casino which i liked it very much!!! I stayed at Sheraton hotel several days ago.. there was a queue but it took me only 5 minutes to wait for check in.. On arrival, one of the receptionist helped me to check in however there was a little problem which the guy couldn't find my reservation.. After that, one of the other higher level staff - Rachel approached to help. She was friendly and helpful.. She apologized to me and tried to locate my reservation quickly. Finally, my room was ready.. I went up to my room quickly to see how it is. However, the room was not very clean and it was very wet in the room. I didn't request for room change because i had to go out to meet my friend immediately. Around 5 minutes later, one of the associate knocked my door and gave me a Birthday cake.. I was really surprised that how come they know that day was my birthday.. I think it should be upon checked-in since i gave my passport to the staff - Rachel.. She did a great job !!! The best experience i have never had even i stayed in many other hotel before.

We spent some time at the feast restaurant for buffet breakfast the next day. The food was nice, staffs are all friendly. After that, I went to the casino which located next to Sheraton Hotel, It was really amazing. it's super huge and there is a lot of different kind of game..

Overall the staff were attentive and friendly, they are all helpful !! WELL DONE Sheraton Macau, I will definitely come back and introduce my friends to stay here !! I hoped the room cleaness will be improved a bit more. Anyway, thank you so much for the surpirse ....I love it very much !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Tomson W
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Tomson W,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with our personalised service. Your feedback on housekeeping is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams. Thank you again for the recommendation to your friends and family. We hope we will provide another memorable experience during your next stay.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a massive hotel with a massive mall and massive casino on massive Cotai strip.

Vulgar would be rather fitting.

There are about 3 million people in the mall and around the hotel lobby. Once you get the elevator up to your room, it's another world. Peace, tranquility. But alas my room had a nice view of the building site next door. Another hotel no doubt.

The highlight of my stay was the queue outside and opposite the lobby for the taxis. It took 45 minutes to get one. The taxi situation in Macau is a major headache. There are far too many visitors for the infrastructure to support.

This isn't a Sheraton. It's way too much below par to deserve the name.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel without a casino
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear HKeater,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are sorry to hear your experience due to peak season in Macau. We hope we will welcome you back in some other time in the future.