“Grand, luxurious and customer-friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central
Ranked #19 of 94 Hotels in Macau
New Delhi, India
“Grand, luxurious and customer-friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

We made an excellent decision by choosing to stay in this property which is supposed to be the largest Sheraton in the world. While I was a little skeptical because of the many online reviews about long lines, late check-in's etc, we did not encounter any such thing in spite of reaching the hotel at about 3 pm (which is the check-in time). Our stay was great and the highlights were as follows:

1. We took a Cotai View room, and it was huuuge in spite of NOT being a suite! The view was great and totally worth paying the extra price for the view.
2. The breakfast buffet was very lavish.
3. Since we visited the Venetian anyway (which was a walking distance away and connected by a bridge), it gave us the chance to explore another huge mall of which the hotel was a part. The mall concierge even helped us buy a tourist pass which gave us good savings on our sightseeing and dining.
4. The swimming pool area was again huge (even though we could not visit the adults only section which had closed for the day). There were at least 10 pools and since the crowd was less, every family / couple got a pool of their own!
5. The hotel itself was spectacular. Staying there gave us a high, and the customer service never disappointed in spite of the large size.

All in all, staying here was the most awesome experience, and I would not want any part of it to be changed!

Room Tip: Choose a Cotai View room, the view from there is just amazing!
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aanchal G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (842)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

入住 Check in
輪候時間短,職員細心友善
Quick and smooth check in. Nice staff.

清潔 cleanness
房間設備尚算整潔,但令人難以置信的,是在全澳門最新的五星級酒店的房間內,有陣陣的尿臭味,實為不可以接受
Most of the equipment is clean and tidy. But the room is smelly of peel. This is completely not acceptable

設施 Facilities
設有多冷暖水泳池,但泳池分散,令每個池的面積太細,空間略覺不足,而泳池亦沒有職員維持秩序,有很多小朋友在奔跑、追逐及跳水,感覺不安全
There are many pools with both cool and warm waters. But the pool was too small. The staff did not handle the children s who was running around and jumping into the water. These made the pool very danger and we can't relax at the pool.

特別安排 Special arrangement
預期先發電郵給酒店,通知此行為兩歲兒子慶祝生日,酒店方面亦免費提供一個小蛋糕,本應欣賞其貼心安排,但這貼心的安排,卻成為一個缺陷,因為酒店所提供的是咖啡味蛋糕,試問我又如何讓兩歲小孩享用呢?
I've send a email to the hotel and they had arranged a mini birthday cake for my two years old boy. However, the cake was made with coffee taste. How can a little baby eat with coffee taste. I feel very disappointed with this arrangement.

保安 Security
於電梯大堂需要出示房咭,才可以進入,能有效避免閒雜人等進入酒店
You are required to show your room card at lift lobby. This an excellent arrangement

退房Check out
特快退房服務,值得加許 Express check out service only take 1 minutes

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Keith F
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Keith F,

您好!感謝您的點評。很高興知道您和小朋友們有個輕鬆的入住。同時,我們對您入住期間造成的不便深表歉意,也已經把您的反饋意見轉達到相關部門,我們會進一步改善,以達到喜來登的服務標準。期待我們能再次為您服務。
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you generally had a pleasant stay with our service. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will be reviewed with team. We hope we will provide you a seamless stay in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

I am a spg member and usually choose Sheraton for my business/leisure trips. I have stayed in this Sheraton several times before but this experience was the most disappointing.
the short version is: when I asked for an extra bath towel over the phone I was told by two different persons in housekeeping that they could only exchange bath towels and could not give me an extra one. I find this truly ridiculous and in fact having stayed in hotels all over the world this is the first time ever such happened to me. I assumed this policy was there to prevent people asking for extra towels and taking them away ("stealing" was the word). the point being, the hotel had my credit card record for incidentals (as well as breakages and/or anything missing/stolen from the room). this "exchange only" policy was small minded and gave the guests a negative impression that the hotel was either very stingy, or that they assumed all guests were thieves.
the matter was resolved quickly after calling their manager (rooms), for which I was very grateful.
it took me three phone calls and over 20 minutes talking to various people, including their senior management, to get an extra towel ~ that's disappointing…

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank peterchan7708
Dear peterchan7708,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are happy to welcome familiar face like you back but sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Please be rest assure that we will reviewed your feedback and additional training will applied on associates. We hope we can welcome you back and give you a seamless stay in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I spent 5 nights this month in a work trip that was held at the Sheraton Macau. I was looking forward to the trip despite not being a gambler myself. However this monstrous hotel, which has apparently over 3,000 rooms, was a real let down.
Room quality was poor although the room was huge. The fittings and bathrooms were luxurious in about 1990 but dated and poor now, although the bed was comfortable.
Worst of all, every available square inch of the common areas is given over to gambling. There is no nice bar or decent coffee shop, apart from a hopelessly inadequate one on the ground floor which is constantly full of families apparently waiting for the gambler to come out of the casino, for hours at a time. The staff show zero care or interest in you, and take no action to stop the regular smoking by guests in the elevators (even though the signs are in Chinese as well as English these are ignored!).
A poor place, the worst of excess and a licence to fleece your customers. I won't be back!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Les F,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are sorry to hear that the experience is not up to your standard. We would like to invite you to have Sheraton Social Hour at Palms at 6pm to 9pm, every Friday to Sunday where you can compare world renowned wines and other premium pours. Your feedback about service is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by departments operated by Sands Cotai Central. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Macau, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed there one night with my hubby and kid. On the day of check-in, there was a thunderstorm and heavy rains and we were not able to go to the pool. I took my son to their shopping mall which has affordable brands such as Zara (Man, Woman, Kids and Home). Marks & Spencer opened on the day of our check-out (28/8).

Our room package included Club Lounge Access, which offer 1) happy hour and 2) breakfast
1) Happy Hour was fantastic with soups, satay, meats and even pasta and rice. Free flow of drinks including wines. Recommend Roast Beef (w/ Mushroom Sauce). Honesty, I really think that is better some famous restaurant in town.

2) Breakfast was okay with reasonable varieties both western and asian, but wasn't as good as their happy hour.

Suite is spacious and I really like the bath tub. Clean, comfortable and simple design. Friendly staff with smile (well not everyone, but at least most of them).

Tips: Avoid checking-in at 3pm-4pm, tons of people at the check-in counters. To be precised, I arrived at the hotel at 5pm and there was just 3 or 4 people in front of me on the queue. For ppl travelling w/ kids, I would suggest going to Sala Pool rather than Jaya Pool which has some sharp corners at the pool.

Room Tip: Higher Floor with Club Access
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear BabyFish294,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay in your suite with Club Benefits. We hope we will give you another memorable experience soon.

Penang, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights with complimentary breakfast and turned up at around 9:15am both mornings. I needed to wait for approximately 10 minutes to be seated and the restaurant ran out of tea cups on both mornings. At the end after huge effort (asking around for 10 minutes), I managed to get 2 tea cups for tea and coffee for my wife and myself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear nlectlect_fun,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are sorry to hear your breakfast experience and please accept our apology on any inconvenience caused due to peak season. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will be reviewed by relevant teams to improve. We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Asia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We visit Macau several times a year and usually stay at the Galaxy, Holiday Inn Cotai Central or Galaxy. Based on rather nice photos and many positive reviews of the Sheraton Cotai, we decided to stay here and ended up disappointed. Having stayed at the Venetian which is spread over a larger area than the Sheraton, we were not overwhelmed by the size.

The deluxe room is smaller than the TA photos would lead one to believe and lacking in character (see photos posted separately). The Holiday Inn Cotai has nicer and more inviting rooms than the drab and dull color theme of the Sheraton's deluxe rooms. Just spend a Sunday night here if you want to experience the world's biggest Sheraton; it is not worth paying the marked up rates on Fridays and Saturdays. The room attendants will only replace soiled towels and replenish the toiletries and bottled water without changing the bed linen or vacuuming the carpets.

Two years after it's opening, we expected the Sheraton Macao to have ironed out any kinks in its customer service. We had requested to stay at the Sky Tower which was closer to the Shoppes and pool, but was told it was full and to make do with a room at the Earth Tower. We checked in late after 6pm and sought a late checkout which is usually 3pm for SPG members. The check in lady made it sound like a huge favour to extend our checkout from 11am to 1pm as 'the hotel is full'. We hardly saw or heard anybody else throughout our entire stay. In fact there was some renovation work being done on our floor. When we returned to our room around 11am one day, we heard some hammering going on in the room next to ours. Except for the staff at the pool and fitness centre who were polite and friendly , the bell hops, front desk and cloakroom were not proactive and were no better than their peers from less reknowned brands than the Sheraton, such as Best Western and Metropark. This is the only time that I am not assigned a room on the SPG floor and without a copy of INYT placed outside my room. When I checked with the SPG desk, I was told that there are designated SPG floors only for Club Rooms but not for Deluxe Rooms, and that newspapers were not supplied to Deluxe Rooms. Sheraton Macao's service pales in comparison to its sister hotels in Asia, such as the Royal Orchid Sheraton in Bangkok and the Sheraton Imperial in Kuala Lumpur, where the staff are proactive, hospitable and extend a warm
welcome to guests. If not for the fact that our reservation had been fully prepaid, we would have checked out after one night and moved over to the Holiday Inn Cotai in the same complex.

• Stayed August 2014