“An awesome Michelin Dinner at the Tasting Room (Crown Tower Hotel Macau)”
Review of The Tasting Room

The Tasting Room
Ranked #28 of 756 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At The Tasting Room, Chef Guillaume Galliot redefines fine dining with his utmost attention to detail and a choice of the season’s most delicious ingredients from around the world, delivering contemporary European cuisine with the intuition of an artist right here in Macau.Elevate your gastronomic experience in the exclusive private room with spectacular views of Cotai; or sample our chef's selection of oysters, cold-cuts, cheeses and chocolates along with an extensive collection of premium wines and vintages in our tasting lounge.
Hong Kong, China
“An awesome Michelin Dinner at the Tasting Room (Crown Tower Hotel Macau)”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I liked the atmosphere, the decorations with Piano, bars, spectacular views facing the Venetian Hotel Complex and Galaxy Hotel resorts ; the service is excellent ; the serving of the food is very refreshing and taste is really good ; the portion is just right and money for value ; i will definitely visit again in the next 3 months' time ; can't miss

Visited June 2014
1 Thank V L

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Macau, China
“An Experience Like No Other!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Tasting Room at City of Dreams is a concept for foodies! You have the option of selecting a fixed dinner fo several course accompanied by wine, or selecting a la carte. Our table asked for the Chef who greeted us and spent time with us and we gave him carte blanche to create a dining experience for us. Our experience lasted for four hours and we were all very impressed a the end of the meal. Each course was accompanied by a fine wine and the pairings were always well matched. Chef Guillaume is creative, not only in presentation but in the art of combining flavors and textures!!! This is defintiely an experience that is worth every penny. Service was excellent, food was divine, wine was perfect, the room is well laid out and comfortbale and the view was fabulous.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Yardie65
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Superb”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Dinner last week . Can't speak more highly of the food , wine and service .
Had a meal to remember and capped off by excellent service . Forget the cost it is well worth it .

Visited May 2014
2 Thank John N
Macau, China
“Great value for first class food”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a fixed price 4 course Sunday lunch at the Tasting Room, and were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant sits on the 3rd floor of the Crown hotel, at the City of Dreams complex, and it boasts high ceilings and large windows looking out towards the Venetian. Valet parking is available at the hotel entry.

3, 4 or 5 course prix fixe menu options are available, ranging in price from around USD 50 to USD 75. We started with an appetiser of mackerel salad, which was fresh, clean and delightfully presented on very unusual inverted plates. A generous mix of varied breads accompanied. I chose soup for the next course, a richly flavoured lobster bisque. The main course was 3 small bricks of roast pork and baby vegetables. The pork was a little chewy, but very flavoursome. I chose chees instead of dessert to finish; a trolley with a selection of 5 cheeses was available, ranging across goat and cow milk cheeses, and included an ashed firm cheese...no fromage bleu! Proceedings were rounded off with a small selection of chocolates and marshmellow.
Although portions were small, we all felt we had had sufficient. Service was well-paced, and the waiters and sommelier were both knowledgeable and engaging, without being sycophantic.
The Tasting Room is an excellent choice for a Sunday lunch, and the fixed menu offers great value. Well worth seeking out.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank greenstOat24
Zhuhai, China
“So much trouble to go through for a meal”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I wanted a nice restaurant in Macau for our family Christmas dinner. The gal on the phone said sure, they were full for dinner but could seat us for lunch. So I decided to make a reservation. Then she says that she needs a deposit so I said OK let me give you my credit card number. She says no, she will send me a FORM via email which I have to fill out and send back to her. Now I'm thinking is this place just trying to pull my leg? I don't mind leaving a deposit or even paying for the full meal up front but I have an issue with a restaurant who makes it such a paramount initiative to collect money...as if they were afraid that I might eat and run. These people need to either collect the credit card number over the phone or have a secure online payment service instead of putting customer through a lot of trouble.

So I receive their application form...and not only do they want my credit card details and signature, but they also want a photo of my credit card BOTH back and front AND a photo of my passport ID page!!!!! I'm not trying to buy a car, just pay a deposit for a lunch. I've had less complicated visa applications. These people must think so highly of their food that they think people will do anything to dine there. Such arrogance! Maybe I'm being over sensitive but this being Christmas holiday week I don't much appreciate being told to jump through hoops....and for lunch? Next this restaurant might ask me to hand deliver the completed application and wait, hat in hand while they process it. I've been to Michelin stared restaurants in France, Japan, the US and UK who just took my name and the number of people who were in my party.

Obviously these people need to learn that a dining experience consists of a lot more than just putting the food in your mouth. So, I say to The Tasting Room "Merry Christmas to you all"....they get the Scrooge award for being so damn miserly.

• Visited December 2013
13 Thank ZhuhaiBill

Been to The Tasting Room? Share your experiences!